Who is Gaidal Cain reborned as ?

Kenneth Tan

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
adventures (tFoH).

Harrington Family

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

Kenneth Tan (dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:

: Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?

: According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
: adventures (tFoH).

I have a couple of theories about this.
1.) He was ripped from Tel'aran'rhiod much the same way that Birgitte
was, but ended up somewhere where he has not been found. This would make
any relationship between himself and Birgitte still possible.
2.) He will be reborn as the child of Avienda(sp?) and Rand. Kinda
cool, but could get wierd.

-----
-Ezra Harrington

"---n the beginning Man
| created God; and in
| the image of Man
--- created he him."
-Ian Anderson

Karl-Johan Noren

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

In article <4n9hf0$1...@madeline.INS.CWRU.Edu>
dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kenneth Tan) writes:

> Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
> According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
> adventures (tFoH).

Probably, but it has been discussed a lot earlier.

Check the WoT FAQ for most proposed candidates. You can get it
via anonymous FTP at

ftp://ftp.cc.gatech.edu/pub/people/viren/jordan/Current.FAQ

or via WWW by following links from my Jordan page at

http://www.dsv.su.se/~k-j-nore/jordan.html

Or by sending an empty mail to

jor...@bjc.carenet.org

(beware, the FAQ is 300K, so it might blow your mailbox if
you have limits on it).
--
Karl-Johan Norén (Noren with acute e) -- k-j-...@dsv.su.se
http://www.dsv.su.se/~k-j-nore/

Stephen Knowles

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

In article <4nasrf$9...@daily-planet.execpc.com>,
har...@earth.execpc.comŽ says...

>Kenneth Tan (dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:
>

>: Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?

>: According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
>: adventures (tFoH).
>
>I have a couple of theories about this.
>1.) He was ripped from Tel'aran'rhiod much the same way that Birgitte
>was, but ended up somewhere where he has not been found. This would
make
>any relationship between himself and Birgitte still possible.
>2.) He will be reborn as the child of Avienda(sp?) and Rand. Kinda
>cool, but could get wierd.
>
>-----
>-Ezra Harrington
>
>"---n the beginning Man
> | created God; and in
> | the image of Man
> --- created he him."
> -Ian Anderson

I think one of the established theories is that he may be the son of
Perrin and Faile.

"Some call me...
...Tim."
YKYBRTMRJ when you say to yourself, "Blood and ashes, I've been reading
too much bloody flaming Robert Jordan!"

George Abraham

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kenneth Tan) wrote:

>Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
>According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
>adventures (tFoH).

I believe that Cain is now Olver

Dean Marcoux

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

In article <4n9hf0$1...@madeline.INS.CWRU.Edu>,

dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kenneth Tan) wrote:

>Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
>According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
>adventures (tFoH).

Myself I think he has been reborn as Oliver, I don't have any evidence but I
just have this really strong huntch that Gaidal Cain is Oliver. I tried
posting this as a subject for debate as Oliver but nobody has responded.

Dean Marcoux

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

In article <4nd0mk$1b...@darwin.nbnet.nb.ca>,
Forgot to tell you please email me at bea...@atcon.com

Dominic Edridge

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

I posted it as well ages ago and started a massive debate - everyone's
just bored by it now. Got some good arguments though.

In Britain the publishing date for CoS is July 3 or August depending upon
which source you ask! What's the latest in the USA. Apparently the
publisher's date is always bollocks 'cos there are using it as insurance
against delays etc. Oh, well just as well it's not coming before my
exams!

Dominic Edridge

Trevor Martin Medina

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

Kenneth Tan (dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:

: Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
: According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
: adventures (tFoH).

There are several theories floating around--

Olver, child with Mat
son of Rand and Aviendha (or Elayne or Min)
Son of Faile and Perrin
my personal vote- Aram. Olver was the child that Gaidal Cain would have
been born into, but when he lost Brigette, he opted for a more aggressive
tactic. Either that, or Aram is the tinker Darkfriend that we see when
we learn that the Whitecloak Questioner is also Darkfriend.

Another reason for Aram, to my thinking, is that the Day of
Reckoning will soon be upon Randland. Aram is close to being ready for
the Final Battle already, although he has yet to use two swords.

Cheers,
Trevor

Brian Ritchie

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

de...@nbcc.mocton.nbnet.nb.ca (Dean Marcoux) wrote:

>In article <4n9hf0$1...@madeline.INS.CWRU.Edu>,

> dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kenneth Tan) wrote:
>>

>>Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
>>According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
>>adventures (tFoH).

>Myself I think he has been reborn as Oliver, I don't have any evidence but I
>just have this really strong huntch that Gaidal Cain is Oliver. I tried
>posting this as a subject for debate as Oliver but nobody has responded.

Gaidal Cain reborn as an orphan named Oliver? Great, now Jordan is
ripping off Dickens! Who's next on the list?

Brian Ritchie "Nobody will fly for a thousand years!"
gt8...@prism.gatech.edu Wilbur Wright, 1901
Aerospace Engineering major
(I really am a rocket scientist!)

Jakob Nilsson

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96
says...

>Myself I think he has been reborn as Oliver, I don't have any evidence but I
>just have this really strong huntch that Gaidal Cain is Oliver. I tried
>posting this as a subject for debate as Oliver but nobody has responded.

This has been debated for so many times in this newsgroup so I guess
everyone is a bit fed up with it thats probobly why nobody responded.

/Jakob

an afterthought which subject has not been debated numerous times here ?
but then "repetition is the mother of all knowledge"
(and Nowak is the father it seems)

John W. Schwegler

May 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/16/96

Kenneth Tan (dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:
: Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
: According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
: adventures (tFoH).

I think it's fairly obvious.

Mat and Verin's son.

