Yes, it's a SURVEY! Trek RELATIONSHIPS: Take Your Pick

Mack Brand

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
to sch...@leland.stanford.edu
schlock <sch...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:

>TNG:
>[y] Picard and Crusher
>[ ] Riker and Troi
>[ ] Worf and Troi
>
>DS9:
>[y] Kira and Odo
>[y] Dax and Bashir
>[ ] Sisko and Yates
>[ ] Sisko and Dax
>[ ] Worf and Kira
>[ ] Worf and Dax
>[ ] Lwaxana and Odo
>
>Voyager:
>[ ] Janeway and Chakotay
>[ ] Janeway and Kim
>[ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay
>[ ] B'Elanna and Kim
>[ ] Kes and Neelix
>[y] Kes and The Doctor
>[ ] Kes and Paris
>
>Write-in candidates:
> Oooo, maybe Garak and Dax and/or Kira. Just for fun!
>

>Thank you in advance!
>
>P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
>those too.

Okay. Odo and Lwaxana. Definetely.

Science Disco Theatre

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
to sch...@leland.stanford.edu
You're not touching the original series? What about Kirk and Spock? I
always thought there was a glimmer of a flame between those two . . .

'HumanAnagram' D McGhee

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
On 7 Nov 1995, schlock wrote:

WRITE-INS:

Janeway and Torres
Dax and Kira

Jennifer Renee Hillger

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
schlock writes:

> All right, I've spent altogether too much time these past few weeks
> ranting about the lack of romance in Star Trek as we know it. What I
> want to know now is: if the writers were to go insane and oblige us, and
> put any and all romantic pairings together that we desire, which ones
> would you personally like to see happen?
>
> Vote for as many relationships as you like: the more the merrier, eh?
> I've tried to include as many combinations as possible, up to and
> including the ones that I personally find nauseating, but in the
> interest of fairness, they're pretty much all there.
>
> E-mail me your votes and I'll make up a tally in my copious free time
> here in college. (Yes, I spend way too much time on my computer...)
>
> schlock
>

> TNG:
> [*] Picard and Crusher
> [*] Riker and Troi
> [ ] Worf and Troi
>
> DS9:
> [*] Kira and Odo
> [*] Dax and Bashir (can I vote more than once for that one?!)

> [ ] Sisko and Yates
> [ ] Sisko and Dax
> [ ] Worf and Kira
> [ ] Worf and Dax
> [ ] Lwaxana and Odo
>
> Voyager:
> [ ] Janeway and Chakotay
> [ ] Janeway and Kim
> [ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay

> [*] B'Elanna and Kim
> [ ] Kes and Neelix
> [*] Kes and The Doctor

> [ ] Kes and Paris
>
> Write-in candidates:
>

> Thank you in advance!
>
> P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
> those too.

Worf and anyone. It never did make sense to me why he fell
for Troi. Before that, it was Klingons or no one.

-Jenni

One of these days, I'll learn to post a follow-up directly under
the original article!!

Moiner

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
>>TNG:
>>[ ] Picard and Crusher
>>[ ] Riker and Troi
>>[ ] Worf and Troi

[x] None of the above

>>DS9:
>>[ ] Kira and Odo
>>[ ] Dax and Bashir

>>[ ] Sisko and Yates
>>[ ] Sisko and Dax
>>[ ] Worf and Kira
>>[ ] Worf and Dax
>>[ ] Lwaxana and Odo

[x] None of the above

>>Voyager:
>>[ ] Janeway and Chakotay
>>[ ] Janeway and Kim
>>[ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay

>>[ ] B'Elanna and Kim
>>[ ] Kes and Neelix
>>[ ] Kes and The Doctor
>>[ ] Kes and Paris

[ ] Gilligan and Ginger?
[x] None of the above

>>Write-in candidates:
Keiko and Miles
Geordi and Ro
Data and Ishara

Garak and Bashir (obviously)

Harry Kim and Tom Paris (*very* obviously)

>>Thank you in advance!

Happy to participate!

>>P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
>>those too.
>>

> Okay. Odo and Lwaxana. Definetely.

Definitely, definitely (Why did Sisko just shrug off her sexual harassment
of Odo, when Odo reported it?)
For that matter, Lwaxanna and *anybody*...

--
Moiner

"nobody knows everything, SO use everything you know!"

Sherwin Tam

Nov 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/8/95
In article <47oq1n$l...@taco.cc.ncsu.edu>, jrhi...@c00099-100lez.eos.ncsu.edu
says...

>schlock writes:
>
>> All right, I've spent altogether too much time these past few weeks
>> ranting about the lack of romance in Star Trek as we know it. What I
>> want to know now is: if the writers were to go insane and oblige us, and
>> put any and all romantic pairings together that we desire, which ones
>> would you personally like to see happen?
>>
>> Vote for as many relationships as you like: the more the merrier, eh?
>> I've tried to include as many combinations as possible, up to and
>> including the ones that I personally find nauseating, but in the
>> interest of fairness, they're pretty much all there.
>>
>> E-mail me your votes and I'll make up a tally in my copious free time
>> here in college. (Yes, I spend way too much time on my computer...)
>>
>> schlock
>>

>> TNG:
>> [*] Picard and Crusher
>> [*] Riker and Troi
>> [ ] Worf and Troi
>>
>> DS9:
>> [*] Kira and Odo
>> [*] Dax and Bashir (can I vote more than once for that one?!)
>> [ ] Sisko and Yates
>> [ ] Sisko and Dax
>> [ ] Worf and Kira
>> [ ] Worf and Dax
>> [ ] Lwaxana and Odo
>>
>> Voyager:
>> [ ] Janeway and Chakotay
>> [ ] Janeway and Kim
>> [ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay
>> [*] B'Elanna and Kim
>> [ ] Kes and Neelix
>> [*] Kes and The Doctor
>> [ ] Kes and Paris
>>
>> Write-in candidates:
>>

>> Thank you in advance!
>>
>> P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
>> those too.
>>

>Worf and anyone. It never did make sense to me why he fell
>for Troi. Before that, it was Klingons or no one.
>
>-Jenni
>
>One of these days, I'll learn to post a follow-up directly under
>the original article!!

I'll second the votes for Dax and Bashir, B'Elanna and Kim, and Kes and the
Doctor.

Kid Snero

Nov 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/8/95
TNG:
Worf and Troi that would really be nice :-)
I don't know anything about the other ones, because we don't have these
on TV. Don't laugh...

--------------------------
dany.be was here !!!!
--------------------------

Mack Brand

Nov 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/8/95
Mack Brand <bra...@adsnet.net> wrote:

>schlock <sch...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:
>>P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
>>those too.
>>
> Okay. Odo and Lwaxana. Definetely.
And I'd like to add one more, no offence to those of you who voted for it:
Garak and Bashir.
I have nothing against homosexuality, but all I can see between these two is
friendship. Sorry.

Bevin Brand, nut, hethen, Cardassian wanna-be

michael stokes

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
Science Disco Theatre <Science...@maillink.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>You're not touching the original series? What about Kirk and Spock? I
>always thought there was a glimmer of a flame between those two . . .

A modern version of Kirk and Spock, would be Bashir and Garak.....

Christopher L. Estep

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
In article <47qb6b$r...@reeve.research.aa.wl.com>,
Laura Clift <cli...@aa.wl.com> wrote:
>schlock <sch...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:
>

>>Write-in candidates:

Several write-ins.

TNG: Data/Troi, Data/Sela (a lot could be done with this one!), or even
Picard/Crusher/Troi, Picard/Crusher/Data, Worf/Troi/Data, LaForge/Troi/Data,
Picard/Crusher/LaForge, or Riker/Troi/Worf.

DS9: Kira/Dax, Kira/Bashir, Dax/Bashir, Sisko/Dax/Bashir, Sisko/Dax/Kira,
Quark/Kira/Bashir, Quark/Dax/Sisko, Sisko/Kira/Quark, or even Kira/Dax/Bashir.

Yoyager: Kes/Kim and Kes/Doctor, along with B'Elanna/Paris, B'Elanna/Chakotay,
Chakotay/Janeway, Kes/B'Elanna, Kes/Kim/B'Elanna, or Kes/Paris/B'Elanna.

Christopher L. Estep

christop...@idsonline.com
christop...@acenet.com
(both will reach me; use either.)

