Seska's Pregnancy

Debby Hanoka

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96

This the second time I've heard Seska's pregnancy mentioned on Voyager. Is
Martha Hackett (actress who plays Seska) pregnant in real life, or is
this just part of the story?

--

Debby Hanoka
p009...@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us

Nelson Lu

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
In article <4egqhn$2...@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us>,

Debby Hanoka <p009...@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us> wrote:

>This the second time I've heard Seska's pregnancy mentioned on Voyager. Is
>Martha Hackett (actress who plays Seska) pregnant in real life, or is
>this just part of the story?

If I am not mistaken, she is actually pregnant -- that could have been the
motivation to write her out of the Voyager crew in the first place.

Barbara Nash

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
Debby Hanoka <p009...@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us> wrote:

>This the second time I've heard Seska's pregnancy mentioned on Voyager. Is
>Martha Hackett (actress who plays Seska) pregnant in real life, or is
>this just part of the story?

The actress is indeed pregnant IRL, and speculation has it that Seska's
pregnancy was an idea borne (no pun indended) of the actress' condition.

LLAP,
Barb, honourary SLAQ'er
Barb Nash bln...@netcom.com * http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bnash/
Parisite #1, Duchovnik, B'Elladonna, OMMB
Editor for The Flight Log, the Official Newsletter of
RanDoM Flight - The Official Robert Duncan McNeill Fanclub

Ian McIntire

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
n...@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Nelson Lu) wrote:
>In article <4egqhn$2...@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us>,

>Debby Hanoka <p009...@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us> wrote:
>>
>>This the second time I've heard Seska's pregnancy mentioned on Voyager. Is
>>Martha Hackett (actress who plays Seska) pregnant in real life, or is
>>this just part of the story?
>
>If I am not mistaken, she is actually pregnant -- that could have been the
>motivation to write her out of the Voyager crew in the first place.

That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Voyager already has a
pregnant crewmember (introduced in Elogium, which was recorded in the
first season). If the motivation for revealing Seska was a Cardassian
was Martha Hacket's pregnancy they could have either a) simply make the
pregnant crewmember (Wildman, I believe) character into Seska or b)
written Seska permanently out. If TPTB wanted to write her out, they
haven't done a very good job, considering that she's already appeared in
more episodes than Wildman has.

Ian McIntire

Cut from "Threshold"

Paris: "So long, suckers! See you in about 70 years!"

Debby Hanoka

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
I don't get your point. What I meant was in regards to Martha Hackett's
pregnancy--not Seska's. If you'll read my original post at face value,
instead of reading into it, you'll see that I was asking whether Martha
Hackett is pregnant in real life, or is Seska's pregnancy is part of the
storyline.

And "Elogium" was on in the second season, not the first.

Debby Hanoka
p009...@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us

simh...@buffnet.net

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
p009...@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us (Debby Hanoka) wrote:
If you'll read my original post at face value,
>instead of reading into it, you'll see that I was asking whether Martha
>Hackett is pregnant in real life, or is Seska's pregnancy is part of the
>storyline.

I don't know if Martha Hackett is pregnant, but if she is, it
would explain why Seska is still "in the process" of restoring
her Cardassia phisiology.

Could you imagine sujecting a *pregnant* woman to all the garb
that Andrew Robinson wears? The acting union probably has
rules against stuff like that.

Just a thought...

Lynda