August 2, 1939

The Starmaker

Aug 2, 2012, 1:34:38 PM8/2/12

The Starmaker

Aug 2, 2012, 8:54:37 PM8/2/12

Hunter

Aug 2, 2012, 9:55:36 PM8/2/12
On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:34:38 -0700, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_The-Man-Who-Built-The-Atomic-Bomb-2.html
-----
Stll lying about Einstein?

------>Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

The Starmaker

Aug 3, 2012, 1:12:55 PM8/3/12
Hunter (Hunter) wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:34:38 -0700, The Starmaker
> <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_The-Man-Who-Built-The-Atomic-Bomb-2.html
> -----
> Stll lying about Einstein?

Do you happen to know the name of the person who is, "The Father of the Atomic Bomb"?

fa�ther

noun /?f�T?H?r/
fathers, plural

An important figure in the origin and early history of something

Be the source or originator of

Wayne Throop

Aug 3, 2012, 1:19:25 PM8/3/12
: The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
: Do you happen to know the name of the person who is,
: "The Father of the Atomic Bomb"?

Gosh, let's use Starmaker's "natural" method. Just google
for ->the father of the atomic bomb<-.

And google sez: Oppenheimer. Nature has Spoken!
Now will you stop lying? (Don't worry; I'm sure you won't.)

Michael Stemper

Aug 3, 2012, 1:25:25 PM8/3/12

<http://www.disinfo.com/2011/02/one-out-of-ten-people-werent-fathered-by-the-man-they-believe-is-dad/>

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>

The Starmaker

Aug 3, 2012, 1:30:03 PM8/3/12
Of course Wayne, you had to do a google search because you simply
...don't know.

Wayne Throop

Aug 3, 2012, 1:38:55 PM8/3/12
: The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
: Of course Wayne, you had to do a google search because you simply
: ....don't know.

I didn't have to do a google search.
That's just what you claimed is the Natural method, and will give
reliable answers. How come when *you* use the Natural method,
the results are indisputable, but anybody else does that same thing,
it's irrelevant? Couldn't be you have a double standard, could it?

In any event. without google, from knowledge I've had for decades,
"Who is the father of the atomic bomb", the correct answer is
Szilard or Oppenheimer, depending on if you mean the concept,
or organizing the actual work. Einstein is an incorrect answer.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Aug 3, 2012, 1:51:57 PM8/3/12
On 8/3/12 1:38 PM, Wayne Throop wrote:
> : The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
> : Of course Wayne, you had to do a google search because you simply
> : ....don't know.
>
> I didn't have to do a google search.
> That's just what you claimed is the Natural method, and will give
> reliable answers. How come

The answer is always "because he's a troll", Wayne. When he first
showed up I thought he might just be a loon, but no actual human being
could be simultaneously capable of all the complex actions involved in
finding the various articles he does and posting about them, and at the
same time be so utterly incapable of understanding anything.

So he's either a troll, or a very complex ELIZA program.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

The Starmaker

Aug 3, 2012, 1:59:39 PM8/3/12
"the correct answer is Szilard or Oppenheimer"??? You mean you don't know????

"Einstein is an incorrect answer."?? You don't even have a 'correct answer'!

You have a history of being...wishywashy.

Do you wear a dress on Thursday nights? Cause you have a split personality..

get off the fence..

Pick one.

Joseph Nebus

Aug 3, 2012, 2:04:07 PM8/3/12
In <13440...@sheol.org> thr...@sheol.org (Wayne Throop) writes:

>In any event. without google, from knowledge I've had for decades,
>"Who is the father of the atomic bomb", the correct answer is
>Szilard or Oppenheimer, depending on if you mean the concept,
>or organizing the actual work. Einstein is an incorrect answer.

I thought it was Booker T Washington?

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: Reading the Comics, July 28, 2012 http://wp.me/p1RYhY-hO

The Starmaker

Aug 3, 2012, 2:17:52 PM8/3/12
"ELIZA"? Are you still using an Orsborne computer??

Wayne Throop

Aug 3, 2012, 2:19:34 PM8/3/12
: The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
: "the correct answer is Szilard or Oppenheimer"???
: You mean you don't know????