Pixelated!

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
In article <47p0nj$l...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,
Jessica Krucek <allr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>In <47o60p$h...@ratty.wolfe.net> Mack Brand <bra...@adsnet.net> writes:

>>schlock <sch...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:

>>>[Y!] Riker and Troi (I have this gut feeling that Riker and Troi are
>actually together and having an open marriage ;-) )

*snort* *giggle*

>>>[ ] Worf and Troi (Are you high? NO NO NO!!!)

>>>[Y] Kira and Odo (they trust each other)

*eeeuuuuww* IMHO, this would ruin the character dynamic between the
two. Look what happened to Moonlighting.

> WORF DOES NOT BELONG ON DS9!!!!!

Yes. Absolutely. I concur wholeheartedly!. (A simple 'Yes' would suffice)

>>>[Y] Lwaxana and Odo (Why not?)

Uhhhm, because we want to keep the contents of our stomachs in place. :)

>>>Voyager:

>>>[N] Janeway and Kim
>>>[Y] B'Elanna and Kim (They are perfect for each other. She brings
>him out of his shell while he simmers her down.)

...Of the two pairings here, I like the B/K one better. I like Michael
Miller's suggestion last year that B'elanna's gruffness is a mask for
shy virginity/geekiness. Harry (having the same shy/geekiness) would make
a great pairing if written correctly. If I had much writing talent, I
would try this concept out. Sadly, I have little skill at fiction. I'm
not about to try adding smut into the mix. :)

>>>[N] Kes and Paris (He only after her because she unobtainable to him
>{and I don't think he knows that either}. He dump her like a wet rag.)
>once she became more "available".)

I disagree. Think about "Planet Hell." Tom's basically a pretty nice
guy who's been trying to explain (without coming near Neelix, which
brings comic relief into the picture) to Neelix that he's not interested
in Kes.

> Geordi/Ro

After that phased matter episode, I could see this. I could also
see Ro/Riker, after the memory loss episode. I think that pair could
be truly interesting.

> Dax in a relationship that I actually believe

I can only picture Dax with a Klingon. :)

> Kira/Bariel (Wonderful)

Well, other than the fact that they were so deep into each other it
was nearly cloying, I agree. :) I suppose it's OK to have one relationship
like that, though. Pity they killed him off.

> Classic K/S

I prefer what Kirk had to say in a footnote in the novelization of
ST:TMP. :)

> Scotty/Mira Romaine (She got his attention away from the engines
>for ten secords - a universal record which has not been broken!!!)

Urf. Which one was she--the one that got stabbed in Wolf in the Fold?

> Miles/Keiko (She needs to return to DS9 so we can see a real
>believable relationship on ST.)

Eesh. I can't think of a much more shrewish character than Keiko O'brien.
Except Stella Mudd.

Hmmmm...that brings up interesting thoughts--how about Mandala Flynn and
Harry Mudd? :)

> Let's get Sulu and Uhura signifigant others! (maybe each other?!?)

Uhura and me, maybe. :)

> Dr. Crusher/and that ghost

I agree.

> Yar/Worf (I've seen it in 'zines 8-6)

Some things are a crime against nature. Strangely, I can see Yar's
half-Romulan daughter paired with Worf.

> Kira/Bashir

Yep, that certainly qualifies as nauseating.

> Worf/Troi

Seconded.

--
Richard Cooley Extraordinaire | Linux Linux Linux | My opinions, not MIT's.
pi...@gnu.ai.mit.edu | rcoo...@dgl.ssc.mass.edu | pi...@usa1.com

Pixelated!

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
In article <47mhtm$2...@nntp.stanford.edu>,
schlock <sch...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:
>[ ] Picard and Crusher

This just leaves me cold. I mean, P/C is *soo* insipid. Mainly because
Picard is. :)

My votes?

Spock/the Romulan Commander
Spock/that blind ambassador to the creature in the box.

jx...@julian.uwo.ca

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95

: [x] Riker and Troi
> -- Oh, why not.

>: DS9:

>: [XXXXXXX] Dax and Bashir -----------YEESSSSSSS!!!!! This One!!!
> -

Jeanita

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
Jessica Krucek (allr...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: In <47tf8v$3...@newsource.ihug.co.nz> michael stokes
: <mst...@ihug.co.nz> writes:
: >

: >Science Disco Theatre <Science...@maillink.berkeley.edu> wrote:
: >>You're not touching the original series? What about Kirk and Spock?
: I
: >>always thought there was a glimmer of a flame between those two . . .

It was more than a flame, try a whole damned forest fire. Before TNG
there was so much k/s, whole conventions were dedicated to it. I'm
partial to the notion of Picard/Q myself. I think Bashir is a bit too
much of a lightweight for Garak. Joanna Russ did an essay on k/s several
years ago, and she even wrote some under a pseudonym. Are there any more
original k/s fans out there? Say hi.
Jeanita

: >>
: >>
: >A modern version of Kirk and Spock, would be Bashir and Garak.....
: >
:
:
: Actually read an "intellectual" discussion of "slash" done by two
: members of the Doctor's Exchange (Julian-junkie central). B/G is based
: on a different archetype than K/S. K?S was based on the "one white man,
: one dark man, alone in the wild" archetype. The premise behind the
: "tailorshop tango?" - "Beauty and the Beast"
:
: My boss (a slash fan since the K/S era) and I were discussing this,
: and he also brought up another factor as to the differences between K/S
: and B/G. The age difference. Julian is much younger than his Cardassian
: friend, and very innocent about his own sexuality (this was a HUGE
: discussion on the DRX list...), while ol'; Elim has "been around."
: The sparks could fly. I'd REALLY like to get my paws on some
: stories involving those two "getting together" - please mail them to me
: at:
:
: allr...@ix.netcom.com

--

Come Child, I love you 'cause you're mine.
-Nana Peazant, Daughters of the Dust

Sharon Decker

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
Chakotay/Paris

Gives a whole new meaning to "C/P" stories.
Seriously, the 2 stories I've read were great. If anyone has more
C/P (NOT Crusher/Picard) stories hidden away or in progress,
I'd love to read them.

And hi to the other old-time K/S fen out there.
Sharon

Lynne R Joyrich

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
From article <47u667$e...@news4.digex.net>, by jea...@cpcug.org (Jeanita):

> Before TNG
> there was so much k/s, whole conventions were dedicated to it. I'm
> partial to the notion of Picard/Q myself. I think Bashir is a bit too
> much of a lightweight for Garak. Joanna Russ did an essay on k/s several
> years ago, and she even wrote some under a pseudonym. Are there any more
> original k/s fans out there? Say hi.
> Jeanita

Do you know where I can find this Joanna Russ article, or even better, her
K/S stories? If anyone has these (or any other good K/S fiction),
I'd love to see them; you can e-mail me directly: ljoy...@cds.uwm.edu

Thanks!
Lynne
--
Lynne Joyrich
Department of English and Comparative Literature

rose

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
'HumanAnagram' D McGhee (demc...@u.washington.edu) wrote:

: WRITE-INS:

Yes, absolutely -- Dax and Kira. Makes me tingle just thinking about it!
--
Rose
---'---,@

Susannah Mandel

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
Jessica Krucek (allr...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

[Re: Kirk/Spock, and the similarities and differences in Garak/Bashir
slash:]

: The sparks could fly. I'd REALLY like to get my paws on some
: stories involving those two "getting together" - please mail them to me
: at:

: allr...@ix.netcom.com

May I post a quiet request for precisely the same? If any of y'all have
such tales -- either K/S or G/B -- which you're willing to e-mail out,
I'd love to see them, too.
sma...@fas.harvard.edu is my usual address. Many thanks, folks.
=)

cheers,
--;-;--@ susannah };&)
mmmmm. slash. ;)
The Devil, having nothing else to do,
Went off to tempt My Lady Poltagrue.
My Lady, tempted by a private whim,
To his extreme annoyance, tempted him.
-- Hilaire Belloc: 'On Lady Poltagrue, a Public Peril.'
Susannah R Mandel * sma...@fas.harvard.edu * (617) 493-2187
"My God!" ejaculated Phelps.

Jessica Krucek

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
Well -

We did see the light at the end of the tunnel...VERY *VERY* briefly.

Folks remember - as campy as it was - Yar seduced Data!

