Fanzines looking for submissions / in print

Betsy Vera

Jul 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/19/95
BENTLEY PRESS
c/o Betsy Vera
P.O. Box 4356, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
betsy...@mailgw.uprod.music.umich.edu
ben...@cyberspace.org

@@@@@@@@@@@@

*Zines Looking for Submissions:*

Crossovers Anonymous # 2
****************************
This zine is all crossovers and nothing but crossovers. I'm looking for
stories that are likely, unlikely, funny, serious, etc., etc. I'm also
looking for artists and cartoonists. Any and all fandoms. No slash, X, R,
or gratuitous violence.

Story ideas nobody has used yet:

* What if MacGyver were trapped in the Village? Would it still be
standing at the end?

* What if Duncan McLeod and Lovejoy were after the same sword?

I need stories, art, and cartoons. Use your imagination! If you cross
it, they will come.

Deadlines: writers, 15 Nov 95; artists, April 96. Publication is
planned for Mediawest 1996 (late May).

X-treme Possibilities #2
*************************
Looking for X-Files stories, either new or from the Internet, and art and
cartoons. Funny, serious, dramatic, alternate universe, crossovers, etc.,
etc. I'd prefer that the Mulder-Scully relationship be close to canon,
but you can try to persuade me otherwise. No slash, X, R, or gratuitous
violence.

Deadlines: writers: 15 Nov 95; artists, April 96. Publication is
planned for Mediawest 1996 (late May).

@@@@@@@@@@@@

*Zines in Print:*

Crossovers Anonymous #1
***************************
A new crossovers zine. This issue includes Forever Knight, Batman
(animated), Professionals, Time Trax, Six Million Dollar Man, The A-Team,
Family Matters, Doctor Who, Highlander, The Brady Bunch, Friday the 13th
(movie), The Champions, Man from UNCLE, The Wizard of Oz, and Silence of
the Lambs.

Stories by Susan Garrett, Joseph Medina, Gena Fisher, Amparo Bertram,
Jenny Hayward, Gina Martin, Anna Parrish, Timothy Dedeaux, and Pamela
Rush. Art by Kathryn Andersen, Pat Degan, Gena Fisher, Pam Whitelark, Nan
Nelson, Mark Dooley, Martin Proctor, Anja Gruber, and Cathy Rusaw.

* "Sleep of the Undead: La Belle et La Bete," by Pamela Rush: LaCroix's
continuing adventures in a cable-TV dream world.

* "It's the Story...," by Gena Fisher: Bodie and Doyle are assigned to
protect some American tourists.

* "Steve, Over the Rainbow," by Anna Parrish: Urkel's adventures in the
Land of Oz.

* "Behind Every Good Man," by Susan Garrett: just who is the /real/
hero, anyway?

* more

CA#1: 78pp, US$15.00 First Class (ask about postal rates for foreign
orders). Checks payable to Betsy Vera.

X-treme Possibilities #1
*************************
A new X-Files zine, featuring stories from alt.tv.x-files-creative.

Stories by Sheryl Martin, Paul Wartenberg, Sarah Stegall, Art Pratten,
Steven Han, Arianwen P.F. Everett, Katherine Fritz, Gail Celio, Peggy Li;
filk by Julie Skelly; and the alt.tv.x-files FAQ by Pat Gonzales. Art by
Anja Gruber, Pam Whitelark, Kathryn Andersen, Pat Degan, Laura Miles, Nan
Nelson, Mark Dooley, Cathy Rusaw, Martin Proctor, Bonnie Cunningham, and
Barbara Caldwell.

Includes:

* "Grief," by Paul Wartenberg: the best combination of gratuitous
violence and side-splitting humor.

* the "Paperwork" stories, by Sheryl Martin: bureaucracy and red tape
at their worst.

* "Frostbite," by Peggy Li: the sequel to first season's "Ice."

* more

XTP#1: 95pp, US$19.00 First Class (ask about postal rates for foreign
orders). Checks payable to Betsy Vera.

SWE...@delphi.com

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95

I'm not sitting in as Joe's mouthpiece, but I do believe that he mentioned
something about putting the stories on hold until the show is over( 2
years).It's a simple act of respect and courtesy to follow...besides, it
gives folks *plenty* of time to go through a gazillion rough drafts,
lots of red ink, re-writes, lots a red ink, revisions, more red ink, and the
"finished" copy...these butter knives sure are dull...where's an
exacto-knife when you need one?

Dawn
Rainbow V 1.14.4 for Delphi - Registered