Today's momentous discovery

James Nicoll

Mar 18, 2023, 9:51:26 AM3/18/23
Walter Brooks' Freddy the Pig (which feature a mystery-solving pig
named Freddy) are in the public domain in Canada.

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 18, 2023, 12:45:16 PM3/18/23
On 3/18/2023 6:51 AM, James Nicoll wrote:
> Walter Brooks' Freddy the Pig (which feature a mystery-solving pig
> named Freddy) are in the public domain in Canada.

I understand Texas has a similar problem with free-ranging hogs. :P

dirty old man.

Dudley Brooks

Mar 24, 2023, 9:53:54 PM3/24/23
On 3/18/23 6:51 AM, James Nicoll wrote:

> Walter Brooks' Freddy the Pig (which feature a mystery-solving pig
> named Freddy) are in the public domain in Canada.

Yay! One of my faves when I was a kid ... even though everyone in them
was a Republican. But that was appropriate for the locale.

Space Cat was my other fave.

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!

Lynn McGuire

Mar 24, 2023, 11:52:15 PM3/24/23
On 3/18/2023 11:45 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 3/18/2023 6:51 AM, James Nicoll wrote:
>> Walter Brooks' Freddy the Pig (which feature a mystery-solving pig
>> named Freddy) are in the public domain in Canada.
>>
> I understand Texas has a similar problem with free-ranging hogs.  :P

We call them Feral Pigs.

Lynn

Quadibloc

Mar 25, 2023, 2:26:10 AM3/25/23
On Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 7:51:26 AM UTC-6, James Nicoll wrote:
> Walter Brooks' Freddy the Pig (which feature a mystery-solving pig
> named Freddy) are in the public domain in Canada.

Of course, though, this is now a post with a confusing title.

Because only a few days later, a *real* momentous discovery
has been made!

https://kottke.org/23/03/a-potential-major-discovery-an-aperiodic-monotile

John Savard

pete...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2023, 12:01:53 AM3/26/23
That's cool.

I find one vendor online selling actual ceramic Penrose tiles, but they're
handmade, fairly large, and $45/square foot. I'm surprised no manufacturer
Is making these. Perhaps it's because large blocks glued onto cloth grids
can't be made.

Pt