-Michelle

(Trekker/Duranie)

Pixel

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
While prying the lemmings from hir ankles,
al...@netcom.com (Aleph Press) wrote:

>Pixelated! (pi...@gnu.ai.mit.edu) wrote:

>Hmm. I agree with you, but for the totally opposite reason. I love
>Picard, but Crusher bores me silly.

She bores me silly too. I didn't mean it the way it came out, is all.

>: My votes?

>: Spock/the Romulan Commander
>: Spock/that blind ambassador to the creature in the box.
>

>Her name was Miranda Jones. Personally, if it's done properly (given the
>foster father aspects, it's easy to mess up) I like Spock/Saavik. I

Never seen any S/S.

>didn't include any TOS relationships because I thought they were talking
>about stuff that might happen (though given that I voted for Picard/Q and
>Garak/Bashir, neother of which will happen, I wonder why... :-))

*snicker*

--
pi...@usa1.com http://www1.usa1.com/~pixel
will code for food "An it harm none, do as thou wilt."

Thesbian

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
to allr...@ix.netcom.com
Yar is gay
-Thesbian

Jason Eudy

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
schlock (sch...@leland.stanford.edu) wrote:
: TNG:
: [ ] Picard and Crusher
: [ ] Riker and Troi
: [ ] Worf and Troi

: DS9:
: [x] Kira and Odo
: [ ] Dax and Bashir
: [ ] Sisko and Yates

: [ ] Sisko and Dax
: [ ] Worf and Kira
: [ ] Worf and Dax
: [ ] Lwaxana and Odo

: Voyager:
: [ ] Janeway and Chakotay
: [ ] Janeway and Kim
: [ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay

: [x] B'Elanna and Kim
: [ ] Kes and Neelix
: [x] Kes and The Doctor
: [ ] Kes and Paris

: Write-in candidates:

Barclay & Selar
Dukat & Yates
Paris & Neelix
Bashir & his nurse
Gul Evek & Bashir's nurse
Tomalak & Troi
Spock & Dax
Q & Trelane
Picard & Locutus
Janeway & Hugh
Guinan & Lore
Spot & Livingston
Beverly & Lutan

: Thank you in advance!

: P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
: those too.

I think I did.

Robert Seward

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
All right. Let's really do a stretch here for us TOS fans.

How about Checkov and Palmer and Riley and Uhura

Aleph Press

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
Why is it that there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering
that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?

Personally I think that old classics that are long out of print should be
published on the net. I don't want to hurt current zine publishers, but
do you realize that I heard recently about a copy of "Courts of Honor"
( *loong* out of print) going for *$80.00!!!!* That's ridiculous. Very
old classic zines should be put up on the net; I think I will approach
some editors about that..

--
First they came for the hackers. But I never did anything
illegal with my computer, so I didn't speak up.

Alara Rogers, Aleph Press

Tele 1

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
>K?S was based on the "one white man,
>one dark man, alone in the wild" archetype.

Yes... but which was which??? ;D

Hawkeye

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
As far as ST Voyager is concerned, the best characters so far are all the
women (with the notable exception of the Doctor).

Iceblade

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95

Write-in candidates:

Wesley and Kes (you've GOT to see it coming)

Moiner

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
In article <480unp$9...@monmouth.edu>, Thesbian
<s010...@hawkmail.monmouth.edu> wrote:

>Yar is gay
>-Thesbian

Evidence? Let's see--
she went for the african chieftain (confessing that she found him sexually
attractive), Data (who, though programmed for multiple pleasuring
techniques, probably did *not* come equipped with snap-on breasts nor
other accoutrements), and Castillo.
Name a female in whom she showed sexual interest, and I'll concede that
she's bi. Otherwise you're hosed...

Katherine E. Russell

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
Best (mostly write-ins)
Garak & Bashir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kira & Odo
Kes & The Doc
Data & Geordi

Most Nauseating
Sisko & Yates

--Kit!
Katherine J. Russell, a poor, unfortunate soul who has to use her
mother's modem. Please, no risque e-mail.

Tosca Teklu

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
Dax and Bashir

LIM AI PHING

Nov 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/11/95
Susannah Mandel (sma...@course2.harvard.edu) wrote:
: Jessica Krucek (allr...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: [Re: Kirk/Spock, and the similarities and differences in Garak/Bashir
: slash:]

: : The sparks could fly. I'd REALLY like to get my paws on some
: : stories involving those two "getting together" - please mail them to me
: : at:

: : allr...@ix.netcom.com

: May I post a quiet request for precisely the same? If any of y'all have
: such tales -- either K/S or G/B -- which you're willing to e-mail out,
: I'd love to see them, too.
: sma...@fas.harvard.edu is my usual address. Many thanks, folks.
: =)

:
Er, can I ditto the request as well? Or instead of emailing all of us,
perhaps, some info on the sites available? Thank you in advance.

Aiping... email eng3...@leonis.nus.sg

Ryan Andrews

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95

>TNG:
>[ ] Picard and Crusher
>[ ] Riker and Troi
>[ ] Worf and Troi

>DS9:
>[ ] Kira and Odo

>[ ] Dax and Bashir
>[ ] Sisko and Yates
>[ ] Sisko and Dax
>[ ] Worf and Kira
>[ ] Worf and Dax
>[ ] Lwaxana and Odo

>Voyager:
>[ ] Janeway and Chakotay
>[ ] Janeway and Kim
>[ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay

>[ ] B'Elanna and Kim
>[ ] Kes and Neelix
>[ ] Kes and The Doctor
>[ ] Kes and Paris

>Write-in candidates:

>Thank you in advance!

>P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
>those too.

How about Data and the Exocomps?

Sabine Reinhold

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95
allr...@ix.netcom.com (Jessica Krucek ) wrote:
>Well -
>
>We did see the light at the end of the tunnel...VERY *VERY* briefly.
>
>Folks remember - as campy as it was - Yar seduced Data!

Pity they closed the door so fast on that one .....

--
Das Nullwachstum kommt zwangslaeufig
auch vom Wachstum der Nullen.

Drakken

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95

> TNG:
> [ ] Picard and Crusher
> [ ] Riker and Troi
> [ ] Worf and Troi

Ooohh, let's see. Worf and Riker get into a fight over Deanna, and she
gets bored watching and runs off to test Data's functionality -- with
pleasurable results. Worf finishes pulping his superior officer and
finds his object of desire has gone missing, so he vents his
*displeasure* on Wesley. Wes' mom isn't in Sickbay to lecture her erring
son on the hazards of hanging around when Worf's in a violent mood (most
of the time, in other words), since she finally got smart and drugged
Picard's Earl Grey with an aphrodisiac. Imagine Picard's surprise as,
lying in bed with Beverly, he has *Beverly* come to the door of his
quarters to ask him something. As the "Beverly" beside him turns into Q,
the real Beverly enters to find the two tangled in a compromising
position. "Beverly! This... it isn't what you think!" the captain
sputters. "Jean-Luc!... I do *not* want to hear about this!" As she
leaves, Q turns to the unhappy captain. "Admit it, big guy. You *loved*
it." He blinks out, leaving a naked (and *genuine*) Riker in his place.
(I leave the ensuing discussion to the imagination of the reader.)

> DS9:
> [ ] Kira and Odo
> [ ] Dax and Bashir
> [ ] Sisko and Yates
> [ ] Sisko and Dax
> [ ] Worf and Kira
> [ ] Worf and Dax
> [ ] Lwaxana and Odo

Mmmm... Let's just have an all-round orgy.

Sisko opened his eyes slowly, and his worst fears wre realized. A naked
male Ferengi lay in bed next to him. As he ran for the bathroom, trying
not to be sick until he was safely inside, Odo materialized out of the
wall, where he had been watching the "solid games" with great interest.
"Quark," he said, running a finger along the Ferengi's ear, "I didn't
know you could do such things." Quark began to stammer, in that typical
Ferengi way. "Now, Quark," Odo says, "you wouldn't want me to have to
look *too* deeply into that Cardassian sex ring scandal."

Or, how about:

As Worf finally tells Quark what he thinks of him, in a barrage of
Klingonese and saliva, Quark says, "Why Worf, you know I love it when you
talk dirty to me." Worf lifts the Ferengi by the ears, snarling,
"Listen, Ferengi. Say that again and your ears will not be all I
remove!" Quark's response: "Oooohh, baby, hurt me!"