You didn't say whether you meant the father of the concept,
or the father of the artifact. Not being teleppathic, I answered
both possibilities.

: Einstein is an incorrect answer."

Glad you finally agree.

The Starmaker

Aug 3, 2012, 2:46:33 PM8/3/12
I gave the definition of father:

fa�ther

noun /?f�T?H?r/
fathers, plural

An important figure in the origin and early history of something

Be the source or originator of

I keep forgetting..you don't know English...

An important figure in the origin.

or�i�gin

noun /?�r?j?n/
origins, plural

The beginning of something's existence

be�gin�ning

noun /bi?giniNG/
beginnings, plural

The point in time or space at which something starts

Your English teacher went on vacation a lot, didn't she?

And your 'physics teacher' was a lemon teacher..you got a lemon.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/aba/lowres/aban119l.jpg

hanson

Aug 3, 2012, 4:02:46 PM8/3/12
... ahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA.... ROTFLMAO

Wayne Throop wrote:
You didn't say whether you meant the father of the
concept, or the father of the artifact, [[[ which looked
like the star-ch that your father squirted onto the bed
sheets instead of into your mommy to be ]]]].

Starch-maker wrote:
The point in time or space at which something starts
I'll repeat...
e = the stuff that starch-bombs are made of.
e = the stuff that comes from nuclear starch-explosions.
e = get a boner shelter... aka condom.
e = the Starch that Starchmaker's brain is made of
e = the Starch that Starchmaker's story is made of:

<http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_The-Man-Who-Built-The-Atomic-Bomb-2.html>
[1]
> _________

hanson wrote:
Starchy listen. You produced Lots of Starch, but NO
Starmaker quality in that "Atomic Age - Angel Food" cake
which you stole from the Nov. 18, 1946 issue of the
Time Magazine's social page, featuring Vice Admiral
Blandy & his Hogie, with House-friend Rear Admiral
Lowry looking on rather starchy. [ in 1]

Listen, you Starchy Schmuck, you have no idea what
physics is, you have no ken of history, you confuse
time lines, and your starchy rag will never fetch $25
to cover your Subsidy-Publishing fee that you had
to cough up, up front. Pity. [in 1]

Should you try again for a 2nd edition then be less
starchy, & heed the advice that Einstein Dingleberries
(ED) have already givenyou: .... That you must LEARN
Albert's SR crap, since they can't explain it to you.

Mind you though that "SR" is not short for "Star" as it
is just as starchy as you are... ahahaha...

Thanks for the laughs though, you splendid Starch maker.
ahahahaha.... ahahahahahanson

Quadibloc

Aug 3, 2012, 4:35:40 PM8/3/12
On Aug 3, 12:17 pm, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:

> >         So he's either a troll, or a very complex ELIZA program.

> "ELIZA"? Are you still using an Orsborne computer??

Nothing wrong with using an older example, more familiar to many than
the less publicized more recent work.

But the right comparison would be to Parry, not to Eliza.

John Savard

Greg Goss

Aug 3, 2012, 6:28:23 PM8/3/12
The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:

>> So he's either a troll, or a very complex ELIZA program.
>
>"ELIZA"? Are you still using an Orsborne computer??

The Osborne screen was too small to be really useful, and they killed
the company with a tactical error introducing the Vixen.

Anyhow, Ryk, I don't think any bots could have whipped up a photoshop
fake book cover, so we're stuck with a troll.
--
I used to own a mind like a steel trap.
Perhaps if I'd specified a brass one, it

Greg Goss

Aug 3, 2012, 6:29:45 PM8/3/12
Described in Analog magazine as ...

"Turing Point

We have created the first intelligent computer program -- and it's
insane."

