Deep Space Nine episodes under consideration

Dave Learn

Feb 12, 1992, 2:26:39 PM2/12/92

A friend of mine recently attended a Star Trek convention with Rik Berman
as guest speaker, and some people asked questions about the proposed new
Star Trek series, "Deep Space Nine." According to Berman, there are several
scripts under consideration right now.

1) "Wrapped in a Tiger's Hide"

This is a potential pilot episode. It centers around a female guest
star who changes into a large feline during moments of extreme anger.
(This is apparently the shape-shifter we have heard about before.)

2) "Deja Vu"

A retired Star Fleet captain appears at Deep Space Nine, and the
computers mysteriously begin to destroy themselves whenever he is
present. This may be a TOS/DS9 crossover.

3) "Q Ball"

Q appears during this episode and decides he enjoys the Enterprise
more. The remainder of the episode involves DS9 trying to repair
the communications computer (see last episode) to warn the Enterprise
in time. This is apparently one of the scheduled DS9/TNG crossovers.

4) "Unification" parts 3 and 4

After two years of friendly communication with the Borg, Data makes
an unauthorized visit to J25 to initiate peace networking with the
Borg. DS9 is forced to enter the wormhole and emerge inside Borg
space to retrieve Data, where he is hiding out with some free-thinking
Borg units who seek to end the assimilation of other cultures. Berman
hinted that Data may remain with the Borg if Spiner's contract cannot
be renegotiated like he wants it to.

5) "The Bluff"

A spacecraft from a civilization more advanced than the Federation
emerges through the wormhole. Through a clever bluff wherein DS9
pretends to have an anti-weapon device which makes an attacker's
weapons destroy the attacker, DS9 frightens the alien craft into an
alliance with the Federation. We'll never hear about this race again.
Lt. Kelvin plays an important role in this episode.

6) "The Brain"

An alien woman appears on DS9 and steals the brain of the senior
ranking officer. It's a race against time to locate the commander's
brain and reinstall it with the transporter, as his body is rapidly
deteriorating without it.

x) "Riot Act"

Paramount wants to cast this episode with loyal fans of Star Trek.
It features thousands of angry Federation citizens storming Deep Space
Nine and destroying it in their rage. This is a "final episode" due
to be filmed only if the series doesn't work.

Don Quixote, Knight of the Woeful Countenance

lea...@lafcol.lafayette.edu |O "Maddest of all: to see life as it
lea...@lafayett.bitnet -|O is, and not as it should be."
dl...@lafayacs.bitnet _/ \_ --Cervantes

P.J. Boulay

Feb 13, 1992, 10:35:57 PM2/13/92
I have a large problem with what you posted about the DS9 episodes..

In one of the other ST newsgroups, a person closely associated with the
cast working on DS9 is quoted as saying that there will "definitely not
be any ST:NG<-->DS9 crossover."

--
Peter J. Boulay --17 Split Rock Road-Pittsford, NY 14534-The ToonAddict!
Email should be sent only to PJB...@ritvax.isc.rit.edu

Daniel Veditz

Feb 14, 1992, 3:07:26 PM2/14/92
lea...@lafcol.lafayette.edu (Dave Learn) writes:

>A friend of mine recently attended a Star Trek convention with Rik Berman
>as guest speaker [....] According to Berman, there are several

>scripts under consideration right now.

[...]

>6) "The Brain"
>
> An alien woman appears on DS9 and steals the brain of the senior
> ranking officer. It's a race against time to locate the commander's
> brain and reinstall it with the transporter, as his body is rapidly
> deteriorating without it.

You're joking, right?

I wouldn't really surprise me to see them do it, though. If
you're going to recycle TOS scripts you might as well recycle
the worst ones and see if you can make them any better the
second time around. ;-)

-Dan Veditz

Grenadier

Feb 14, 1992, 1:44:30 AM2/14/92
In article <1992Feb14.0...@ultb.isc.rit.edu> pjb...@ultb.rit.edu (P.J. Boulay ) writes:
>I have a large problem with what you posted about the DS9 episodes..
>
>In one of the other ST newsgroups, a person closely associated with the
>cast working on DS9 is quoted as saying that there will "definitely not
>be any ST:NG<-->DS9 crossover."

Ummm, Pete? Re-read the article again. Those "episodes" are clearly
jokes, based on old TOS and TNG segments.

As for no TNG crossovers, it has been stated several times that Ensign
Ro and Chief O'Brien may end up on DS9 as (semi-)regulars, and that
the half season of overlap would probably allow crossovers in order
to get DS9 started.

--
"The needs of the many... -David Stumme
outweigh...the needs of the few." das...@ritvax.bitnet

gary l. schroeder

Feb 15, 1992, 1:43:00 PM2/15/92
In article <1992Feb14.0...@ultb.isc.rit.edu> das...@ultb.rit.edu (Grenadier) writes:
>In article <1992Feb14.0...@ultb.isc.rit.edu> pjb...@ultb.rit.edu (P.J. Boulay ) writes:
>>I have a large problem with what you posted about the DS9 episodes..
>>
>>In one of the other ST newsgroups, a person closely associated with the
>>cast working on DS9 is quoted as saying that there will "definitely not
>>be any ST:NG<-->DS9 crossover."
>>
>As for no TNG crossovers, it has been stated several times that Ensign
>Ro and Chief O'Brien may end up on DS9 as (semi-)regulars, and that
>the half season of overlap would probably allow crossovers in order
>to get DS9 started.

Actually Variety magazine has stated that Star Trek:Deep Space Nine has
been cancelled due to overwhelming negative responses from the readers
of rec.arts.startrek.current.

So I guess the production staff of TNG and the Trek offices really do
spend most of their spare time reading the net after all.

For the humor impaired, this is a joke.

--

Gary Schroeder | "It's all absolutely, devastatingly

eduardopac...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2020, 11:38:16 PM7/31/20
lol