So what is the "Kurtherian Gambit" anyway?

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 16, 2017, 12:29:32 AM8/16/17
Amazon keeps recommending "Kurtherian Gambit" books to me. I haven't
seen one that looked like I wanted to read it yet, but I note they
seem to be all over the map as far as setting and characters goe.
So what's the relationship, concept or unifying factor here?
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Quadibloc

Aug 16, 2017, 12:48:03 AM8/16/17
On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 10:29:32 PM UTC-6, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> Amazon keeps recommending "Kurtherian Gambit" books to me. I haven't
> seen one that looked like I wanted to read it yet, but I note they
> seem to be all over the map as far as setting and characters goe.
> So what's the relationship, concept or unifying factor here?

I did some searching. The first book in the series is "Death Becomes Her".
Apparently Bethany Anne is to become the new Queen of the vampires after the
Patriarch needs to abdicate... and she discovers that their Hidden World is in
danger.

I can think of a number of possible reasons why a series with a start like that
might end up "all over the map". She might 'save the world' after the initial
trilogy or whatever, and so the remaining books need to have new premises, and
need to avoid being repetitive. Apparently they've gotten good reviews -
claiming the series gets better as it goes on, instead of meeting the usual fate
of series that go to 15 novels or so.

Thus, apparently this variety is a feature, not a bug.

John Savard

Quadibloc

Aug 16, 2017, 12:49:58 AM8/16/17
On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 10:48:03 PM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:

> Thus, apparently this variety is a feature, not a bug.

Think "Llana of Gathol" versus "Tarzan and the Foreign Legion".

John Savard

tms4...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2017, 6:27:53 AM10/11/17
If you are a Kindle Unlimited member, the ENTIRE series is available to read for free. If not a member, the Kindle cost is $4. Try the first book and see if you like it.

Richard Hershberger

Oct 11, 2017, 8:56:12 AM10/11/17
In my old age, my time and attention is the limitation, not the price of the book. A self-published (or nearly so) ebook series of apparently unlimited duration? You would have to pay me, and more than four dollars.

Richard R. Hershberger