The Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime

Scott Lurndal

Nov 18, 2021, 3:35:48 PM11/18/21
First five eps drop tomorrow.

(Bland yet watchable per some early reviews)

Jason Evans

Nov 19, 2021, 7:51:28 AM11/19/21
On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 20:35:46 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:

> First five eps drop tomorrow.
>
> (Bland yet watchable per some early reviews)

I'm going to watch it, but I don't have high hopes being that it's a
modern adaptation.

I also still don't like the casting especially Moiraine who in the books
is probably in her 40's and Rosamund Pike is 42 but an Aes Sedai isn't
supposed to look her age. Rosamund Pike in the trailer certainly doesn't
look "ageless".

Scott Lurndal

Nov 19, 2021, 10:00:24 AM11/19/21
I read an interview with the showrunner over the summer where he talked
about that in particular - they decided that 'ageless' wasn't something
they were going to attempt to mimic.

fingolfinon

Nov 20, 2021, 12:50:19 AM11/20/21
It seems like they won't be attempting to mimic much at all....

Scott Lurndal

Nov 21, 2021, 10:54:27 AM11/21/21
Matrim as a petty thief? What else can they screw up?

Jason Evans

Nov 22, 2021, 6:18:10 AM11/22/21
On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:54:25 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:

> Matrim as a petty thief? What else can they screw up?

Let's see... Egwene is now Ta'veren. Perrin killed his wife (not Faile)
and Rand had been sleeping with Egwene instead of being shy and naive
around women.

Brandon Sanderson is a producer on the show. He should have had more
respect for the source material.

Nicolas George

Nov 22, 2021, 6:53:57 AM11/22/21
Jason Evans , dans le message <snfu9g$7d6$1...@theuse.news.theuse.net>, a
écrit :
> Brandon Sanderson is a producer on the show. He should have had more
> respect for the source material.

Or maybe he considers the show is better for the changes, either because it
makes for less annoying characters (Rand: “Mat knows women.”, Mat: “Perrin
knows women.”, Perrin: “Rand knows women.”, sigh), or more suited for
television (introducing characters more progressively).

No source material is perfect, and even if it were, it would not transpose
as is on another medium.

Nicolas George

Nov 22, 2021, 6:57:36 AM11/22/21
Nicolas George , dans le message
<619b84d4$0$3696$426a...@news.free.fr>, a écrit :
> Or maybe he considers the show is better for the changes, either because it
> makes for less annoying characters (Rand: “Mat knows women.”, Mat: “Perrin
> knows women.”, Perrin: “Rand knows women.”, sigh), or more suited for
> television (introducing characters more progressively).
>
> No source material is perfect, and even if it were, it would not transpose
> as is on another medium.

I am much more worried about how they will negotiate the pretense they do
not know the Dragon must be a dude with the inherent sexism of the magic
system that is built in most aspects of the story.

jjvors

Nov 25, 2021, 2:24:01 PM11/25/21
Didn't Matrim steal some pies from the Winespring inn?

However, Rand sleeping with Egwene is completely outside both of their character and the Two Rivers culture. Not that they didn't have sex outside marriage, but that it led to forced marriages, rather like it did in the US up through the 50s.

Perrin killed his wife? Nope. He had a girl he liked who married someone else. Unrequited love.

I still haven't seen any episodes yet. I'm getting discouraged from even trying it.

Cassie

Nov 25, 2021, 4:46:53 PM11/25/21
Op 18-11-2021 om 21:35 schreef Scott Lurndal:
> First five eps drop tomorrow.
>
> (Bland yet watchable per some early reviews)

You mean three episodes. Next one tomorrow.

--
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Scott Lurndal

Nov 26, 2021, 5:13:07 PM11/26/21
jjvors <jjv...@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>On Monday, November 22, 2021 at 5:18:10 AM UTC-6, Jason Evans wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:54:25 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>>
>> > Matrim as a petty thief? What else can they screw up?
>> Let's see... Egwene is now Ta'veren. Perrin killed his wife (not Faile)
>> and Rand had been sleeping with Egwene instead of being shy and naive
>> around women.
>>
>> Brandon Sanderson is a producer on the show. He should have had more
>> respect for the source material.
>
>Didn't Matrim steal some pies from the Winespring inn?

A pie is a childhood prank. Jewelery is far different.

Nicolas George

Nov 26, 2021, 6:15:31 PM11/26/21
Scott Lurndal, dans le message <RZcoJ.82351$VS2....@fx44.iad>, a
écrit :
> A pie is a childhood prank. Jewelery is far different.

A trinket is a childhood prank. Food is far different.

This is very culture-dependant.

Timothy Bruening

Jan 20, 2022, 4:15:29 AM1/20/22
On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 12:35:48 PM UTC-8, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> First five eps drop tomorrow.
>
> (Bland yet watchable per some early reviews)

Spoilers for 1st episode regarding Perrin:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
89
99
8
9
0
-
=
\
]
[

Why did the creators of the TV version give Perrin a wife and have him kill her?