Freedom model in Sisko's office?

Steve Andrews

Oct 13, 1994, 9:53:29 AM10/13/94
In article <1994Oct13.025106.1069@muvms6> , lan...@muvms6.wvnet.edu
writes:
> I noticed something the other night watching parts I & II of "The
Search".

> In Sisko's office there's a model of what looks alot like a model of the
> original space station Freedom -- two large solar panel arrays on
either side
> with cylindrical habitation modules in the middle. Did anyone else
catch this?
> Or am I just seeing things. It would be a nice touch -- the Enterprise
had a
> wall showing different types of ships named Enterprise - it would only
be
> fitting for Sisko to have a space station model collection.
>
> Oh well, I know this is trivial but its just one of those useless
things my
> brain thinks about from time to time.
>
> Thanks.

I saw it too. Too bad it will never look like that, now that the
Russians are cooperating. It was a nice touch though.

Steve A.

stephen...@gsfc.nasa.gov

Richard D Manning

Oct 13, 1994, 10:22:08 AM10/13/94
Yeah, I noticed it, too! A nice addition to the model collection of our current
newest commanding officer, which already includes a model of an old Daedelus-
class starship. (Notes: Picard's model collection was small--just a Constel-
lation-class ship with the wrong number for the Stargazer. In "Future Im-
perfect," Riker has two models in his ready room, an Apollo Command/Service
Module, and the Nebula-class U.S.S. Melbourne (offered to him, destroyed at Wolf
359). I think that's all we've seen so far...)

Jim Frost

Oct 13, 1994, 7:24:38 PM10/13/94
Richard D Manning (mann...@troi.egr.msu.edu) wrote:
: Yeah, I noticed it, too! A nice addition to the model collection of our current

I think Troi had a model of a TOS Shuttlecraft in her quarters in one of
the earlier episodes. OK, this is not at the same level as a starship
but it IS a model!

Jim

Richard D Manning

Oct 13, 1994, 8:34:56 PM10/13/94
Never saw that...

I'm just waiting to see what models Kathryn Janeway will have in HER ready room.

Matt Burch

Oct 15, 1994, 11:23:49 AM10/15/94
mann...@guinan.egr.msu.edu (Richard D Manning) writes:

>I'm just waiting to see what models Kathryn Janeway will have in HER ready room.

Technically, it could be said that whenever he calls Dax into his office,
Sisko has a model in there. Think about it.

Matt Burch | There are very few problems that can't be solved
mbu...@ksu.ksu.edu | with the suitable application of photon torpedoes.

Richard D Manning

Oct 15, 1994, 5:26:41 PM10/15/94
In article <37os65$7...@matt.ksu.ksu.edu>, mbu...@ksu.ksu.edu (Matt Burch) writes:
|> mann...@guinan.egr.msu.edu (Richard D Manning) writes:
|>

|> >I'm just waiting to see what models Kathryn Janeway will have in HER ready room.
|>
|> Technically, it could be said that whenever he calls Dax into his office,
|> Sisko has a model in there. Think about it.

That's true--and I have the JPEGs to prove it...

:-)

Matt Burch

Oct 15, 1994, 10:32:58 PM10/15/94

Yup, ya just gotta love those wacky guys with scanners! <drool>
dpd0006.jpg is especially nice.

ObStarTrek: Why would Sisko have a Daedalus-class ship model in his
office? I'm almost certain he never served on one - perhaps Dax, in
a former life, was around to serve on this vintage vessel?

>:-)

Richard D Manning

Oct 15, 1994, 11:00:00 PM10/15/94
In article <37q3cq$c...@matt.ksu.ksu.edu>, mbu...@ksu.ksu.edu (Matt Burch) writes:
|> mann...@birch.NoSubdomain.NoDomain (Richard D Manning) writes:

|> >That's true--and I have the JPEGs to prove it...
|>
|> Yup, ya just gotta love those wacky guys with scanners! <drool>
|> dpd0006.jpg is especially nice.

I'm still trying to find the magazine those were scanned from. BTW, were there any other
than dpd0005, dpd0006, and dpd0007? I have those three, though my copy of 0006 (still so
labeled at the bottom) is named "TFarrell3.jpg" (I use Unix now). What were dpd0000-0004?

|> ObStarTrek: Why would Sisko have a Daedalus-class ship model in his
|> office? I'm almost certain he never served on one - perhaps Dax, in
|> a former life, was around to serve on this vintage vessel?
|>

|> >:-)

Maybe, or maybe for the reason that Riker had an Apollo CSM in his ready room in "Future
Imperfect"--he thought it looked cool, and the price was right! :-)