Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
djheydt at gmail dot com
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Kevrob

未读,
2021年9月16日 20:19:102021/9/16
收件人
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 4:35:03 PM UTC-4, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> In article <si05ts$655$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
> > https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
> >
> >That is not the Good Book !
> https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/09/lee-greenwood-bible-christian-publishing.html
>
> --

"..a good book. But not the only good book" - Henry Drummond

That Greenwood version will become popular on Omega 4.

"Ee'd plebnista norkohn forkohn perfectunun..."

--
Kevin R

Paul S Person

未读,
2021年9月17日 12:00:392021/9/17
收件人
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 20:24:51 GMT, djh...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J
Heydt) wrote:

>In article <si05ts$655$2...@dont-email.me>,
>Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
>> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
>>
>>That is not the Good Book !
>
>https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/09/lee-greenwood-bible-christian-publishing.html

Reminds me of an instructive incident when I was in the Army.

I was helping with Vacation Bible School. Well, gotta do /something/
to keep the kids out of trouble in the Summer.

This was a general program, meaning it was dominated locally by people
from denominations that "did not believe in creeds" and never recited
them. I found this out when a teacher's guide noted that the book for
that year was Lutheran and so referred to "the Creed", a concept it
believed would be unknown to most teachers and students.

Fair enough; you don't have to /recite/ them, you just have to /agree/
with them to be orthodox Christians.

Imagine my surprise when each morning began with three "pledges of
allegiance": one to God, one to the Bible, and one to the Church.

That's what "no creeds" meant to these specific people: we make up our
own creeds. And equate God, Bible, and Church. Whoo, boy!
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

John W Kennedy

未读,
2021年9月17日 13:25:472021/9/17
收件人
Lutheran, really? I was under the impression that they were more
small-o-orthodox than that.

Paul S Person

未读,
2021年9月18日 12:45:272021/9/18
收件人
I must have confused you.

/I/ was (am, IMHO) Lutheran.

/They/ were not.

But, if you learn nothing else in the Army, you learn tolerance.
0 个新帖子