Pearls Before Swine: Telemarketer Calls

Lynn McGuire

Nov 30, 2022, 2:21:07 PM11/30/22
Pearls Before Swine: Telemarketer Calls
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/11/30

Oh my !

Wait, does that mean that Pig is a billionaire ?

Lynn

pete...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2022, 7:04:54 PM11/30/22
The joke doesn't really work. Musk's net worth is still at 191 billion.
The Twitter adventure hasn't come close to bankrupting him.

Pt

Lynn McGuire

Nov 30, 2022, 7:36:20 PM11/30/22
The joke works fine. Musk may be worth $191 billion but he could be
cash poor now. In other words, his bank account is empty.

Lynn

Ninapenda Jibini

Nov 30, 2022, 11:35:32 PM11/30/22
Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote in
I suspect that if he's *worth* $191 billion, he cantake out whatever
short term loans he needs for his immediate needs. And you can bet
that even if Twitter ends up in bankruptcy, it's a separate
corporation, which will protect his other wealth.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Nov 30, 2022, 11:47:33 PM11/30/22
In article <XnsAF5FD17475DCt...@85.12.62.232>,
Ninapenda Jibini <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On 11/30/2022 6:04 PM, pete...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The joke doesn't really work. Musk's net worth is still at 191
>>> billion. The Twitter adventure hasn't come close to bankrupting
>>> him.
>>>
>>> Pt
>>
>> The joke works fine. Musk may be worth $191 billion but he
>> could be cash poor now. In other words, his bank account is
>> empty.
>>
>I suspect that if he's *worth* $191 billion, he cantake out whatever
>short term loans he needs for his immediate needs. And you can bet
>that even if Twitter ends up in bankruptcy, it's a separate
>corporation, which will protect his other wealth.

I suspect the acquistion puts his life in more danger than his fortune.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

pete...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 9:06:20 AM12/1/22
One worry I have is China leaning on him to make Twitter more
China-friendly. Tesla has a huge investment and market in China,
which gives them leverage.

pt

Scott Lurndal

Dec 1, 2022, 10:27:41 AM12/1/22
"pete...@gmail.com" <pete...@gmail.com> writes:
>On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 2:21:07 PM UTC-5, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Pearls Before Swine: Telemarketer Calls
>> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/11/30
>>
>> Oh my !
>>
>> Wait, does that mean that Pig is a billionaire ?
>
>The joke doesn't really work. Musk's net worth is still at 191 billion.

Of course, that number relies on him being able to sell all of
his TSLA at the current market price. Which is not likely.

>The Twitter adventure hasn't come close to bankrupting him.

It certainly hasn't enhanced his reputation, such as it was.

pete...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 10:38:21 AM12/1/22
Absolutely.

pt

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Dec 1, 2022, 10:45:37 AM12/1/22
In article <7995ba95-ca20-4b66...@googlegroups.com>,
It hasn't enhanced his reputation with the kind of people who buy Teslas.

pete...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 10:50:56 AM12/1/22
On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 10:45:37 AM UTC-5, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <7995ba95-ca20-4b66...@googlegroups.com>,
> pete...@gmail.com <pete...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Of course, that number relies on him being able to sell all of
> >> his TSLA at the current market price. Which is not likely.
> >> It certainly hasn't enhanced his reputation, such as it was.
> >
> >Absolutely.

> It hasn't enhanced his reputation with the kind of people who buy Teslas.

I resemble that remark :-)

Nor with the people invested in TSLA stock.

pt

Scott Lurndal

Dec 1, 2022, 11:12:43 AM12/1/22
A remark I resemble :-)

pete...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 11:38:45 AM12/1/22
On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 11:12:43 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> "pete...@gmail.com" <pete...@gmail.com> writes:
> >On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 10:45:37 AM UTC-5, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

> >> It hasn't enhanced his reputation with the kind of people who buy Teslas.
> >
> >I resemble that remark :-)
> >
> >Nor with the people invested in TSLA stock.
> A remark I resemble :-)

Ditto, since early 2020.

pt

Scott Lurndal

Dec 1, 2022, 12:01:42 PM12/1/22
I got in at day one (IPO day on the market)
which puts the cost basis at around $1.20/share after
both splits.

pete...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 1:19:28 PM12/1/22
Good for you! I'm at about $30.

My AAPL stock has a cost basis of about $0.11/share, but that's
dumb luck.

pt

Scott Lurndal

Dec 1, 2022, 1:55:13 PM12/1/22
I haven't been in AAPL for long; IIRC, the cost basis in in the $10.00/share range
after a couple splits.

VRSN, on the other hand, due to the return of capital when they spun
off the certificate business to symantec, has a cost basis of zero.

Ninapenda Jibini

Dec 1, 2022, 10:09:09 PM12/1/22
t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote in
You're a loon.

WolfFan

Dec 3, 2022, 4:35:56 PM12/3/22
On Nov 30, 2022, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan wrote
(in article <juqpv1...@mid.individual.net>):
That is... quite unlikely. I’d really like to see some justification for
that comment. I really would. Little things, such as, oh...

1. Who’d be wanting him dead

2. what motive would (1.) above have for wanting him dead?

Ninapenda Jibini

Dec 3, 2022, 4:40:23 PM12/3/22
WolfFan <akwo...@zoho.com> wrote in
It's just another insane revenge fantasy by a lefty moonbat.

> 1. Who’d be wanting him dead

Lefties, who have begun to realize that Musk would rather kill
Twitter than let it continue to be leftist propaganda.

> 2. what motive would (1.) above have for wanting him dead?

He's shit all over their provite sandbox, which is not *his*
private sandbox. And that's enough, for lefty moonbats.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Dec 3, 2022, 4:46:50 PM12/3/22
In article <XnsAF628B111EDD3...@85.12.62.232>,
Hey, I'm a wingnut! I'm worried about the moonbats!

https://babylonbee.com/news/elon-musk-vows-to-reveal-governmentmedia-collusion-once-he-figures-out-where-these-red-dots-are-coming-from

>> 1. Who’d be wanting him dead
>
>Lefties, who have begun to realize that Musk would rather kill
>Twitter than let it continue to be leftist propaganda.
>>
>> 2. what motive would (1.) above have for wanting him dead?
>>
>He's shit all over their provite sandbox, which is not *his*
>private sandbox. And that's enough, for lefty moonbats.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 3, 2022, 9:43:43 PM12/3/22
The extreme right and extreme left political wings in the US.

> 2. what motive would (1.) above have for wanting him dead?

For jerking both of them around with his incoherent "moderation" policies.

dirty old man.

Ninapenda Jibini

Dec 4, 2022, 11:10:09 PM12/4/22
t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote in
I suspect you actually believe that's a real article.

Paul S Person

Dec 5, 2022, 12:24:27 PM12/5/22
>> https://babylonbee.com/news/elon-rusk-vows-to-reveal-governmentme
>> dia-collusion-once-he-figures-out-where-these-red-dots-are-coming
>> -from
>
>I suspect you actually believe that's a real article.

It's as real as any other article on that site.

It's just not /true/, being a satire.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Ninapenda Jibini

Dec 7, 2022, 10:25:42 PM12/7/22
Paul S Person <pspe...@old.netcom.invalid> wrote in
You don't believe it's not true, do you?