{Have to admit, the DS9 parts aren't mine; they were Goddess-inspired.}

> Voyager:
> [ ] Janeway and Chakotay
> [ ] Janeway and Kim
> [ ] B'Elanna and Chakotay
> [ ] B'Elanna and Kim
> [ ] Kes and Neelix
> [ ] Kes and The Doctor
> [ ] Kes and Paris

Sorry, don't watch Voyager often enough to have any idea.

FyrDrakken

pro...@hal-pc.org

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95

Scale 1 to 10: 10 equals best, 1 equals worst
>TNG:
>[4] Picard and Crusher just doesn't quite work for me
>[2] Riker and Troi OLD news
>[3] Worf and Troi Not much chemistry
>
>DS9:
>[8] Kira and Odo they have a good foundation for a relationship
>[8] Dax and Bashir 1 of my favorites
>[8] Sisko and Yates I'd like Jake to get a step-mother and Yates is perfect
>[1] Sisko and Dax He still thinks of Dax as the "Old Man"
>[2] Worf and Kira Are you kidding? they would KILL one another
>[2] Worf and Dax Worf and anyone BLECH!
>[10] Lwaxana and Odo I think they would make a cute couple and besides I feel sorry for Lwaxanna after"Fantisation"
>
>Voyager:
>[3] Janeway and Chakotay They have to set an example for the rest of the crew
>[1] Janeway and Kim Janeway could be Kim's mother
>[4] B'Elanna and Chakotay If it didn't happen in the Marcis(Sorry can't spell) it ain't happening
>[7] B'Elanna and Kim They would make a cute couple. Kim should dump Libby or Lilly (oh what's her name back on earth).
>[10] Kes and Neelix They are perfect. I mean can you honestyly look at this couple and think NO?
>[0] Kes and The Doctor This one is off the scale. It SUCKS. Need I say more.
>[2] Kes and Paris Blech no don't like it. Can you blame me?

>Write-in candidates:

Bashir and Melora

>Thank you in advance!
>
>P.S. If you'd like to vote for most nauseating relationships I'll count
>>those too.

I think I did! Look at write in canidates.

Wayne S Garmil

Nov 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/13/95
In article <480unp$9...@monmouth.edu>,
Thesbian <s010...@hawkmail.monmouth.edu> wrote:
>Yar is gay

When was that established? Or is this just suspicion on your part?
I'm curious to know where you got that idea from as I don't remember
seeing that fact mentioned in any of the Yar episodes.

Wayne

--
_ __ _ __ Who wants to live forever
' ) / // / / ) / If true love has to die?

Jessica Krucek

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95

>>Yar is gay
>
>When was that established? Or is this just suspicion on your part?
>I'm curious to know where you got that idea from as I don't remember
>seeing that fact mentioned in any of the Yar episodes.
>
>Wayne

I agree. Where WAS this established? Certainly not in the episodes!
SHE seduced a "fully functional" Mr. Right. (See movie: Making Mr.
Right).

- J&M Krucek

Jeanita

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
Lynne R Joyrich (ljoy...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu) wrote:
: From article <47u667$e...@news4.digex.net>, by jea...@cpcug.org (Jeanita):

: > Before TNG
: > there was so much k/s, whole conventions were dedicated to it. I'm
: > partial to the notion of Picard/Q myself. I think Bashir is a bit too
: > much of a lightweight for Garak. Joanna Russ did an essay on k/s several
: > years ago, and she even wrote some under a pseudonym. Are there any more
: > original k/s fans out there? Say hi.
: > Jeanita
: >
:
: Do you know where I can find this Joanna Russ article, or even better, her
: K/S stories? If anyone has these (or any other good K/S fiction),
: I'd love to see them; you can e-mail me directly: ljoy...@cds.uwm.edu

Well, here's the deal. I first have to pull my foot out of my mouth and
say I *believe* Joanna Russ wrote the story called The Matchmaker in
T'hy'la 5, a zine that came out in '85, so I have no idea whether it's
still available. The reason I believe she wrote it is because the story
develops the minor characters much more smoothly that most amateur
writers are capable of doing, and the plot flows along almost
effortlessly. I believe I recognize Russ's compassionate-yet-amused
take on the characters from a work of hers I read much earlier in life
called "The Female Man". I may very well be wrong, so apologies to Janet
Alex if she really exists, and to Joanna Russ if I've confused her with
someone else.

That said. Her essay, "Another Addict Raves about K/S" is in Nome 8, an
old zine that you may have a hard time getting hold of, but it's also
available in a collection of essays she put out some time ago. Check
your local feminist bookstore. Unfortunately, all my K/S is in print
media and I don't have a scanner, or the author's permission to upload
works that aren't my own. If there are any local cons in Wisconsin you
may be able to find some there.

Jeanita

Jeanita

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
Aleph Press (al...@netcom.com) wrote:
: Why is it that there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering
: that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?

Funny you should ask. I was just talking about this the other day.
Zines were around *long* before there was such a thing as the internet,
but the net got hot around the same time as TNG came on the air. It was
a natural fit, so to speak. Zines being print media, I think the old
crowd was used to doing things the old way, and have kept the copy
machines running because that's the way they've always done things. The
old crowd was all K/Sers, so K/S got left behind since nobody on the net
knew about it to talk or write about it. At any rate, that's my theory.

:
: Personally I think that old classics that are long out of print should be
: published on the net.

The interesting thing about the net is that it is a great deal more
anarchistic than the well-established world of zine publishing. People
who are used to having control over their product may balk at having
it available to all and sundry without their control. Remember the big
Jason controversy of a few months back? Considering the work that goes
into putting out a quality zine, I can imagine most zine eds would be
horrified by the notion of some guy or gal taking the product of their
loving efforts and making a fast buck off of it.

I don't want to hurt current zine publishers, but
: do you realize that I heard recently about a copy of "Courts of Honor"
: ( *loong* out of print) going for *$80.00!!!!* That's ridiculous. Very
: old classic zines should be put up on the net; I think I will approach
: some editors about that..

Believe it or not, $80 barely keeps up with inflation. I would be
curious to know how the editors of those classic zines respond to your
proposal. I for one would love to have those old k/s stories available
to download. My collection of zines is rather modest, and there's *so
much* good stuff out there. Leslie Fish, Vivian Gates, Beverly
Sutherland (who is god, btw), Syn Ferguson, Della van Hise (sp?) Flora
Poste, Ray Newton, Gayle Feyrer (my god, the artwork...); the list goes
on and on and on. If even half those ladies could be persuaded to put
their work on the net I'd have to quit my job and download all day.
Here's hoping.

drs...@ni.cba.csuohio.edu

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
Wayne S Garmil (wga...@world.std.com) wrote:
: In article <480unp$9...@monmouth.edu>,
: Thesbian <s010...@hawkmail.monmouth.edu> wrote:
: >Yar is gay

: When was that established? Or is this just suspicion on your part?
: I'm curious to know where you got that idea from as I don't remember
: seeing that fact mentioned in any of the Yar episodes.

Actually it seems more like he was stating his dislike for the
character.. *I* sure haven't noticed any episodes that showed Yar
involved with females..

Bob (KrackerJack) Smith

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
drs...@ni.cba.csuohio.edu ( ) wrote:

DSN has three gay chicks TNG 0 non zipo
DSN's
1 Kyira Other universe (she kissed huged and hit on a woman)
2 Dax
3 Dax's "Friend"

TNG
Kinda of Doctor Crusher (figures for Dax like PPL)

____________________________________________________,
Jonny Anonymous says "SPA are a bunch of !@#$heads."|
---------------------------------------------------/

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Nov 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/14/95
In article <47ut3l$1...@cloner2.ix.netcom.com>, allr...@ix.netcom.com (Jessica Krucek ) writes:
> Well -
>
> We did see the light at the end of the tunnel...VERY *VERY* briefly.
>
> Folks remember - as campy as it was - Yar seduced Data!
>

> -Michelle
>
> (Trekker/Duranie)

Seduced Data? He was just doing what she asked him to. To him it would have
not been any differnt if she asked him to clean her room.

KT

Lewis M. Brooks, III

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
> : Write-in candidates:
> Spot & Livingston

Now that would be interesting.