Greg Goss

Aug 3, 2012, 6:30:54 PM8/3/12
The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Wayne Throop wrote:
>>
>> : The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
>> : "the correct answer is Szilard or Oppenheimer"???
>> : You mean you don't know????
>>
>> You didn't say whether you meant the father of the concept,
>> or the father of the artifact. Not being teleppathic, I answered
>> both possibilities.
>>
>> : Einstein is an incorrect answer."
>>
>> Glad you finally agree.
>
>I gave the definition of father:
>

>fa�ther
>
>noun /?f�T?H?r/
>fathers, plural
>
>An important figure in the origin and early history of something
>
>Be the source or originator of
>

>I keep forgetting..you don't know English...

AN important figure? The receptionist who carried the letter in to
the president was important.

Hunter

Aug 7, 2012, 9:07:24 AM8/7/12
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:12:55 -0700, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Hunter (Hunter) wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:34:38 -0700, The Starmaker
>> <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_The-Man-Who-Built-The-Atomic-Bomb-2.html
>> -----
>> Stll lying about Einstein?
>

>Do you happen to know the name of the person who is, "The Father of the Atomic Bomb"?
>

>fa·ther
>
>noun /?fäT?H?r/
>fathers, plural
>
>An important figure in the origin and early history of something
>
>Be the source or originator of
------
Leo Szilard or J. Robert Oppenheimer if you count the man who actually
figured out the science or the guy who with his staff actually led the
Manhattan Project effort to construct it and then test it in New
Mexico on July 16, 1945 quoting the Bhagavad Gita "Now, I am become
Death, the destroyer of worlds.".

In any event Albert Einstein had *nothing* to do with it, outside of
roughly explaining the science behind it to President Roosevelt. If
you meant to say that makes him the father then I guess an auto
machanic explaining the internal combustion engine is the father of
the automobile.

The Starmaker

Aug 7, 2012, 11:57:55 AM8/7/12
Hunter (Hunter) wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:12:55 -0700, The Starmaker
> <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >Hunter (Hunter) wrote:

> >> -----
> >> Stll lying about Einstein?
> >

> >Do you happen to know the name of the person who is, "The Father of the Atomic Bomb"?
> >

> >fa�ther
> >
> >noun /?f�T?H?r/
> >fathers, plural
> >
> >An important figure in the origin and early history of something
> >
> >Be the source or originator of
> ------
> Leo Szilard or J. Robert Oppenheimer if you count the man who actually
> figured out the science or the guy who with his staff actually led the
> Manhattan Project effort to construct it and then test it in New
> Mexico on July 16, 1945 quoting the Bhagavad Gita "Now, I am become
> Death, the destroyer of worlds.".
>
> In any event Albert Einstein had *nothing* to do with it, outside of
> roughly explaining the science behind it to President Roosevelt. If
> you meant to say that makes him the father then I guess an auto
> machanic explaining the internal combustion engine is the father of
> the automobile.
>
> ------>Hunter
>
> "No man in the wrong can stand up against
> a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."
>
> -----William J. McDonald
> Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

fa�ther

An important figure in the origin and early history of something

Be the source or originator of

"An important figure...", not 'importants figures'

Father = one person.

Hunter

Aug 7, 2012, 6:00:16 PM8/7/12
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 17:38:55 GMT, thr...@sheol.org (Wayne Throop)
wrote:
-----
Exactly.

Rod Speed

Aug 7, 2012, 5:56:47 PM8/7/12

"Hunter (Hunter)" <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:12:55 -0700, The Starmaker
> <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>Hunter (Hunter) wrote:

>>> -----
>>> Stll lying about Einstein?
>>

>>Do you happen to know the name of the person who is, "The Father of the
>>Atomic Bomb"?
>>

>>fa�ther
>>
>>noun /?f�T?H?r/
>>fathers, plural
>>
>>An important figure in the origin and early history of something
>>
>>Be the source or originator of
> ------
> Leo Szilard or J. Robert Oppenheimer if you count the man who actually
> figured out the science or the guy who with his staff actually led the
> Manhattan Project effort to construct it and then test it in New
> Mexico on July 16, 1945 quoting the Bhagavad Gita "Now, I am become
> Death, the destroyer of worlds.".
>
> In any event Albert Einstein had *nothing* to do with it, outside of
> roughly explaining the science behind it to President Roosevelt. If
> you meant to say that makes him the father then I guess an auto
> machanic explaining the internal combustion engine is the father of
> the automobile.

