Arlo and Janis: The New Moon

Lynn McGuire

Jan 17, 2022, 3:18:32 PM1/17/22
Arlo and Janis: The New Moon
https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2022/01/17

The new moon was beautiful last night at 7 pm. And very bright while we
were out walking a mile.

Lynn

Ross Presser

Jan 17, 2022, 5:51:25 PM1/17/22
I guess you meant "the newly FULL moon". New moon is when you can't
see it (or can barely see it).

James Nicoll

Jan 17, 2022, 5:54:47 PM1/17/22
In article <ff9bf544-4021-49e1...@googlegroups.com>,
It would have been bright on the sunlight side, though.

Michael Trew

Jan 17, 2022, 7:33:44 PM1/17/22
Interesting... I've never seen Arlo and Janis in color. My local paper
only carries them on week days and Saturday, no Sunday strip. I've been
reading them for years, but all of our M-Sa strips are B&W only.

Are the characters always in grayscale? What color is Ludwig?? Lol

Lynn McGuire

Jan 17, 2022, 7:43:31 PM1/17/22
The previous day's comics is in warm earth tones.
https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2022/01/16

Lynn

Lynn McGuire

Jan 17, 2022, 8:52:02 PM1/17/22
On 1/17/2022 6:33 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
Ludwig appears to be blue.
https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2022/01/15

Lynn

Robert Carnegie

Jan 18, 2022, 10:35:22 AM1/18/22
On Monday, 17 January 2022 at 22:54:47 UTC, James Nicoll wrote:
> In article <ff9bf544-4021-49e1...@googlegroups.com>,
> Ross Presser <rpre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 3:18:32 PM UTC-5, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> >> Arlo and Janis: The New Moon
> >> https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2022/01/17
> >>
> >> The new moon was beautiful last night at 7 pm. And very bright while we
> >> were out walking a mile.
> >
> >I guess you meant "the newly FULL moon". New moon is when you can't
> >see it (or can barely see it).
> It would have been bright on the sunlight side, though.

I don't think Lynn was walking on the sunlight side of
the moon.

He said it was night, after all.

I suppose the crescent moon can be "bright" without
providing a lot of illumination.

Theoretically, most stars in the night sky are roughly
as bright as the sun, but, from our point of view, smaller.

pete...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 11:45:31 AM1/18/22
Lynn posted on the 17th, so presumably took his walk on
the 16th. The moon was actually full on the 17th, but would have
been almost indistinguishable from full on the 16th.

pt

Michael Trew

Jan 19, 2022, 12:29:58 AM1/19/22
Haha, thanks