Amazon subverts my expectations

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Sep 18, 2021, 1:34:22 AM9/18/21
So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
titles and see:

Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in

I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space" but when I hover
the text is in fact

"the Age of Revolution".

and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I bought a history book last week.."
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Kevrob

Sep 18, 2021, 2:28:49 AM9/18/21
On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 1:34:22 AM UTC-4, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
> titles and see:
>
> Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in
>
> I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space" but when I hover
> the text is in fact
>
> "the Age of Revolution".
>
> and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I bought a history book last week.."
> --

You were expecting Adam étrange, peut-être?

https://www.comics.org/issue/17550/cover/4/

--
Kevin R

Paul S Person

Sep 18, 2021, 1:04:41 PM9/18/21
On 18 Sep 2021 05:34:17 GMT, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
<tednolan>) wrote:

>So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
>titles and see:
>
> Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in
>
>I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space" but when I hover
>the text is in fact
>
> "the Age of Revolution".
>
>and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I bought a history book last week.."

What I find annoying is their constant efforts to sell me /what I just
bought/.

I usually avoid their suggestions, but there was one film that I could
only find by title as an R5 DVD (won't play in R1) ... and the first
"suggestion" was a BD/DVD combo pack that was A/R1 (will play in R1).

IIRC, several years ago I ran into several LPs that I could only find
on Amazon ... by searching with Google.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Sep 18, 2021, 1:15:14 PM9/18/21
In article <a57ba47f-4703-4890...@googlegroups.com>,
Apparently he's a war criminal now..

Robert Woodward

Sep 18, 2021, 1:37:45 PM9/18/21
In article <iqlc2p...@mid.individual.net>,
t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:

> So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
> titles and see:
>
> Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in
>
> I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space"

Sounds like a book that David D. Levine might write.

Robert Woodward robe...@drizzle.com