Its rather more complicated than that given that its was
arguably Einstein 'explaining' the science behind it to
FDR that saw him choose to have the Manhattan Project
that did eventually produce the bombs. In that sense he
really was the father of the atom bomb.

Tho you can certainly make the case that it was someone
else that actually got Einstein's message to FDR that really
got the Manhattan Project started.

The Starmaker

Aug 7, 2012, 6:51:58 PM8/7/12
Exactly. I understand...when you ask your Mother who your Father is..and she doesn't know, she has to
use the word "or".

It's when you don't know.

Both of yous 'evidently' don't know who the Father of the Atomic Bomb is...

manny, moe or jack...

Wayne Throop

Aug 7, 2012, 9:17:24 PM8/7/12
: "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
: Its rather more complicated than that given that its was arguably
: Einstein 'explaining' the science behind it to FDR that saw him choose
: to have the Manhattan Project that did eventually produce the bombs.

People have argued that, certainly.
Of course, the argument is a bit unconvincing, since it
was Szilard that wrote the letter; Einstein merely signed it,
lending his "name recognition" to the missive. This is not
count as being the "father of the atom bomb".

: Tho you can certainly make the case that it was someone else that
: actually got Einstein's message to FDR that really got the Manhattan
: Project started.

The fact is that it wasn't Einstein's message in the first place.

Wayne Throop

Aug 7, 2012, 9:20:47 PM8/7/12
: The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
: I understand...when you ask your Mother who your Father is..and she
: doesn't know, she has to use the word "or".

And if the reply is "if you mean the biological father, then Fred;
if you mean the father that raised you, then Bob", there's no "or"
involved, and there's no confusion, and no "now knowing who it was".

So. If you mean the concept, Szilard. If you mean the project, Oppenheimer.
Einstein had nothing to do with the concept, and also had nothing
to do with the implementation.

Greg Goss

Aug 7, 2012, 9:33:57 PM8/7/12
thr...@sheol.org (Wayne Throop) wrote:

>: The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
>: I understand...when you ask your Mother who your Father is..and she
>: doesn't know, she has to use the word "or".
>
>And if the reply is "if you mean the biological father, then Fred;
>if you mean the father that raised you, then Bob", there's no "or"
>involved, and there's no confusion, and no "now knowing who it was".

"So many people have claimed to be the Father of the Mustang, that I
wouldn't want to be seen in public with the mother." - Lee Iacocca

Rod Speed

Aug 7, 2012, 11:00:22 PM8/7/12
Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

>> Its rather more complicated than that given that its was arguably
>> Einstein 'explaining' the science behind it to FDR that saw him choose
>> to have the Manhattan Project that did eventually produce the bombs.

> People have argued that, certainly.

> Of course, the argument is a bit unconvincing, since it
> was Szilard that wrote the letter; Einstein merely signed it,
> lending his "name recognition" to the missive. This is not
> count as being the "father of the atom bomb".

It does if FDR only took any notice of it because Einstein had
silenced it and would not have had the Manhattan Project if
Szilard hard signed it himself, because neither he or those who
read the letter before FDR saw it realised who Szilard actually was.

>> Tho you can certainly make the case that it was someone else that
>> actually got Einstein's message to FDR that really got the Manhattan
>> Project started.

> The fact is that it wasn't Einstein's message in the first place.

Sure, I could have worded that better. I meant the fact that Einstein's
name was on it was the reason the Manhattan Project happened would
certainly make Einstein the father of the atom bomb in one sense at least.

Rod Speed

Aug 7, 2012, 11:05:14 PM8/7/12
Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote
> The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>

> I understand...when you ask your Mother who your Father
> is..and she doesn't know, she has to use the word "or".

> And if the reply is "if you mean the biological father, then Fred;
> if you mean the father that raised you, then Bob", there's no "or"
> involved, and there's no confusion, and no "now knowing who it was".

There still is if she fucked both of them at the same time and
so didn�t know who was the actual father in a biological sense.

> So. If you mean the concept, Szilard.
> If you mean the project, Oppenheimer.

