The Expanse season 6

novaste...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2021, 5:50:13 PM11/16/21

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Nov 16, 2021, 6:00:45 PM11/16/21
"novaste...@gmail.com" <novaste...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:f9cc29b2-406e-4cb7...@googlegroups.com:

> It's coming to a close, here is a preview.
>
> https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1201579-the-expanse-season
> -6-trailer

Maybe they'll finally release season 5 on disc.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

suzeeq

Nov 16, 2021, 6:19:18 PM11/16/21
On 11/16/2021 2:50 PM, novaste...@gmail.com wrote:
> It's coming to a close, here is a preview.
>
> https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1201579-the-expanse-season-6-trailer

I gave up trying to figure out where I was in the first season, or maybe
I even finished it, so decided to read the books instead. From what I
remember of what I watched, the book makes more sense anyway. I've
finished the first 3 books.

Lynn McGuire

Nov 16, 2021, 7:10:17 PM11/16/21
On 11/16/2021 4:50 PM, novaste...@gmail.com wrote:
> It's coming to a close, here is a preview.
>
> https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1201579-the-expanse-season-6-trailer

Sweet !

Lynn

novaste...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2021, 7:29:24 PM11/16/21
I know what you mean. I read all the books and just love the series, but my wife who is a SF fan is having a lot of trouble, keeps turning to me and saying "who are these guys and why are they doing that"

suzeeq

Nov 16, 2021, 8:57:52 PM11/16/21
Yeah, it's easy to lose track of who's what. With a book it seems like
seeing the name more easily leads to remembering the character. I don't
like audio books because my mind wanders too readily and I lost track of
everything. With a book, you can just reread the page.

Mike Van Pelt

Jul 6, 2022, 11:52:53 PM7/6/22
I've watched up to when the stargate thing is opened and they
(apparently) killed the protomolecule. Looks like bad stuff
is going to happen to Earth.

It kind of lost me a bit at that point. Part of my problem is
some of the actors are very hard to follow. Especially the
UN woman. I like her portrayal, but between the accent and
the sound seeming kind of muddy sometimes, I often miss what
she's saying.

I'll have to get the books.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

suzeeq

Jul 7, 2022, 12:08:23 AM7/7/22
On 7/6/2022 8:52 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <sn1nit$pr4$1...@solani.org>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com> wrote:
>> On 11/16/2021 4:29 PM, novaste...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I know what you mean. I read all the books and just love the series, but my wife who is a SF fan is having a
>> lot of trouble, keeps turning to me and saying "who are these guys and why are they doing that"
>>>
>> Yeah, it's easy to lose track of who's what. With a book it seems like
>> seeing the name more easily leads to remembering the character. I don't
>> like audio books because my mind wanders too readily and I lost track of
>> everything. With a book, you can just reread the page.
>
> I've watched up to when the stargate thing is opened and they
> (apparently) killed the protomolecule. Looks like bad stuff
> is going to happen to Earth.
>
> It kind of lost me a bit at that point. Part of my problem is
> some of the actors are very hard to follow. Especially the
> UN woman. I like her portrayal, but between the accent and
> the sound seeming kind of muddy sometimes, I often miss what
> she's saying.
>
> I'll have to get the books.

Yep, it's a better way to go. I had watched the first season, or part of
it when it first aired. I wanted to get back to it, but didn't remember
a lot of it, so when I found out about the books, I started with them.
There's 9 while the series ended wth 7 I think. I'm waiting for that
last one to be returned at the library, but in the meantime I discovered
there's a book of stories/novellas that's the lasted to be released so
am nearly done with that while I'm waiting on the last book. I've still
got lost from time to time, but wikipedia has a fairly good synopsis of
them and character bios so that's helped a lot.

T987654321

Jul 15, 2022, 2:09:53 PM7/15/22
Series started off so strong then fell off the war cliff. The last season was really odd. Each episode started with the exoplanet which was sort of interesting, then went back to the solar system which wasn't.

suzeeq

Jul 15, 2022, 3:00:52 PM7/15/22
On 7/15/2022 11:09 AM, T987654321 wrote:
> Series started off so strong then fell off the war cliff. The last season was really odd. Each episode started with the exoplanet which was sort of interesting, then went back to the solar system which wasn't.

Yeah, the book series was better. Plus it has a total of 9 books, while
the tv series only covered 6.

Jerry Brown

Jul 18, 2022, 4:49:59 PM7/18/22
On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:09:52 -0700 (PDT), T987654321
<qwrt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Series started off so strong then fell off the war cliff. The last season was really odd.

>Each episode started with the exoplanet which was sort of interesting,
They were setting up the antagonist (Duarte), supporting characters
(the kids) and one of the locations (Laconia) for the final 3 books,
preumably in hope of a reprieve or some other studio taking the show
on.

>then went back to the solar system which wasn't.

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)