Lewis

Evelyn C. Leeper

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
In article <47mhtm$2...@nntp.stanford.edu>,
schlock <sch...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:
> All right, I've spent altogether too much time these past few weeks
> ranting about the lack of romance in Star Trek as we know it. What I
> want to know now is: if the writers were to go insane and oblige us, and
> put any and all romantic pairings together that we desire, which ones
> would you personally like to see happen?
>
> Vote for as many relationships as you like: the more the merrier, eh?
> I've tried to include as many combinations as possible, up to and
> including the ones that I personally find nauseating, but in the
> interest of fairness, they're pretty much all there.

Except for any gay or lesbian relationships whatsoever. Sad, I thought
the students at Stanford had more imagination than this....
--
Evelyn C. Leeper | +1 908 957 2070 | Evelyn...@att.com
"Why are women reading romances presumed to be any more

Florence Shirakawa

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
As much as I loved ST:NG and cannot stand DS9,

my choice would be Kira and Odo ...

For some oddball of a reason, I would love those two to ...

JanetP2470

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
Subject: Re: Yes, it's a SURVEY! Trek RELATIONSHIPS: Take Your Pick
From: sl...@cc.usu.edu
Date: 9 Nov 95 20:03:15 MDT

In article <1995Nov8.203234.1@stosc>, ke...@stsci.edu (I never met a
chocolate I didn't like) writes:

> Lwaxana and the Grand Nagus!

YES! Lwaxana and the Grand Nagus

Now that would be a match

Chris Hatwood

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
In <48925l$j...@news4.digex.net> jea...@cpcug.org (Jeanita) writes:

>Aleph Press (al...@netcom.com) wrote:
Why is it that there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering
>: that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?
>>Funny you should ask. I was just talking about this the other day.
>Zines were around *long* before there was such a thing as the
internet, >
>old crowd was all K/Sers, so K/S got left behind.
>Believe it or not, $80 barely keeps up with inflation. I would be
>curious to know how the editors of those classic zines respond to your
>proposal. I for one would love to have those old k/s stories
available. My collection of zines is rather modest, and there's *so

>much* good stuff out there. Leslie Fish, Vivian Gates, Beverly
>Sutherland (who is god, btw), Syn Ferguson, Della van Hise (sp?) Flora
>Poste, Ray Newton, Gayle Feyrer (my god, the artwork...); the list
goes on: -

I have many of those original Fanzines and will let them go for the
right price. I had "Courts of Honor" but let it go for $65.00. I
should have held out for more :) (smile). I'm including my Fanzine list
with this posting. If you're interested E-mail chr...@ix.netcom.com

HERE IS MY LIST OF TOS FANZINES. ADULT, K/S & PG ARE COMBINED ON SAME
LIST.
MANY ARE OUT OF PRINT. I ALSO HAVE (1) EACH STAR TREK PAPERBACK
NOVELS.
POCKETBOOK & BANTAM. I CAN LET THEM GO FOR $4.00 EACH. THESE ARE
ORIGINAL
COVERS.
FIRST, SECOND & THIRD PRINTINGS. POSTAGE IS NOT INCLUDED IN BID.
LOWEST BID I CAN ACCEPT FOR ANY FANZINE IS $12.00. POSTAGE NOT
INCLUDED.
ALL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. MANY IN THIS COLLECTION ARE VALUED AT
$40.00 -
$60.00.
MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE!!!
PLEASE E-MAIL TO: chr...@ix.netcom.com.
-CHRISTA-

ACCUMULATED LEAVE 1
ALIEN BROTHERS 1
AMAZING GRACE
AS I DO THEE 1-7,9,10
BEFORE THE GLORY
BERENGARIA
BEYOND ANTARES
BEYOND THE FARTHEST STAR
BROKEN IMAGE
CHARISMA 1-3,5,6
CHOICES
COMMAND DECISION
COMPANION 3
COMPLEAT FAULWELL LANDING 6, VOL 1 & 2
CONSORT 2
COURTS OF HONOR /sold
CROSSROADS
DARING ATTEMPT 3,7,8
DELTA TRIAD 5
DESTINY'S CHILDREN
DON'T TELL IT TO THE CAPTAIN
DREAMS OF THE SLEEPERS
EDGE OF TOMMORROW 2
ENTERPRISE INCIDENTS 4,8,11,12
ENTERPRISE REPRISE
EPILOG 1 & 2
FALLEN STAR
FINAL FRONTIER 1
FIRST TIME 1,6,7,13,3,16
FORMAZINE 1
FULL MOON RISING /sold
GALACTIC DISCOURSE 1-5
ICE FIRE
IN TRIPLICATE
INFINITE DIVERSITY 5
INTERLUDE
IT TAKES TIME ON IMPULSE
K/S COLLECTED /sold
K/S RELAY /on hold
KRAITH VOL 1 /sold
KSX
LIFE STAR
LIKELY IMPOSSIBILITIES 2
MASIFORM D 13,14,15

MATTER/ANTIMATTER 1,2,3/4 /all sold
MIND MELD 1-5
NAKED TIMES 1-5, 7,8 10,11,15,16
NECROPOLIS
NIGHT OF THE TWIN MOONS 1,2 /sold
NOME 8,9,11
NOR NO MAN EVER LOVED
NOT TONIGHT SPOCK VOL 1/#1
OBSCINE 2
OBSESSION 1-3
OFF DUTY
ONE NIGHT STAND 2
ORION 27
PASSAGES
PROCESSIONAL
PROGRESSIONS
QUARTET PLUS TWO
R & R 20-22
REVENGE OF THE WIND RIDER
SAHAJ COLLECTED
SAREK COLLECTION
SHADES OF GRAY 1,2
SPOCK ENSLAVED
SPOCKANALIA 1-5 /all sold
STAR TREK CONCORDANCE
STAR TREK MEDICAL LOG
STELLAR GAS
THE ALTERNATIVE WARP
INTERVIEWS
THE BEST OF PON FARR 3
THE COMPLETE RACK
THE DISPLACED
THE HIVE
THE OTHER SIDE OF PARADISE (ELDER BROTHER) 7
THE PERFECT OBJECT
THE PRICE AND THE PRIZE
THE SOUND OF RAIN
THE VOICE 2
THE WEIGHT COLLECTED
THYLA 1-3,5,6,8
TIME SHIFT
TOO NEAR TO TOMMORROW
TREXINDEX VOL 1
TRICK OR TREAT
VAULT OF TOMMORROW 7,9,10
WARPED SPACE 20,26/27,28,29/30
WHALE SONG 1,2

Kevin & Beth Meenaghan

Nov 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/17/95
In article
<Pine.SUN.3.91.951113...@goofy.cc.utexas.edu>,
dra...@goofy.cc.utexas.edu says...

Where am I? startrek.creative or startrek.sex.fetish?

Aleph Press

Nov 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/19/95
Kevin & Beth Meenaghan (mee...@exis.net) wrote:

: Where am I? startrek.creative or startrek.sex.fetish?

Both. Check the headers. This is being crossposted various places.

lanshark

Nov 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/20/95
Jeanita (jea...@cpcug.org) wrote:
: Aleph Press (al...@netcom.com) wrote:
: : Why is it that there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering
: : that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?

: Funny you should ask. I was just talking about this the other day.
: Zines were around *long* before there was such a thing as the internet,

: but the net got hot around the same time as TNG came on the air. It was

: a natural fit, so to speak. Zines being print media, I think the old
: crowd was used to doing things the old way, and have kept the copy
: machines running because that's the way they've always done things. The

: old crowd was all K/Sers, so K/S got left behind since nobody on the net

: knew about it to talk or write about it. At any rate, that's my theory.

Perhaps it's because many of the new fans out there are primarily ST:TNG and
DS9 fans, so there are quite a number of newcomers to Star Trek that aren't
getting into the original series. This would explain why there is almost no
new K/S appearing on the net. The older K/S fandom is probably not
quite as computer literate and are primarily involved with fanfic in
it's hardcopy version, the printed zine. There certainly is no shortage of
slash stories with ST:TNG, DS9 or Voyager characters on the net. Could the
K/S fans be mostly on private mailing lists rather than on the rather
scary and anarchic world of Usenet?

: : Personally I think that old classics that are long out of print should be
: : published on the net.