Not necessarily, you can also make a case that it�s the one that
caused the Manhattan Project to happen that is the real father.

> Einstein had nothing to do with the concept, and
> also had nothing to do with the implementation.

But was clearly absolutely crucial to getting it to happen
if the line about the letter he signed is actually accurate
in the sense that it wouldn�t have happened if Einstein
had not had his name on the letter and if it would not
have seen the atom bomb created if Szilard had signed
it himself.

Wayne Throop

Aug 7, 2012, 11:26:04 PM8/7/12
: "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
: It does if FDR only took any notice of it because Einstein had
: silenced it and would not have had the Manhattan Project if Szilard
: hard signed it himself, because neither he or those who read the
: letter before FDR saw it realised who Szilard actually was.

That's still not fatherhood, by any reasonable meaning,
unless you'd also say tht somebody who poked a hole in a condom
was the "father" of the resulting baby.

All Einstein did is poke a hole in the wall of flappers around FDR.

Wayne Throop

Aug 7, 2012, 11:27:47 PM8/7/12
:: And if the reply is "if you mean the biological father, then Fred; if
:: you mean the father that raised you, then Bob", there's no "or"
:: involved, and there's no confusion, and no "now knowing who it was".

: "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
: There still is if she fucked both of them at the same time and so didn
: t know who was the actual father in a biological sense.

Correct. And irrelevant, since it's not even vaguely analogous
to the case at hand. Einstein had nothing to do with the bomb,
either conceptually, or in its design, nor in the actual construction.
And there's no confusion between Szilard and Opperheimer's roles.

As irrelevant as irrelevant can be, I must say.

Rod Speed

Aug 8, 2012, 12:30:32 AM8/8/12
Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

>> It does if FDR only took any notice of it because Einstein had
>> signed it and would not have had the Manhattan Project if Szilard
>> had signed it himself, because neither he or those who read the
>> letter before FDR saw it realised who Szilard actually was.

> That's still not fatherhood, by any reasonable meaning,

Corse it is if it wouldn�t have otherwise have been
developed because of the immense cost involved.

> unless you'd also say tht somebody who poked a hole
> in a condom was the "father" of the resulting baby.

> All Einstein did is poke a hole in the wall of flappers around FDR.

He did a hell of a lot more than that in the sense that it wouldn�t
have happened if the letter had not been signed by him.

Rod Speed

Aug 8, 2012, 12:34:59 AM8/8/12
Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> And if the reply is "if you mean the biological father, then Fred; if
>>> you mean the father that raised you, then Bob", there's no "or"
>>> involved, and there's no confusion, and no "now knowing who it was".

>> There still is if she fucked both of them at the same time and
>> so didn't know who was the actual father in a biological sense.

> Correct. And irrelevant,

Nope.

> since it's not even vaguely analogous to the case at hand.

I wasn�t commenting on that bit there.

> Einstein had nothing to do with the bomb, either conceptually,
> or in its design, nor in the actual construction.

But he was arguably the one whose signature on that letter did
see the immense amount of money devoted to building one.

There is a very real sense in which that can be claimed
to be at least one of the fathers of the atom bomb.

Clearly there isnt just one with something like that or with the Mustang
either.

> And there's no confusion between Szilard and Opperheimer's roles.

Or with Einstein's either.

> As irrelevant as irrelevant can be, I must say.

Fraid not.

Androcles

Aug 8, 2012, 2:22:31 AM8/8/12

"Rod Speed" wrote in message news:a8e8kk...@mid.individual.net...

Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> And if the reply is "if you mean the biological father, then Fred; if
>>> you mean the father that raised you, then Bob", there's no "or"
>>> involved, and there's no confusion, and no "now knowing who it was".

>> There still is if she fucked both of them at the same time and
>> so didn't know who was the actual father in a biological sense.

> Correct. And irrelevant,

Nope.

