Great Spoiler Towers of Midnight Moments

TB

Dec 22, 2010, 2:12:40 AM12/22/10
1

Graendal faking her death by having her hench women (Delana and
Aran'gar) place Compulsion Weaves on Rand's minion Piqor Ramshalan
(instead of herself), then leaving them to be Balefired! Kudos to
Graendal for her cleverness!

Berelain and Faille pretending to be friends to quash rumors of
Perrin sleeping with Berelain.

Berelain falling for the Lord Commander of the Whitecloaks.

Ituralde's guerrilla warfare against Trollocs in a city.

Mat shoving a gholam off a platform into a Traveling void.

The Seanchan learning how to Travel.

Perrin's battle with Slayer over a "dreamspike", Egwene's
corresponding battle against the BA and Messana in dreamland, and
Gawyn's battle against 3 Seanchan assassins in Egwene's bedroom.

Perrin rescuing a Whitecloak army from Trollocs.

Aviendha seeing the FUTURE of the Aiel, in which they instigate
a war with the Seanchan and get whipped.

Nemo

Dec 23, 2010, 9:48:12 AM12/23/10

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Hench women or wench homen? Or Homentashen?

http://jewishappleseed.org/apple/hamnrecp.htm

Not Vegan though.

> Berelain and Faille pretending to be friends to quash rumors of
> Perrin sleeping with Berelain.
>
> Berelain falling for the Lord Commander of the Whitecloaks.
>
> Ituralde's guerrilla warfare against Trollocs in a city.

Iyyy thried to Ituralde once but it ran away.

> Mat shoving a gholam off a platform into a Traveling void.

. . after they'd void for position at the edge of the platform?

> The Seanchan learning how to Travel.
>
> Perrin's battle with Slayer over a "dreamspike", Egwene's
> corresponding battle against the BA and Messana in dreamland, and
> Gawyn's battle against 3 Seanchan assassins in Egwene's bedroom.
>
> Perrin rescuing a Whitecloak army from Trollocs.
>
> Aviendha seeing the FUTURE of the Aiel, in which they instigate
> a war with the Seanchan and get whipped.

Aiel usually gets poured into a galss and drunked - by Norman
Seanchan-Stevas!

Rejnold Byzio

Dec 30, 2010, 4:05:57 PM12/30/10
> "TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>> 1
>>
>> Berelain falling for the Lord Commander of the Whitecloaks.

As predicted (by Min I believe).

>> Mat shoving a gholam off a platform into a Traveling void.

*That* was nice. Not to the gholam of course. :-)

>> The Seanchan learning how to Travel.
>>
>> Perrin's battle with Slayer over a "dreamspike", Egwene's
>> corresponding battle against the BA and Messana in dreamland, and
>> Gawyn's battle against 3 Seanchan assassins in Egwene's bedroom.

Can we safely assume the other one is in the Tel'aran'rhiod version of
the Black Tower? And Taim is connected with Moridin?

>> Aviendha seeing the FUTURE of the Aiel, in which they instigate
>> a war with the Seanchan and get whipped.

Just before her last passage through the columns I realized that
Aviendha saw her last descendant die in the first one.

The split point is presumably at the next meeting of Rand and Tuon.

TB

Jan 2, 2011, 5:49:23 AM1/2/11
to tsbr...@gmail.com
On Dec 30 2010, 1:05 pm, Rejnold Byzio <rby...@netscape.net> wrote:

Fortuona. She changed her name when she became Empress.

Last Battle prediction: Rand and company are at the brink of defeat,
when suddenly, a bunch of Gateways appear IN THE AIR! Out of the
Gateways fly lots of Raken and To'Raken, loaded with sul'dam/damane
pairs. Leading the flock is Empress Fortuona, who is holding the
leash of a damane named Suffra. The damane open fire on the Trollocs
below, saving the day.

Don Stockbauer

Jan 4, 2011, 2:58:18 AM1/4/11

The only way to win is to not play.

TB

Jan 4, 2011, 7:32:46 PM1/4/11

If Rand and company don't fight in the Last Battle, the Dark One will
destroy the universe!

Xalorous

Jan 14, 2011, 9:46:23 PM1/14/11
On Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:12:40 AM UTC+1, TB wrote:
> Graendal faking her death by having her hench women (Delana and
> Aran'gar) place Compulsion Weaves on Rand's minion Piqor Ramshalan
> (instead of herself), then leaving them to be Balefired! Kudos to
> Graendal for her cleverness!

This came off as Deus Ex Machina to me. I was not convinced that Graendal's plan - to send Ramshalan back with a confusing mixture of saidar and saidin compulsion weaves - would have even the remotest chance of working against anyone, much less Rand and company.

I just don't see any kind of motivation there for Graendal to handle this situation in the way it is laid out here. From the outside looking in, we can see that the author needed to explain Graendal's survival. Rand found compulsion in his messenger, so assumed Graendal was dead. Yet Graendal had a further role to play. I just wish the mechanism was less visible.

I do like the last second exit Graendal makes, dooming Aran'gar and Delana.

Xalorous

Jan 14, 2011, 9:49:56 PM1/14/11
Rand already said he won't be fighting in the battle. I assume he'll be sealing the Bore.

Timothy Bruening

Dec 6, 2021, 7:56:37 PM12/6/21
But how did she know that Rand would try to balefire her?