: The interesting thing about the net is that it is a great deal more
: anarchistic than the well-established world of zine publishing. People
: who are used to having control over their product may balk at having
: it available to all and sundry without their control. Remember the big
: Jason controversy of a few months back? Considering the work that goes
: into putting out a quality zine, I can imagine most zine eds would be
: horrified by the notion of some guy or gal taking the product of their
: loving efforts and making a fast buck off of it.

Yes, I think there's a lot of hesitance to publish on the net. This is
certainly true of B7 fanfic. While many of these folks have email capability
and some actively participate on Usenet, most Blake's 7 fanzine publishers
and writers would rather not publish on the net (Whether the dangers of
pirating via the Internet are real or perceived, I think you are absolutely
right that fanzine publishers and writers don't want to lose control over
their material).

: Believe it or not, $80 barely keeps up with inflation. I would be

: curious to know how the editors of those classic zines respond to your
: proposal. I for one would love to have those old k/s stories available

: to download. My collection of zines is rather modest, and there's *so

: much* good stuff out there. Leslie Fish, Vivian Gates, Beverly
: Sutherland (who is god, btw), Syn Ferguson, Della van Hise (sp?) Flora
: Poste, Ray Newton, Gayle Feyrer (my god, the artwork...); the list goes

: on and on and on. If even half those ladies could be persuaded to put

: their work on the net I'd have to quit my job and download all day.
: Here's hoping.

Agreed on Gayle's artwork. I've not seen her Trek stuff, but she did one
of my all time favorite Avon's (sorry, my B7 refs keep intruding into
this post).

Strangely enough, I've never been able to get into K/S (which really
puzzles me, because it's so hugely popular). It's certainly not
because I object to slash, I like a lot of ST:TNG and DS9 slash and
slash from other media shows.

To those of you who have asked for Garak/Bashir stories, you might
try the following anonymous FTP site:

ftp to ftp.healer.com, then cd to /pub/misc/startrek/adult. There is an
FAQ and an index file that you will want to download (00index.txt) which
has a short description of each story. I did notice that the 00index.txt
file appears to be incomplete. The majority of the file is missing.
I'll send email to the site maintainer.

--lanshark

v8...@unbsj.ca

Nov 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/21/95
In article <1995Nov14.0...@cc.usu.edu> sl...@cc.usu.edu writes:
>From: sl...@cc.usu.edu
>Subject: Re: women in Trek
>Date: 14 Nov 95 08:48:26 MDT

>KT

Even for Data; it must have been a wee bit different.

ERIN NHAMINERVA

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
Jim Benton (jimb...@chelsea.ios.com) wrote:
: Chester (Che...@view.com) wrote:
: : In article <DHzsC...@world.std.com>, wga...@world.std.com (Wayne S
: : Garmil) wrote:

: : > In article <480unp$9...@monmouth.edu>,
: : > Thesbian <s010...@hawkmail.monmouth.edu> wrote:
: : > >Yar is gay

: : >
: : Yar is as gay as is your mother. She slept with Data or did your small brain
: : overlook that fact.

: As someone whose mother was predominantly gay, I'm not sure how I shoould
: take that.

: Jim Benton
: (It happens to be one of the things that was best about her, the
: twenty-year relationship she had with her female lover.)

Lori A Mcallester

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Bob wrote:

> >>Now that would be interesting.
>
> >>Lewis
>

> > Livingston? Sorry, doesn't ring a bell. I'm assuming he's a cat (did the
> >father of Spots' kittens ever get named; that might be cute).
>

> I think he means David Livingston and he is one of the be-hind the
> sences guys

If memory serves, Livingston was the name of the fish in Picard's ready room.

Lori Ann McAllester
lmca...@U.Arizona.EDU
http://u.arizona.edu/~lmcalles (very much under construction)
"...I've got scratches all over my arms--one for each day since I fell
apart..." ("Footsteps")

Jim Benton

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
These messages have been crossposted to alt.sex.fetish.startrek which
should have some of them. Also, many erotic startrek stories are
archived at the "louvre," but I don't have the address handy.

LIM AI PHING (eng3...@leonis.nus.sg) wrote:

: Susannah Mandel (sma...@course2.harvard.edu) wrote:
: : Jessica Krucek (allr...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: : [Re: Kirk/Spock, and the similarities and differences in Garak/Bashir
: : slash:]

: : : The sparks could fly. I'd REALLY like to get my paws on some
: : : stories involving those two "getting together" - please mail them to me
: : : at:

: : : allr...@ix.netcom.com

: : May I post a quiet request for precisely the same? If any of y'all have
: : such tales -- either K/S or G/B -- which you're willing to e-mail out,

: : I'd love to see them, too.

Jim Benton

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95

Aleph Press

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95

: : Garmil) wrote:

: : > In article <480unp$9...@monmouth.edu>,
: : > Thesbian <s010...@hawkmail.monmouth.edu> wrote:
: : > >Yar is gay
: : >
: : Yar is as gay as is your mother. She slept with Data or did your small brain
: : overlook that fact.

: As someone whose mother was predominantly gay, I'm not sure how I shoould
: take that.

Take it as a response to Thesbian, whose mother (presumably) was not gay.
The "your mother" didn't have to refer to all our mothers.

Moiner

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
In article <4904vm$p...@news.unicomp.net>, lboy...@anon.penet.fi (Bob) wrote:

>>>Now that would be interesting.
>
>>>Lewis
>
>> Livingston? Sorry, doesn't ring a bell. I'm assuming he's a cat
(did the
>>father of Spots' kittens ever get named; that might be cute).
>

>I think he means David Livingston and he is one of the be-hind the
>sences guys

Nope. Livingston is Picard's fish (no, not Beverly, the real
gill-breathing fish!) (no, not Devolving Deanna, the one in the aquarium
in Picard's office!)-- lore has it that when the $h!t hits the fan, Picard
goes to his room to ask Livingston what to do about it.
Corroborating evidence: When Riker devolves into the troglodytic
monkey-boy, he is found by Data and Picard in Picard's room, bashing his
head vainly against the aquarium glass. (Those that listen *very*
carefully may hear him moaning in a voice reminiscent of Monty Python's
Gumbies: "Livingston! Livingston! Wha' do I do now, Livingston!")
;-)

--
Moiner

"nobody knows everything, SO use everything you know!"

Bob

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95

Timo S Saloniemi

Nov 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/23/95
In article <4904vm$p...@news.unicomp.net> lboy...@anon.penet.fi (Bob) writes:

>>>Now that would be interesting.

>>Livingston? Sorry, doesn't ring a bell. I'm assuming he's a cat (did the
>>father of Spots' kittens ever get named; that might be cute).

>I think he means David Livingston and he is one of the behind the
>sences guys

Actually, he means the other Livingston, namely capt. Picard's fish
kept in the ready room aquarium. Given Trek's reputation of curious
pairings, I wouldn't wonder a bit if it *were* the father of Spot's
kittens... Remember, somewhere in Spot's family there is an
iguana, as witnessed in "Genesis", so why not a fish? The actual
act of copulation might be a bit difficult to visualize, given Spot's
dislike of H2O and fondness of aquatic snacks, but love will find
a way...

A simple predator-prey relationship would be stereotypical and
demeaning, unless handled very, very carefully.

Timo Saloniemi
.sigless and proud of it!

Pixelated!

Nov 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/24/95
In article <48v4of$m...@news2.ios.com>,

Jim Benton <jimb...@chelsea.ios.com> wrote:
>These messages have been crossposted to alt.sex.fetish.startrek which
>should have some of them. Also, many erotic startrek stories are
>archived at the "louvre," but I don't have the address handy.

send email to lou...@dido.fa.indiana.edu. I believe they have 5000+ stories
archived (including Trek, which is only one of the areas they serve).
I don't remember exactly how to use it; I'd send mail with HELP in the
subject line and no body. If that fails, try putting HELP in the body
with no subject. :)
--
Richard Cooley Extraordinaire | Linux Linux Linux | My opinions, not MIT's.
pi...@gnu.ai.mit.edu | rcoo...@dgl.ssc.mass.edu | pi...@usa1.com
Daisemi'in rhhaensuriuu meillunsiateve rh'e Mnhei'sahe yie ahr'en:
Mnahe afw'ein qiuu; rh'e hweithnaef mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu.

