Robert Jordan Letter

1 view

Carolyn Fusinato

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
Board: MYTH & FANTASY BB
Topic: ROBERT JORDAN
Subject: EXCERPTS FROM RJ

To: ALL Date: 05/31
From: TTKX18B AUSTIN SIRKIN Time: 8:15 PM

I recently recieved a letter from RJ. I'm posting all of the
info I think is worthwhile. Have fun!

"I wrote "Jak o'the Shadows" to the tune of "Gary Owen," but
I suppose anybody can put the words to what they wish."

"No, I'm not opposed at all to the idea of a WHEEL OF TIME
movie"

"Wait till the Guide to THE WHEEL is out and check a copy.
There will be some stuff that isn't in the books. Maps,
expansion on some material, historical notes, that sort of
thing."

"The unabridged audio tape should be neat, nifty, and other
outdated slang. It will be just what it says: every word of
the books. I am talking with the audio publisher about
having sections from a male point-of-view read by a man and
those from a female point-of-view read by a woman. I think
it will make it even better."

"I'm not signing any books soon, just writing one."

I hope this helps you guys out. BTW, anyone know the song
"Gary Owen"? Just checking....

Master Gode
PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service - Date: 06/01 Time: 9:11 AM

Board: MYTH & FANTASY BB
Topic: ROBERT JORDAN

To: TTKX18B AUSTIN SIRKIN Date: 05/31
From: QEDW78A MICHAEL HOLCOMB Time: 10:43 PM

The song Garyowen is an old (200 yrs+) Irish drinking
ballad that honored the men of the town of the same name.
It is played like a jig (ie.fast) and the lyrics are as
follows:
"Let Bacchus' sons be not dismayed,
But join with me, each jovial blade.
Come booze and sing, and lend your aid,
To help me with the chorus.

Instead of Spa we'll drink down ale,
And pay the reckoning on the nail,
No man for debt shall go to jail,
From Garyowen in glory."

Hope that helps a little.
Gaul
PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service - Date: 06/01 Time: 9:11 AM