HOW OLD IS SPOCKS MUM ?

Tony Hatton

Dec 1, 1994, 11:30:23 AM12/1/94
Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She
is human and does not have a vulcun lifespan? And yet look so young?

Tony Hatton
The Ridge College
Hibbert Lane
Stockport

James Pavlovich

Dec 1, 1994, 12:52:46 PM12/1/94
> Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She
> is human and does not have a vulcun lifespan? And yet look so young?

It was Sarek's second wife Perrin (I'm not sure of the spelling), Spock's
stepmom and also human, who outlived Sarek. Spock's mother, Amanda,
was presumably long dead by the time of TNG.

JGP

Blanche Cohen

Dec 1, 1994, 1:31:01 PM12/1/94
Spock's Mum...

She didn't outlive Sarek. When Sarek first appeared on TNG it was made
clear that Perrin (Sarek's wife) was his 2nd wife (assuming you ignore
ST:V), that Amanda (Spock's mum) had died some years before.

Jane Wyatt (the actress who played Amanda), on the other hand,
is very much alive.
--
"It might be interesting to explore useless for a while" [DS9]
"Chocolate is a serious business" [TNG]

Thomas Spaulding

Dec 1, 1994, 5:24:24 PM12/1/94
Tony Hatton (tonyh...@theridge.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She

Ah...maybe because it is NOT Spock's mother that we see in the
TNG episodes and it was even mentioned in the first episode "Sarek" that
this is another human wife. Also, when Pichard is "containing" Sarek's
emotions he states "I could never tell you that I loved you" (this may be
paraphrasing)
--

tspl...@symnet.net

AKIS, RICHARD JOHN

Dec 1, 1994, 7:08:00 PM12/1/94
In article <85593...@theridge.demon.co.uk>, tonyh...@theridge.demon.co.uk writes...

The Sarek's wife (I forget her name) in the TNG episode "Sarek"
is NOT Spock's mother (Amanda). Sarek REMARRIED sometime after Amanda died.

Richard A.

Brian Christopher Weaver

Dec 2, 1994, 2:10:09 PM12/2/94

Sarek remarried, I believe.

pedu...@altair.selu.edu

Dec 7, 1994, 12:08:21 PM12/7/94
Recently asked was:

:> Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She

:> is human and does not have a vulcun lifespan? And yet look so young?

Tony, you missed something. If you are reffering to Perrin, who did
outlive Sarek, she was Spock's step-mom. Amanda, spocks mom, died sometime
between STIV and TNG. Remember, Sarek would need a new wife in less than 7
years. So he just happened to prefer humans - I do to.
$Scrouge Prompte$
Gail Perrin

Patrick Murray

Dec 5, 1994, 9:21:00 PM12/5/94
BC> Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
BC>
BC> tonyh...@theridge.demon.co.uk writes:
BC> > Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She
BC> > is human and does not have a vulcun lifespan? And yet look so young?
BC> >
BC> >
BC> > Tony Hatton
BC> > The Ridge College
BC> > Hibbert Lane
BC> > Stockport
BC> >
BC>
BC> Sarek remarried, I believe.

Thrice actually

---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P005699 Entered at [ON-LINE SYSTEMS]

Sandra Milne

Dec 11, 1994, 6:55:18 PM12/11/94
patrick...@onlinesys.com (Patrick Murray) writes:

>BC> Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
>BC>
>BC> tonyh...@theridge.demon.co.uk writes:
>BC> > Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She
>BC> > is human and does not have a vulcun lifespan? And yet look so young?
>BC> >
>BC> >
>BC> > Tony Hatton
>BC> > The Ridge College
>BC> > Hibbert Lane
>BC> > Stockport
>BC> >
>BC>
>BC> Sarek remarried, I believe.

>Thrice actually

No wonder in Unification his wife wasn't Amanda. She must have lived a
whil though, unless he had two wives called Amanda! Cuz in STIV, she
didn't look that old. Certainly not much older than Spock. And he called
her "mother" as well. Unless it is a Vulcan custom to call your father's
wife "mother" out of respect.

I don't think so though.

Dayna.

Corey Alton Reid

Dec 13, 1994, 6:46:45 PM12/13/94
Sandra Milne (cs33...@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au) wrote:
: patrick...@onlinesys.com (Patrick Murray) writes:

[deleted stuff]

: >BC> tonyh...@theridge.demon.co.uk writes:
: >BC> > Can anyone tell me how spocks mum can out live sarek. She
: >BC> > is human and does not have a vulcun lifespan? And yet look so young?

[more deleted]

: >Thrice actually

: No wonder in Unification his wife wasn't Amanda. She must have lived a
: whil though, unless he had two wives called Amanda! Cuz in STIV, she
: didn't look that old. Certainly not much older than Spock. And he called
: her "mother" as well. Unless it is a Vulcan custom to call your father's
: wife "mother" out of respect.

: I don't think so though.

In the episodes "Sarek" (3rd) and "Unification 1" (4th), Sarek's wife is
Perrin. In TOS and ST4, Amanda was still alive. In ST5, we see that
Sarek was mated with a Vulcan priestess (name unknown to poster), who
gave birth to Sybok (that movie's villain). I think this mate died after
childbirth. Amanda would be Sarek's SECOND wife, and Perrin his third.

: Dayna.

--
Qapla'!
Corey Alton Reid

| "This is still the gratest country in the world, if we |
| just steel our wills and lose our minds." Bill Clinton |
+-- --+
| "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." |
| Dan Quayle |

stefon...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2017, 8:52:23 PM6/9/17
My question is, if Spock is 100 and something yrs old, then how old can his mom be?

Your Name

Jun 9, 2017, 10:07:37 PM6/9/17
On 2017-06-10 00:52:23 +0000, stefon...@gmail.com said:

> My question is, if Spock is 100 and something yrs old, then how old can
> his mom be?

A. Spock isn't "100 and something yrs old". In the the original TV series
on his first travels with Capt Kirk, Spock is only 35 years old.

Spock
-----
Year of birth: 2230

2252 - As cadet, assigned under Capt. Christopher Pike,
U.S.S. Enterprise
2253 - Commissioned as ensign, still aboard Enterprise
under Pike
2265 - As lieutenant commander, named first officer and
science officer under Capt. James T. Kirk aboard
Enterprise; promoted to commander soon after
<http://www.startrek.com/database_article/spock>

B. Humans in Star Trek's time live a lot longer than they do now. An
ancient McCoy turns up in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

McCoy, Leonard H.
As a retired admiral he remained active in his later years,
serving at the age of 137 and shuttling aboard the U.S.S.
Enterprise-D in 2364 in his role of inspecting medical
facilities on new starships.
<http://www.startrek.com/database_article/mccoy-leonard>