Bob KrackerJack

Nov 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/24/95
Lori A Mcallester <lmca...@U.Arizona.EDU> wrote:

>If memory serves, Livingston was the name of the fish in Picard's ready >room.

if it is they named him after David and where and what episode did
they say his name was Livingston???

Karmin Stjean

Nov 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/24/95
BO>I think he means David Livingston and he is one of the be-hind the
BO>sences guys

He means Picard's fish!
You know, the one Picard hasn't FED in about six years... or did he feed
him to Spot? No, Q mentioned the fish in ATG.

* SLMR 2.1a * "I suppose you're worried about your fish, too." -Q (AGT)

LIEBOWL

Nov 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/25/95
OLD GENERATION BEST

Kirk & Edith Keeler
Kirk & Miramanee
Kirk, Spock and McCoy
Sulu and Uhura
Janice Rand and Uhura

WORST

Spock and Christine Chapel
Kirk and any bimbo

NEXT GENERATION BEST

Worf and Deanna
Ro & Riker
Data & Geordi
Worf and Riker
Troi and both Rikers
Picard and Vash
Picard and Beverly
Picard and Wesley
Picard and Guinan
Guinan and Ro

WORST:

Ro and Troi
Worf and Alexander(actually not that bad)
Beverly and Wesley

BEST DEEP SPACE NINE

Dax and Sisko
Sisko and (original) Jennifer
Sisko and Jake
Odo and Quark
Odo and Lwaxana
Quark and Natima
Bashir and Melora
Bashir and Dax
O'Brien and Keiko(most realistic)
Kira and Bareil(why has no one mentioned this?)
Jake and Marva(Dabo girl)
O'Brien and Bashir
Dax and Kira
Odo and Kira

WORST:

Quark and Pel
Quark and Rom
Sisko and Odo

BEST ON VOYAGER

Kes-Neelix
Paris-Neelix
Janeway-Chakotay
Janeway-Tuvok
Paris-Kim
Janeway-B'Elanna
Doctor-Kes

WORST:

Paris and anyone else
The Doctor and anyone else
Janeway-Neelix

Pixel_Cat...,

Nov 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/25/95
In article <48ino9$m...@grouper.Exis.Net>,

Kevin & Beth Meenaghan <mee...@exis.net> wrote:
>Where am I? startrek.creative or startrek.sex.fetish?

Let me put it this way:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,rec.arts.startrek.misc,rec.arts.startrek.fandom,alt.sex.fetish.startrek,alt.startrek.creative

You're in both. :)

*always* check the Newsgroups: line.

Virginia Boehm

Nov 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/25/95
A lot of stuff edited out of the growing thread... : Why is it that

there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering
>> : : that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?

The

>> : old crowd was all K/Sers, so K/S got left behind since nobody on
the net
>> : knew about it to talk or write about it. At any rate, that's my
theory.

>This is my suspicion as well.

Hey - some of us "old crowd" people who've been trek fans close to 30
years now are here and quite comfortable on the net. Give us a break,
ok. :-)

Actually, the fact is that people just don't seem to be writing k/s any
more. There are just so many stories that can be written about any
topic.

>> : : Personally I think that old classics that are long out of print
should be
>> : : published on the net.

I'd love to see this too. Some of the really classic zines have gone
through 6 or 8 or more printings, but nothing I have is a printing more
recent than about 1987. If the authors can be located and agree, it
would be great if someone could set up a web site for classic zines.
Having a web site would enable the artwork to be scanned in as well
(and some of the k/s artwork is, well, fasinating :-) )

People
>> : who are used to having control over their product may balk at
having
>> : it available to all and sundry without their control. Remember
the big
>> : Jason controversy of a few months back? Considering the work that
goes
>> : into putting out a quality zine, I can imagine most zine eds would
be
>> : horrified by the notion of some guy or gal taking the product of
their
>> : loving efforts and making a fast buck off of it.

You've got that right. Randy, who controls the various contemporary
zines published by Orion Press was less than thrilled when I suggested
he make his stuff available at a web site to reach a much larger
audience. People who publish fanzines on a regular basis walk a very
fine line between fandom and Paramount, and can keep up their technical
copyright violations only so long as Paramount is convinced that nobody
is making money out of fanzines.

The same goes for us here. The Jasons of the world could create huge
problems for us all.

>No-- zines are non-profit items. Therefore, a fair price for any zine
is
>"how much would it cost to print one today?"

Not entirely - classic zines, original issues anyway, are Trek
collectables and a fair price is whatever people are willing to pay.
However, publication on the net would not detract from the value of the
original printed zine, but reprints would become pretty worthless. The
editor/publisher as well as the authors would have to determine if the
zine in its printed form has reached the break-even point, and decide
if its time for it to go on the net.

>> Strangely enough, I've never been able to get into K/S (which really
>> puzzles me, because it's so hugely popular). It's certainly not
>> because I object to slash, I like a lot of ST:TNG and DS9 slash and
>> slash from other media shows.
>

>I don't like K/S either. I just don't see it.

60's. Take a closer look in that context. :-)

Gini

al...@mhv.net

Nov 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/25/95
Somehow I (alara, aka Aleph Press) totally missed this on asfs, so let me
respond to both lanshark and Jeanita.

lanshark (lans...@scf.nmsu.edu) wrote:
> Jeanita (jea...@cpcug.org) wrote:
> : Aleph Press (al...@netcom.com) wrote:

> : : Why is it that there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering

> : : that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?

> : Funny you should ask. I was just talking about this the other day.

> : Zines were around *long* before there was such a thing as the internet,
> : but the net got hot around the same time as TNG came on the air. It was
> : a natural fit, so to speak. Zines being print media, I think the old
> : crowd was used to doing things the old way, and have kept the copy

> : machines running because that's the way they've always done things. The

> : old crowd was all K/Sers, so K/S got left behind since nobody on the net
> : knew about it to talk or write about it. At any rate, that's my theory.

This is my suspicion as well.

> Perhaps it's because many of the new fans out there are primarily ST:TNG and

> DS9 fans, so there are quite a number of newcomers to Star Trek that aren't
> getting into the original series. This would explain why there is almost no
> new K/S appearing on the net. The older K/S fandom is probably not
> quite as computer literate and are primarily involved with fanfic in
> it's hardcopy version, the printed zine. There certainly is no shortage of
> slash stories with ST:TNG, DS9 or Voyager characters on the net. Could the
> K/S fans be mostly on private mailing lists rather than on the rather
> scary and anarchic world of Usenet?

They might be, but one would think they'd drop us pointers. I would
suspect they're just not here at all.

> : : Personally I think that old classics that are long out of print should be
> : : published on the net.

> : The interesting thing about the net is that it is a great deal more
> : anarchistic than the well-established world of zine publishing. People

> : who are used to having control over their product may balk at having
> : it available to all and sundry without their control. Remember the big
> : Jason controversy of a few months back? Considering the work that goes
> : into putting out a quality zine, I can imagine most zine eds would be
> : horrified by the notion of some guy or gal taking the product of their
> : loving efforts and making a fast buck off of it.

This is true. But then, there's nothing to stop zine pirates from
xeroxing the product of their loving efforts and making a fast buck off
it, either. The more widely you publicize the free version, the harder it
will be for the costly version (ie, the pirated version) to circulate.

Pirates cannot produce *more* cheaply than the fanzine publishers, since
the fanzine publishers are looking to break even and the pirates are
looking to make a profit. Unless you're crossing national borders (it
might be profitable to pirate UK zines in the US for a lesser price than
the original) the pirate *must* charge more. Therefore the solution is to
publicize one's own version as widely as possible, not to try to restrict
it. Restriction falls into the pirates' hands. What is a better
incentive to piracy than the zine being out of print or unavailable?

> Yes, I think there's a lot of hesitance to publish on the net. This is
> certainly true of B7 fanfic. While many of these folks have email capability
> and some actively participate on Usenet, most Blake's 7 fanzine publishers
> and writers would rather not publish on the net (Whether the dangers of
> pirating via the Internet are real or perceived, I think you are absolutely
> right that fanzine publishers and writers don't want to lose control over
> their material).

