Space 2099 Opening credits

Ubiquitous

Nov 30, 2021, 7:19:54 AM11/30/21
Space 2099 Opening credits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbppH0jjwmE

--
Let's go Brandon!

T987654321

Dec 3, 2021, 2:29:59 PM12/3/21
Very well made.

Surprising that the title hasn't been revived to make so crap the way Battlestar was.

Rhino

Dec 4, 2021, 2:49:03 PM12/4/21
On 2021-11-30 4:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Space 2099 Opening credits
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbppH0jjwmE

That was interesting. I had forgotten about this (aborted) reboot. I was
amused to see that Canada's own Sarah Polley was in it, as was Kelly
Reilly. Reilly currently has a lead role in Yellowstone as John Dutton's
kickass daughter.

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Dec 5, 2021, 3:23:05 AM12/5/21
There was an aborted reboot?
I thought this was totally made by fans.

Your Name

Dec 5, 2021, 4:06:50 PM12/5/21
A four-part answer:

1. There have been new "Space 1999" episodes released over
the last couple of years ago, as audio dramas by Big Finish
(the same company that does Doctor Who audio dramas).

2. There was an official reboot series/movie being planned by
"ITV America" to be called "Space 2099", but has since been
abandoned.

3. That You Tube link is for a fan-made trailer for "Space 2099"
which takes clips from other shows. Likely based on the
reports of the reboot above. There are other similar vidoes.

4. There is a fan-based reboot called "Space 2099" where
fans took the original show's episodes and 'updated' them
by altering every date reference (i.e. dialogue saying "1998"
got chopped to just "'98"). This project was dropped when the
official reboot above was announced.
<https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceOperaSociety/videos>

Rhino

Dec 5, 2021, 8:32:52 PM12/5/21
The Wikipedia article on Space: 1999 says there were at least discussions
about continuing the show but it's not clear how far they got with that.

--
Rhino

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 5, 2021, 9:53:49 PM12/5/21
Discussion by or with who? Was it all mail and/or phone?

dirty old man.

Your Name

Dec 6, 2021, 12:05:34 AM12/6/21
On 2021-12-06 02:53:50 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 12/5/2021 5:32 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>> There was an aborted reboot?
>>> I thought this was totally made by fans.
>>
>> The Wikipedia article on Space: 1999 says there were at least discussions
>> about continuing the show but it's not clear how far they got with that.
>
> Discussion by or with who? Was it all mail and/or phone?

Almost 10 years ago it was an official reboot planned by ITV Studios
America (ITV has a licensing agreement with Anderson Entertainment) in
partnership with HDFILMS ... the people who made the horrible "V"
reboot.

<https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/space-2099-television-remake-288601/>

and eight years ago it was still planned,

<https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/space-2099-reboot-series-works-executive-producer.html>

but the whole thing appears to have been quietly axed long ago since
nothing more has been heard about it.

There is an Gerry Anderson documentary (docu-drama?) in production and
due to be released on BritBox in April 2022.
<https://anderson-entertainment.co.uk/gerry-anderson-a-life-uncharted-the-definitive-gerry-anderson-documentary/>

Anderson Entertainment is also apparently re-printing some of the old
novels from the 1960s and 1970s, as well as new stories and the new
audio-dramas.
<https://anderson-entertainment.co.uk/anderson-entertainment-announces-new-publishing-venture/>

Ubiquitous

Dec 31, 2021, 4:53:34 PM12/31/21
I was only aware of the short clip with a message from "Sondra".

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 31, 2021, 6:58:31 PM12/31/21
An extra made for the DVD release.

Ubiquitous

Dec 31, 2021, 10:23:23 PM12/31/21
For some reason, I thought that was a fan film she agreed to do.

A Friend

Dec 31, 2021, 10:42:56 PM12/31/21
In article <IqmdneGqbs25VFL8...@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
"Message from Moonbase Alpha" was a fan-produced clip film with new
material featuring the Sandra Benes character. She was filmed two
weeks before the premiere at the Breakaway convention in L.A. on Sept
13 1999. The Breakaway licensing deal said the film could be shown
only once, but the deal was amended later, and the film was eventually
released as a DVD extra.

Ubiquitous

Jan 1, 2022, 12:05:30 AM1/1/22
Thank you!