QL Drinking Game

Tracy E. Finifter

Apr 2, 1993, 9:52:40 PM4/2/93
Marsh and I think we are *long* overdue for a Quantum Leap Drinking Game.
After all, Highlander has several versions in circulation on Usenet (which
I did NOT post anything to, Marsh), and Deep Space 9 even had one after the
premier. I heard that there is a QL one in a fanzine somewhere, but is quite
out of date (one of the times is when 'the rules of Quantum Leaping are
broken', or something like that, but since that would get one totally smashed
with any episode this season, I felt this one should be more specific.)

I have started compiling one, but I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has
to offer. I'll post the completed list on alt.ql.creative (or whatever passes
for that when it's done) and email anybody who wants a copy. I'm also going
to make plenty of hard copies to send to MediaWest Con with Dotty Klein.

The more obscure and humorous the reference, the better, and remember, this
is all in fun.
--
* Tracy Finifter | "But he loved pure and chaste from *
* fini...@gandalf.rutgers.edu | afar... Well, that part was never *

Miriam Ferziger

Apr 4, 1993, 8:41:54 PM4/4/93
In article <Apr.2.21.52....@gandalf.rutgers.edu>

fini...@gandalf.rutgers.edu (Tracy E. Finifter) writes:

>Marsh and I think we are *long* overdue for a Quantum Leap Drinking Game.
>After all, Highlander has several versions in circulation on Usenet (which
>I did NOT post anything to, Marsh), and Deep Space 9 even had one after
>the premier. I heard that there is a QL one in a fanzine somewhere, but
>is quite out of date (one of the times is when 'the rules of Quantum
>Leaping are broken', or something like that, but since that would get one
>totally smashed with any episode this season, I felt this one should be
>more specific.)

Well, I don't know about the drinking game you've mentioned, but my
fanzine, "Chain Reactions", which came out at the QL convention in February
has a drinking game that Mary Allison (with a little help from her friends)
created. Okay, this is a shameless plug, but if *my* zine has a
reputation, hey I'm all for advertising the fact that it's out there.
Mary's assumption was that you ignore episodes that come AFTER the one
you're watching, which may or may not clear up the "breaking rules"
problem.

Any way if you are THAT interested in finding a QL drinking game, write me,
and I'll send you ordering information!

--Miriam Ferziger
mir...@forsythe.stanford.edu
(I just quit my job, so I don't know how long this account will stay
active:-/

L J Constantine

Apr 5, 1993, 2:07:32 PM4/5/93
fini...@gandalf.rutgers.edu (Tracy E. Finifter) writes:

>Marsh and I think we are *long* overdue for a Quantum Leap Drinking Game.
>After all, Highlander has several versions in circulation on Usenet (which
>I did NOT post anything to, Marsh), and Deep Space 9 even had one after the
>premier. I heard that there is a QL one in a fanzine somewhere, but is quite
>out of date (one of the times is when 'the rules of Quantum Leaping are
>broken', or something like that, but since that would get one totally smashed
>with any episode this season, I felt this one should be more specific.)

>I have started compiling one, but I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has
>to offer. I'll post the completed list on alt.ql.creative (or whatever passes
>for that when it's done) and email anybody who wants a copy. I'm also going
>to make plenty of hard copies to send to MediaWest Con with Dotty Klein.

>The more obscure and humorous the reference, the better, and remember, this
>is all in fun.

oooooooh, now you've gone and given me ideas.
This could be dangerous, you know.....

LJC
--
Lady Johanna Constantine* "... on her loom she weaves my shroud,
ta...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu * and I am lost."

Mary E. Allison

Apr 8, 1993, 6:23:42 PM4/8/93
HF....@forsythe.stanford.edu (Miriam Ferziger) writes:

>Well, I don't know about the drinking game you've mentioned, but my
>fanzine, "Chain Reactions", which came out at the QL convention in
>February has a drinking game that Mary Allison

HEY - I KNOW HER

>(with a little help from her friends)

Yeah - my buddy Jose Cuervo and my pal Berghoff Bock and

ANYWAY - I've decided that since I did the first (and undoubtedly the
BEST) drinking game - for your pleasure (hmm but I think a more
complete list is in Chain Reactions)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This is a variation of standard television show drinking game.
It is recommended that you play this game either during a rerun or
while watching episodes on videotape, otherwise you will probably be
wasted by the end of the first act.