After all, since Verin is Mat's daughter, the kid has some
serious genetic problems anyway, which takes care of the
"ugly" part. Also, whichever parent the kid tags along with
is sure to give him plenty of adventure. Speaking of which ...

So I guess you're wondering now, "Mat and Verin's son? Who? What? Where?"
Easy, if you've been paying attention.

Olver, of course. You see, Olver was Verin's love child by Mat in a
fevered off-stage T'AR episode, where time runs in strange ways. Olver
was then placed with another family that later "conveniently" died
(c'mon, you didn't find that suspicious?), so that Mat could pick him up.

Really, the things that Verin will do to get Mat to watch his own son.

HTH!

-john
"Genius may have its limitations, | John Schwegler
but stupidity is not thus | Temple U. Auditory Research Dept.
handicapped." | jo...@flower.aud.temple.edu
- Elbert Hubbard | (215) 707-3687 FAX 707-3650

Is that obvious enough for everyone?

John C Mumaw

May 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/16/96

In article <4ndlii$e...@mordred.gatech.edu>,

Brian Ritchie <gt8...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:

>Gaidal Cain reborn as an orphan named Oliver? Great, now Jordan is
>ripping off Dickens! Who's next on the list?

Padan Fain as Miles Copperthwaite. The drool buckets would come in handy. :-)

-john
--
John C. Mumaw jmu...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (614)292-6314
Ohio State University Libraries Columbus, Ohio

Trevor Martin Medina

May 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/16/96

Dominic Edridge (da...@cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: I posted it as well ages ago and started a massive debate - everyone's

In a month starting with "J"--either June or July, the 14th, I
think. I've already seen the notices encouraging people to "reserve
their copy now!" in bookstores. I was too busy cleaning my drool from
the carpeting to actually fill out any paperwork, though.

Cheers,
Trevor

: Dominic Edridge

'grrrr...' E Bianco

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

In article <4nb9i0$8...@daily-planet.execpc.com>,

Stephen Knowles <s...@execpc.com> wrote:
>In article <4nasrf$9...@daily-planet.execpc.com>,
>har...@earth.execpc.comŽ says...
>>
>>Kenneth Tan (dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu) wrote:
>>

>>: Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
>>: According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
>>: adventures (tFoH).
>>
>>I have a couple of theories about this.
>>1.) He was ripped from Tel'aran'rhiod much the same way that Birgitte
>>was, but ended up somewhere where he has not been found. This would
>make
>>any relationship between himself and Birgitte still possible.
>>2.) He will be reborn as the child of Avienda(sp?) and Rand. Kinda
>>cool, but could get wierd.
>
>I think one of the established theories is that he may be the son of
>Perrin and Faile.

Actually, a _very_ reliable source has told me that Olv^H^H^HGaidal Cain
is in fact going to be birthed by Birgette.
I want a death by misadventure,
Wanna be found face down in some dudes pool.
Ain't gonna live to wear no dentures.
When I die, dude, it's gonna be real kewl!

Your_Full_Name

May 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/18/96

He is that ugly kid who follows Matt around

Tshen

May 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/19/96

Your_Full_Name (User...@teach.cs.keele.ac.uk) wrote:
: He is that ugly kid who follows Matt around

Stop saying nasty things like that about Elayne!
She is my most favorite Forsaken!

--Tshen
Qodaxti Institute, 87th stratum

Edward Liu

May 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/19/96

Too many unsubstantiated assumptions. From what I remember, there is no
REAL evidence that Aviendha or Faile (or Elayne or Min) are pregnant. No
mention of throwing up in the morning, craving food, etc. Just some weird
looks and behavior from Aviendha but, hey, she's a woman. Chance of Aram
being Gaidal is about as much as Mat, Perrin, or Moiraine (might as throw
that one in there). And Aram is also a pretty boy. That's not conclusive
evidence there, but it's something against nothing. I don't understand
why Aram has to be that particular Darkfriend in the prologue of TGH.
What is there only five Travelling people left, so, therefore, the
probability that he is a DF is pretty high? ????

Dave Hemming

May 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/19/96

On 15 May 1996 16:28:04 GMT, de...@nbcc.mocton.nbnet.nb.ca (Dean
Marcoux) spake thusly:

>In article <4n9hf0$1...@madeline.INS.CWRU.Edu>,

> dh...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kenneth Tan) wrote:
>>

>>Anybody wanna speculate who Gaidal Cain is reborned as ?
>>According to Birgette (sp ?), he's always getting into
>>adventures (tFoH).

>Myself I think he has been reborn as Oliver, I don't have any evidence but I

>just have this really strong huntch that Gaidal Cain is Oliver. I tried
>posting this as a subject for debate as Oliver but nobody has responded.

A chorus of "Got to Gut a Trolloc or Two", anyone?

"Please sir, can I have some more? Or I'll rip out yer liver."

It's _Olver_, by the way.

Dave
----------------Dave Hemming-------------------------
"Nothing ever burns down by itself,
Every fire needs a little bit of help." - Chumbawamba
---------...@waverider.co.uk------------------

Karl-Johan Noren

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

gt8...@prism.gatech.edu (Brian Ritchie) writes:

> de...@nbcc.mocton.nbnet.nb.ca (Dean Marcoux) wrote:
>
> >Myself I think he has been reborn as Oliver, I don't have any
> >evidence but I just have this really strong huntch that Gaidal Cain
> >is Oliver. I tried posting this as a subject for debate as Oliver
> >but nobody has responded.
>

> Gaidal Cain reborn as an orphan named Oliver? Great, now Jordan is
> ripping off Dickens! Who's next on the list?

That Rand will become 6" tall and make a tour of Randland
together with a goose. [-5 pts for Swedes who don't get it,
5 pts for others]