"Bowl of Red (The Shifter Series)" by Sarah A. Hoyt

Lynn McGuire

Dec 5, 2022, 4:32:34 PM12/5/22
"Bowl of Red (The Shifter Series)" by Sarah A. Hoyt
https://www.amazon.com/Bowl-Red-Shifter-Sarah-Hoyt/dp/1630110337/

Book number four of a four book fantasy series. I read the well printed
(but the font could have been one point bigger) and well bound POD
(print on demand) trade paperback published by Golport Press in 2022. I
do not know if there will be any more books in the series but I will
purchase and read them if so.

It was time for Ragnarok and all the gods must die. Many millennia ago,
several alien species arrived at Earth and took on human forms to blend
in, retaining their old forms as dragons, lions, alligators, oxen,
otters, panthers, century birds, spider monkeys, rats, etc, etc, etc to
be shifted to at their will or need. They are incredibly long lived.
Now it is the time for heads of the shifter clans to be weighed and
challenged for the leadership.

Tom is a dragon shape shifter and his girlfriend Kyrie is panther shape
shifter. Tom is the inheritor to the Great Sky Dragon of the eastern
dragon clan and in dragon form weighs many tons (yup, no conservation of
mass in this series). Tom and Kyrie are also the owners of The George
Diner in Goldport, Colorado and getting married today as Kyrie will be
delivering their child soon. But the Ragnarok is upon them for a
whirlwind two days.

The author has an incredibly busy and active weblog at:
https://accordingtohoyt.com/
I do not how she has time to write. Warning, she is strongly
opinionated, Portuguese born, and a Heinlein apologist.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (52 ratings)

Lynn