This is depressing. I have searched long and hard for B7 fiction on the
net. I don't understand the control issue-- well, actually I do; as a
desktop publisher, I want my zines to look nice. I want diacritical marks
and pretty fonts. But if that's going to cost someone $15, and if they
could get it for free otherwise, what way am I going to reach the largest
audience?

And again, they already lost control over their material. All it takes is
one guy with a copy of the zine and a xerox machine. It's no easier to
pirate off the net than it is to pirate the zines themselves, since the
pirate would have to go to all the trouble of typesetting and stuff.

> : Believe it or not, $80 barely keeps up with inflation.

No-- zines are non-profit items. Therefore, a fair price for any zine is
"how much would it cost to print one today?" Unless the zine is 800
pages, it is not worth $80.

I would be
> : curious to know how the editors of those classic zines respond to your
> : proposal. I for one would love to have those old k/s stories available
> : to download. My collection of zines is rather modest, and there's *so
> : much* good stuff out there. Leslie Fish, Vivian Gates, Beverly
> : Sutherland (who is god, btw), Syn Ferguson, Della van Hise (sp?) Flora
> : Poste, Ray Newton, Gayle Feyrer (my god, the artwork...); the list goes
> : on and on and on. If even half those ladies could be persuaded to put
> : their work on the net I'd have to quit my job and download all day.
> : Here's hoping.

> Agreed on Gayle's artwork. I've not seen her Trek stuff, but she did one
> of my all time favorite Avon's (sorry, my B7 refs keep intruding into
> this post).

I don't know from art. Due to bandwidth considerations, I hadn't even
seriously considered trying to put the art on the net; there are some
things that are still better to pay for on paper. But I really am
planning to write these people and try to talk them into net-publishing.
Probably I should publish my zines first, though, so they don't think I'm
some smoothie trying to talk them into something unethical for a buck.

> Strangely enough, I've never been able to get into K/S (which really
> puzzles me, because it's so hugely popular). It's certainly not
> because I object to slash, I like a lot of ST:TNG and DS9 slash and
> slash from other media shows.

I don't like K/S either. I just don't see it. I see a deep, close, warm
friendship, but no sexual tension-- for one thing, Kirk doens't appear to
link sex and love very closely in his head, and Spock probably links sex
to procreation and mindmelds for pleasure and companionship. But then, I
can't really buy Avon/Vila, either, or the sort of Blake/Avon where they
behave like newlyweds. And I read this stuff anyway. :-)

> To those of you who have asked for Garak/Bashir stories, you might
> try the following anonymous FTP site:

> ftp to ftp.healer.com, then cd to /pub/misc/startrek/adult. There is an
> FAQ and an index file that you will want to download (00index.txt) which
> has a short description of each story. I did notice that the 00index.txt
> file appears to be incomplete. The majority of the file is missing.
> I'll send email to the site maintainer.

You did-- I am. I have to check it out-- you're the third person to
to it... maybe it became corrupted?

--
Alara Rogers
al...@netcom.com

Roger MS4

Nov 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/25/95
yar might not be gay, but denise corsby is.

Pixel_Cat...,

Nov 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/26/95
In article <4977rr$h...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,

Virginia Boehm <gi...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Hey - some of us "old crowd" people who've been trek fans close to 30
>years now are here and quite comfortable on the net. Give us a break,
>ok. :-)

Yes, but you (you personally) rarely post except to say that you're a
longtime fanfic writer. How about putting some K/S slash up for us (relative)
newbies, who've only been fans for 15 years or so (by virtue of being too
young to have seen the first few syndicated runs of TOS!)

:)

Ann Teitelbaum

Nov 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/26/95
gi...@ix.netcom.com (Virginia Boehm) wrote:
>A lot of stuff edited out of the growing thread... : Why is it that

>there is so little K/S on the net, anyway, considering
>>> : : that the genre is the granddaddy of fanfic erotica?
>
> The
>>> : old crowd was all K/Sers, so K/S got left behind since nobody on
>the net
>>> : knew about it to talk or write about it. At any rate, that's my
>theory.

>>This is my suspicion as well.
>>

>Hey - some of us "old crowd" people who've been trek fans close to 30
>years now are here and quite comfortable on the net. Give us a break,
>ok. :-)

I was wondering if anyone else was gonna speak up! :)

>Actually, the fact is that people just don't seem to be writing k/s any
>more. There are just so many stories that can be written about any
>topic.

Well, I wouldn't say that.... I know T'hy'la is still coming out, as is
First Time (can you believe she's up to around 44 or so???). Now,
compared to its heyday, that's nothin', but it is out there if you look
for it.
Then again, I must agree with the idea that there's only so much you can
say, even in alternate universes, time travel, etc. The passion just
ain't in the creative community any more, I guess.
Kinda like the way Professionals slash fandom took off and generated
gobs of fanfic, but has slowed quite a bit. I think readers (as well as
writers, who I can't speak for) do get bored after 8 - 10 years of the
same single fandom....

>>> : : Personally I think that old classics that are long out of print
>should be
>>> : : published on the net.
>

>I'd love to see this too. Some of the really classic zines have gone
>through 6 or 8 or more printings, but nothing I have is a printing more
>recent than about 1987. If the authors can be located and agree, it
>would be great if someone could set up a web site for classic zines.

That's it exactly -- if the authors agree. Just wanted to be pedantic
about insisting on that....

Ann
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ann Teitelbaum
Almost Foolproof Press
P.O. Box 2455, Danville, CA 94526

Jeanita

Nov 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/27/95
U.Edu> <4967tj$6...@csbh.mhv.net:> <4977rr$h...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>
<4998fc$o...@bdt.bdt.com>
Ann Teitelbaum (m...@bdt.com) wrote:

[...]

Um. That 'old crowd' remark wasn't a slam. I meant old as in previous,
not old as in decrepit. Crikey! :-) BTW, I consider myself a member
of that old crowd, and here I am (though admittedly not as comfortable on
the net as I'd like to be).

Jeanita

--

Come Child, I love you 'cause you're mine.
-Nana Peazant, Daughters of the Dust

Bob KrackerJack

Nov 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/27/95
roge...@aol.com (Roger MS4) wrote:

>yar might not be gay, but denise corsby is.

You gotta point

oh and will the people at aol let you talk like that using the word
gay???

they don't let people say Hate from what I'm told???

Virginia Boehm

Nov 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/28/95
In <498np0$q...@decaxp.harvard.edu> sma...@course2.harvard.edu
(Susannah Mandel) writes:

>Pixel_Cat..., (ro...@pixelbox.usa1.com) wrote:
>: In article <4977rr$h...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,

>: Virginia Boehm <gi...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>: >Hey - some of us "old crowd" people who've been trek fans close to
30
>: >years now are here and quite comfortable on the net. Give us a
break,
>: >ok. :-)
>
>: Yes, but you (you personally) rarely post except to say that you're

>: longtime fanfic writer. How about putting some K/S slash up for us
(relative)
>: newbies, who've only been fans for 15 years or so (by virtue of
being too
>: young to have seen the first few syndicated runs of TOS!)
>
>Wowzers. Do I ever second _that_ notion. ;)
>

>cheers,
>--;-;--@ susannah };&)
>seconding!

Wish I could, but I've never written any slash (just don't have the
talent for it :-( ). What we need to do is track down some of the
authors of classic k/s and get their permission to post the stuff.

Gini

MiriCat

Dec 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/6/95
It's nice to see people talking about the old K/S fanfic. I decided I
wanted to do a paper for my graduate English class on Reader Theory on the
subject of reader response to fan fiction (particularly the erotic stuff).
I'm a new reader of it myself, preferring the soft-mid core stuff (bi,
gay, straight, whatever). I noticed the readers (and writers) of K/S seem
to be mostly female (as am I) and hoped that some of you women who read
K/S would email me with your thoughts, feelings, favorite stories and why,
etc. All email will be kept confidential (only included in my paper if
you give the okay -- real names not necessary). If you don't want to be
included in my paper (for whatever reason) I'd still like to hear what you
think just so I can get a better introduction to the genre. I wish the
old K/S was on the net as I've heard great things about some of it.

Thanks for any help you can give me. My paper is in the research stages
and I hope to turn it in by the end of December. Also, if you know of any
Manhattan stores that carry the K/S zines, I'd appreciate it (I'm an NYU
m.a./phd student).
Live long etc....
Mir...@aol.com
Mir...@aol.com