1st RFD: The Great Downsizing -- rec.arts.*

Paul W. Schleck

Feb 4, 2011, 8:50:01 PM2/4/11

Mike Hunt

Feb 28, 2011, 2:24:12 PM2/28/11
On 2011-02-05, Paul W Schleck <psch...@novia.net> wrote:

> The following newsgroups appear to be dead, with no recent on-topic
> messages posted, as of 0001 UTC February 1, 2011.
>
> rec.arts.comics.elfquest
> rec.arts.sf.starwars.collecting.customizing
> rec.arts.sf.tv.quantum-leap
>
> The Big8-Usenet Management Board proposes to eliminate these newsgroups.
>
> Any feedback on that proposal should be posted as a reply to the thread
> "1st RFD: The Great Downsizing 2011/1" in the news.groups.proposals
> newsgroup. In your feedback, please cite the name of the newsgroup in
> the subject line. If you object to eliminating a newsgroup, please
> provide a brief justification of why it should be retained.

Pretty exciting seeing rec.arts.sf.tv.quantum-leap finally get some
traffic! :-)

It's been too quiet here for too long...

Your Name

Feb 28, 2011, 2:57:36 PM2/28/11
On 2011-02-05, Paul W Schleck <psch...@novia.net> wrote:

> The following newsgroups appear to be dead, with no recent on-topic
> messages posted, as of 0001 UTC February 1, 2011.
>
> rec.arts.comics.elfquest
> rec.arts.sf.starwars.collecting.customizing
> rec.arts.sf.tv.quantum-leap
>
> The Big8-Usenet Management Board proposes to eliminate these newsgroups.
>
> Any feedback on that proposal should be posted as a reply to the thread
> "1st RFD: The Great Downsizing 2011/1" in the news.groups.proposals
> newsgroup. In your feedback, please cite the name of the newsgroup in
> the subject line. If you object to eliminating a newsgroup, please
> provide a brief justification of why it should be retained.

I object to all of those newsgroups being "eliminated".

You have no right, no reason, no justification, no authority, and no actual
power to go around deleting Usenet Newsgroups simply because YOU don't want
them. Just leave things that don't concern you alone and go and find
something useful to do. Self-rightous bunch of over-egoed little morons.

Even if someone did have the the authority to delete newsgroups, you would
start with the huge pile of blatantly idiotic ones like
alt.cows.moo.moo.moo.