[review] Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, volume 1) by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman

James Nicoll

Jan 20, 2022, 9:06:04 AM1/20/22
Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, volume 1) by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/fighting_dragons

Johnny Tindalos

Jan 20, 2022, 3:02:24 PM1/20/22
jdni...@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote in

> Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, volume 1) by
> Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/fighting_dragons

This novel was indeed part of my teenage years. Even then I wasn't terribly
impressed; my sister said the first trilogy contained one good line, and
the second had one good paragraph.

On the other hand, my flatmate found the books on my "books not to read"
shelf and said if she'd known the second trilogy had so much repressed
passion, she'd have read it years ago.

They're really not very good, and the franchise nosedived after the first
six. Still, they're engraved in my memory, Tasslehoff, Bupu, and all.

Hamish Laws

Jan 21, 2022, 3:22:47 AM1/21/22
On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 1:06:04 AM UTC+11, James Nicoll wrote:
> Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, volume 1) by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/fighting_dragons

Now do Gord the Rogue...

James Nicoll

Jan 21, 2022, 9:55:07 AM1/21/22
In article <6abc5b4a-0003-4161...@googlegroups.com>,
Ha ha no. I will probably do Dream Park, and maybe Man of Gold....

Steve Coltrin

Jan 21, 2022, 11:42:22 AM1/21/22
begin fnord
Johnny Tindalos <Jama...@UnrealEmail.arg> writes:

> This novel was indeed part of my teenage years. Even then I wasn't terribly
> impressed; my sister said the first trilogy contained one good line, and
> the second had one good paragraph.

So it improved?

--
Steve Coltrin spco...@omcl.org Google Groups killfiled here
"A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel

Johnny Tindalos

Jan 21, 2022, 3:33:12 PM1/21/22
Steve Coltrin <spco...@omcl.org> wrote in

> begin fnord
> Johnny Tindalos <Jama...@UnrealEmail.arg> writes:
>
>> This novel was indeed part of my teenage years. Even then I wasn't
>> terribly impressed; my sister said the first trilogy contained one
>> good line, and the second had one good paragraph.
>
> So it improved?

Since the one good line is composed of three words, and the one good
paragraph has 465, it improved 155-fold. An impressive feat! :-)

Magewolf

Jan 21, 2022, 4:43:14 PM1/21/22
That is a rather cruel suggestion. I mean if he does the first you have
to suggest he does the sequels so he would not be left hanging.