You've had it explained to you, you don't like the answer, too fucking bad.
Stupid Ignorant Argumentative Cunt. <plonk>

Michael Stemper

Aug 8, 2012, 8:28:28 AM8/8/12
In article <13443...@sheol.org>, thr...@sheol.org (Wayne Throop) writes:
>: "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>

>: It does if FDR only took any notice of it because Einstein had
>: silenced it and would not have had the Manhattan Project if Szilard
>: hard signed it himself, because neither he or those who read the
>: letter before FDR saw it realised who Szilard actually was.
>
>That's still not fatherhood, by any reasonable meaning,
>unless you'd also say tht somebody who poked a hole in a condom
>was the "father" of the resulting baby.

It sounds more like setting the couple up on a blind date.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>
Life's too important to take seriously.

Tim.B...@redbridge.gov.uk

Aug 8, 2012, 8:50:29 AM8/8/12
to star...@ix.netcom.com
On Tuesday, 7 August 2012 16:57:55 UTC+1, The Starmaker wrote:
> Hunter (Hunter) wrote:
> > >

> > >fa·ther
>

> > >noun /?fäT?H?r/
>
> > >fathers, plural
>

> > >An important figure in the origin and early history of something
>

> > >Be the source or originator of
>
> > ------
>
> > Leo Szilard or J. Robert Oppenheimer if you count the man who actually
>
> > figured out the science or the guy who with his staff actually led the
>
> > Manhattan Project effort to construct it and then test it in New
>
> > Mexico on July 16, 1945 quoting the Bhagavad Gita "Now, I am become
>
> > Death, the destroyer of worlds.".

> fa·ther
>

> An important figure in the origin and early history of something
>

> Be the source or originator of
>

> "An important figure...", not 'importants figures'
>

> Father = one person.

So, was it Oppenheimer or Szilard who was the father of the atomic bomb?

Szilard was an important figure in the origin and early history of the atomic bomb. True or false?

Szilard was an important figure in the origin and early history of the atomic bomb. True or false?

Oppenheimer was an important figure in the origin and early history of the atomic bomb. True or false?

According to your logic, at most one of the above statements can be true.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Aug 8, 2012, 9:53:21 AM8/8/12
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 05:50:29 -0700 (PDT), Tim.B...@redbridge.gov.uk
wrote:

>According to your logic

Tim, you're replying (again) to someone who doesn't use logic. Give it
up.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Sent from my Sun 4/60

Wayne Throop

Aug 8, 2012, 11:39:53 AM8/8/12
:: All Einstein did is poke a hole in the wall of flappers around FDR.

: "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
: He did a hell of a lot more than that in the sense that it wouldn t
: have happened if the letter had not been signed by him.

You mean you really can't see that signing the letter
is exactly and precisely "getting it past the flappers"?
So what you're basically saying there is "he did a lot more
than get it past the flappers, he got it past the flappers.".

Yeesh.

David DeLaney

Aug 8, 2012, 12:27:28 PM8/8/12
Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
>: He did a hell of a lot more than that in the sense that it wouldn t
>: have happened if the letter had not been signed by him.
>
>You mean you really can't see that signing the letter
>is exactly and precisely "getting it past the flappers"?

Wayne, this is Rod Speed; it _sounds_ smarter than The Starmaker, but it's
doing almost exactly the same thing, spewing lies and misunderstandings at
random, essentially, to get people sucked into its endless crossposting to
several different groups in an attempt to overwhelm all of them and destroy
them.

If you reply to him, please do r.a.sf.w the courtesy of either SNIPPING THE
CROSSPOSTS or SETTING A FOLLOWUP-TO: HEADER so that in case someone replies
to YOU they don't perpetuate the crosspost. Note what I did here.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

The Starmaker

Aug 8, 2012, 1:31:52 PM8/8/12
Wayne Throop wrote:

> : "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> : It does if FDR only took any notice of it because Einstein had
> : silenced it and would not have had the Manhattan Project if Szilard
> : hard signed it himself, because neither he or those who read the
> : letter before FDR saw it realised who Szilard actually was.
>
> That's still not fatherhood, by any reasonable meaning,
> unless you'd also say tht somebody who poked a hole in a condom
> was the "father" of the resulting baby.

What? You mean, if a woman poked a hole, she's the father?