SIP each time Al wears lame

SIP each time Al instructs Sam how to do something (i.e. ha-motzi and
Kiddush in "Thou Shalt Not" military/SEAL stuff in Vietnam)
* DOUBLE SIP each time Al gained the knowledge or experience from one
of his marriages

SIP each time we discover something ELSE Al did (circus, etc.)

SIP each time Al makes a 'sexual' comment to/about someone in Sam's
hosts' timeline

SIP each time the girl kisses Sam

SIP each time Al mentions Tina

SIP for each kiss with history

SIP each time Al hits the handlink (Be sure to appoint a designated
driver for "The Great Spontini")

SIP each time Sam says "Oh Boy"
* DOUBLE SIP each time AL says "Oh Boy"
* CHUG each time BOTH Sam AND Al say "Oh Boy"

SIP each time Al says "That's impossible."

SIP Everytime Al tells Sam somebody is going to die
* DOUBLE SIP Everytime it's SAM that is going to die
* CHUG Everytime it wasN'T originally supposed to be sam

SIP for each 'it could happen'
(e. g. b-movie actor/president, friends with Russians)

DOUBLE SIP Each time Al or Sam reinterpret Ziggy's data

DOUBLE SIP each time Al mentions a woman (in the present) OTHER THAN
Tina

DOUBLE SIP each time SAM says "That's impossible."

DOUBLE SIP each time a companion responds to Sam's remarks to Al

DOUBLE SIP each time Sam comments about being a woman

DOUBLE SIP each time Sam refers to the 'future' as the 'past'
(e.g., back in the 70s)

DOUBLE SIP each time Al gives Sam sexual advice

DOUBLE SIP each time Sam says "I can't remember"

DOUBLE SIP each time Sam kisses the girl

DOUBLE SIP each time the handlink stops scrolling in the mid-

dle of a word making Al read it as some other word

DOUBLE SIP anytime Gooshie is mentioned

DOUBLE SIP every time Sam sends Al to keep watch on someone

CHUG each time Al tells a sleazy story

CHUG each time Sam complains about his situation ("Not high heels,
not a woman again")

CHUG each time Al get confused about his ex-wives

CHUG each time Sam looks as though he really wishes he could SLUG
a hologram (Be sure to appoint a designated driver for
"Southern Comforts")

CHUG each time Al mentions a pet of Tina's

CHUG each time Sam demonstrates a new ability we didn't know he has

CHUG each time Al uses technobabble instead of simply saying "we don't
know"

CHUG Each time Al scoffs at Ziggy

CHUG Each time we discover (yet another) one of Sam's Ph.D.s

Mary Allison
Shari Feldman
Miriam Ferziger
Dara Golden
Paul Woodard
Caren Levine

--
Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking
outward together in the same direction.

Mary Allison (ma...@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu) Urbana, Illinois

L J Constantine

Apr 8, 1993, 8:30:22 PM4/8/93
ma...@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Mary E. Allison) writes:

>DOUBLE SIP anytime Gooshie is mentioned

Oh dear... 10 minutes into "The Leap Back",
and you'd be toast...
:)

Mary E. Allison

Apr 9, 1993, 11:31:15 AM4/9/93
ta...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (L J Constantine) writes:

>ma...@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Mary E. Allison) writes:

>>DOUBLE SIP anytime Gooshie is mentioned

>Oh dear... 10 minutes into "The Leap Back",
>and you'd be toast...
>:)

My dear - why do you think I specifically mention to only play during
reruns (so you don't lose it during a new episode).

ALSO - I sent out the wrong version. I would not be being politically
correct if I didn't mention

HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER, or an overnighter.

--
When I was a young man I vowed never to marry until I found the
ideal woman. Well, I found her--but, alas, she was waiting for