Congratulations Mr. FORD THAXTON

Tom Thatcher

Oct 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/18/95
Dear Mr. Thaxton:
I just wanted to congratulate you on being one of the most talked about
persons in the internet/sci-fi community. After seeing hundreds of
threads by or about you in r.a.startrek.current and r.a.s.t.b5,
I checked out r.a.s.t today to read about S:A&B, and find even more
people talking about you. The fact that they are complaining about
you is obviously secondary: You, Sir, are famous in your choosen field;
a large accomplishment. (A corollary compliment is also due to your
obviously industrial-strength e-mail and newsreader software.)

--
Tom Thatcher | You can give a PC to a Homo habilis,
University of Rochester Cancer Center | and he'll use it, but he'll use it

Sol

Oct 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/18/95
In article <1995Oct18....@galileo.cc.rochester.edu>,
tt...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tom Thatcher) wrote:

> Dear Mr. Thaxton:
> I just wanted to congratulate you on being one of the most talked about
> persons in the internet/sci-fi community. After seeing hundreds of
> threads by or about you in r.a.startrek.current and r.a.s.t.b5,
> I checked out r.a.s.t today to read about S:A&B, and find even more
> people talking about you. The fact that they are complaining about
> you is obviously secondary: You, Sir, are famous in your choosen field;
> a large accomplishment. (A corollary compliment is also due to your
> obviously industrial-strength e-mail and newsreader software.)

He's kidding, right? Just because we all know who Ford is, he's actually
accomplished something important? Should we all think the same thing about
Kato Keilin?

Ted McCoy

Oct 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/18/95
In article <John_Lawrence_Morg...@cluster-172.cluster.brown.edu>,

>He's kidding, right? Just because we all know who Ford is, he's actually
>accomplished something important? Should we all think the same thing about
>Kato Keilin?

Absofartinglutely! Why, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford follow Kato's
footsteps onto Mad TV any week now. Neat, eh?

Ted

WayneHall

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/19/95
>>Dear Mr. Thaxton:
I just wanted to congratulate you on being one of the most talked about
persons in the internet/sci-fi community. After seeing hundreds of
threads by or about you in r.a.startrek.current and r.a.s.t.b5,
I checked out r.a.s.t today to read about S:A&B, and find even more
people talking about you. The fact that they are complaining about
you is obviously secondary: You, Sir, are famous in your choosen field;
a large accomplishment. (A corollary compliment is also due to your
obviously industrial-strength e-mail and newsreader software.)<<

Ford, you're famous! Congratulations!

The Rev. Commander Wayne
TGFDS9
NIJA

Kirby Krueger

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/19/95
In article <465krp$t...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
Of course, for a bit of perspective, recall that the most frequently
invoked name on Usenet is Adolf Hitler.

(Does this mean that the thread about Ford is officially over?)

--

Kirby Krueger
kir...@peak.org

walter lee

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/20/95
WayneHall <wayn...@aol.com> wrote:
>>>Dear Mr. Thaxton:
>I just wanted to congratulate you on being one of the most talked about
>persons in the internet/sci-fi community. After seeing hundreds of
>threads by or about you in r.a.startrek.current and r.a.s.t.b5,
>I checked out r.a.s.t today to read about S:A&B, and find even more
>people talking about you. The fact that they are complaining about
>you is obviously secondary: You, Sir, are famous in your choosen field;
>a large accomplishment. (A corollary compliment is also due to your
>obviously industrial-strength e-mail and newsreader software.)<<

Monsieur Thaxton, will finnaly *understand* what it feels to be on the other end
of fame.

Let's see if he enjoyes it.
At the very least, he will be wiser and learned from the experience.

-----------------------------------
So few of us get to be famous. *sigh*

Sol

Oct 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/21/95
In article <thedoge-1910...@thedoge.inlink.com>, the...@crl.com
(The_Doge of St. Louis) wrote:

> Obviously, Mr. Thatcher failed to close-caption his post for the
> sarcasm impaired.

And obviously I failed to close-caption my post for the irony impaired.

Eric Tolle

Oct 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/21/95
In <463obl$9...@comet.connix.com> rai...@connix.com (Andy Raibeck) writes:

>In <1995Oct18....@galileo.cc.rochester.edu>, tt...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tom Thatcher) writes:

>You've *got* to be kidding. This is a joke..........right?

I think it's quite brillient sarcasm. Of course, Ford will probably
not get it- and be very pleased that he's such an 'important' person.

Eric Tolle unde...@mcl.ucsb.edu
"An' then Chi...@little.com, he come scramblin outta the terminal room
screaming "The system's crashing! The system's crashing!"
-Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'

Theron Fuller

Oct 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/22/95
In <465krp$t...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> wayn...@aol.com (WayneHall)
writes:

>>>Dear Mr. Thaxton:
>I just wanted to congratulate you on being one of the most talked
about
>persons in the internet/sci-fi community. After seeing hundreds of
>threads by or about you in r.a.startrek.current and r.a.s.t.b5,
>I checked out r.a.s.t today to read about S:A&B, and find even more
>people talking about you. The fact that they are complaining about
>you is obviously secondary: You, Sir, are famous in your choosen
field;
>a large accomplishment. (A corollary compliment is also due to your
>obviously industrial-strength e-mail and newsreader software.)<<
>
>Ford, you're famous! Congratulations!
>
>The Rev. Commander Wayne
>TGFDS9
>NIJA

More people are talking about and complaining about Ford Thaxton than
are talking about and complaining about Gharlane?

Gharlane must be hurt to the core...er...corp...er...corps.

Regards,
Theron Fuller