"Sol Survivors" by Ken Benton

Lynn McGuire

Mar 2, 2021, 8:32:07 PM3/2/21
"Sol Survivors" by Ken Benton
https://www.amazon.com/Sol-Survivors-Ken-Benton/dp/1710990813/

Book number one of a two book fantasy apocalyptic series. I read the
well printed and well bound trade paperback POD (print on demand) self
published on Amazon in 2019. I ordered the second book in the series
dead tree book from Amazon last night, they printed it in Coppell, TX
(300 miles north of here) and just delivered it to me ! The Print On
Demand book says printed in Coppell, TX on March 1, 2021. Which, I am
reading now.

The Earth gets two days warning of a major solar flare event of a
magnitude not seen before. The protagonist and his girlfriend with a
couple of other people take off from Washington DC to his off the grid
house in Tennessee through 500 miles of chaos, dead modern cars, dying
cities, thieves and murderers, and martial law across the USA.

After the solar flare passes and destroys most electronics and the
electrical grids, it is noted that the sun has changed somewhat. People
are now less sensitive to the sun and continue the normal pattern of
working during the day and sleeping at night. Other people become very
sensitive to the sun and nocturnal, sleeping during the day, and awake
during the nighttime.

The author has a website at:
http://survivaltales.com/

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars (84 reviews)

Lynn