A message from JMS

Jay Denebeim

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
I just got a letter from Joe, he said I could post it, so without
further adue (I'm correcting his misconception on story ideas):

From strac...@genie.comTue Mar 26 22:03:42 1996
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 02:42:00 UTC 0000
From: strac...@genie.com
To: dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us
Subject: YES!

That's great news, and confirms what I had been saying for some time,
that *hundreds* of people had been driven away by the constant and
abusive harrassment. They want back in, in an environment where they can
have fun. Great news.

As far as setting up a feed...it's not necessary. Because the
group can now be made safe from story ideas, there's no need for any kind
of filtering device. I can now use the AOL news reader, which for the
first time will allow me to follow threads *and* quote from messages much
more easily.

(I also just got an earthlink account, which should let me do the same
thing, but I'm still feeling my way around how the system works; in time
I'll probably switch over.)

Congratulations to everyone who fought so hard for this. I look
forward to hanging around with the same friendly bunch at the water cooler
as soon as it's shoved up against the wall and plugged in.

(You can post this publicly if you choose.)

jms
--
Jay Denebeim dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us
duke.edu!wolves!deepthot!denebeim

FordaT

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
>dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) Leader of the new NIGHTWATCH
post the holy words of a TV producer.

>I just got a letter from Joe, he said I could post it, so without
>further adue (I'm correcting his misconception on story ideas):

All Bow before Jay's GOD!!!!!

>From strac...@genie.comTue Mar 26 22:03:42 1996
>Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 02:42:00 UTC 0000
>From: strac...@genie.com
>>To: dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us
>Subject: YES!

>That's great news, and confirms what I had been saying for some
>time, that *hundreds* of people had been driven away by the constant >and
abusive harrassment. They want back in, in an environment where >they can
have fun. Great news.

Ladies and Gents, he's conned you all. Now that he can have CONTROL, he's
willing to return. He's used this as a Carrot for all the lemmings to vote
for this new group.

> As far as setting up a feed...it's not necessary. Because the
>group can now be made safe from story ideas,

Or people who can call you on some of your statements when facts doen't
support them.

>there's no need for any kind of filtering device. I can now use the AOL
>news reader, which for the first time will allow me to follow threads
>*and* quote from messages much more easily.

AOL, which at last report had CUT a deal with WARNER BROS as the offical
site for various WARNER BROS show including B5.

> (I also just got an earthlink account, which should let me do the
same
>thing, but I'm still feeling my way around how the system works; in time
>I'll probably switch over.)

When does he have time to have a life beyond this show?

--

You've been conned and it doesn't even matter to you.

To Jay: I understand that you look wonderful in your Brown Shirt.

To all others, good night.

Your getting exactly what you deserve..........

Ford A. Thaxton (For...@aol.com)

Coralie J. Allen

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
My thanks to the 2241:109 results on the moderated newsgroup. Joe, I
look forward to reading your posts again--it's been a long time.

--
Coralie Allen (37...@tccn.com)

Wooly Mittens

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
for...@aol.com (FordaT) wrote:
<many words but little information>

..Could you p.p.p.p.p.please explain what you mean, I can't make head
nor tail from your quote-rich babbling.

Wooly Mittens.

Robert Holland

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Jay Denebeim wrote:

> I just got a letter from Joe, he said I could post it, so without
> further adue (I'm correcting his misconception on story ideas):

Whoops! Shoulda taken care of that little detail months ago!

You realize that if JMS uses the AOL newsreader, he is as susceptible
to story ideas posted in rastb5 as he is to story ideas posted in one
of the other AOL forums. The fact that he has easy access to the
forum is what makes him susceptible.

> From strac...@genie.comTue Mar 26 22:03:42 1996
> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 02:42:00 UTC 0000
> From: strac...@genie.com
> To: dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us
> Subject: YES!
>
> That's great news, and confirms what I had been saying for some time,
> that *hundreds* of people had been driven away by the constant and
> abusive harrassment. They want back in, in an environment where they can
> have fun. Great news.

Yup, every producer should have a moderated fanclub on Usenet. I voted
for yours so there will be peace in our lifetimes! Ha!

> As far as setting up a feed...it's not necessary. Because the

> group can now be made safe from story ideas, there's no need for any kind

> of filtering device. I can now use the AOL news reader, which for the
> first time will allow me to follow threads *and* quote from messages much
> more easily.

Betcha dollars to donuts you've been peeking all along.

--RH

Kalynnda Berens

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <2822@827939466>, smi...@cs.indiana.edu says...

wrote:

>> >dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) Leader of the new
NIGHTWATCH
>>post the holy words of a TV producer.
>
>Does anyone else think Ford has gone off the deep end?
>
>I expect him to start appending his posts with "DISTRIBUTION of this
>IMPORTANT INFORMATION is ENCOURAGED" any day now...
>
>--
>Steven Miale, Kesmai Corp.
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/smiale.html>

It's sad. As a lurker here for a few months, I'm amazed at the amount
of time and energy he's put out. Even if he's right...even if JMS has
now duped us and is now in ultimate control of the new newsgroup...
WHY DOES HE (Ford) CARE ENOUGH TO KEEP RANTING ABOUT IT? Methinks
the man needs a LIFE. If he's right, we'll figure it out and come back
to the unmoderated board. If he's wrong, then we'll have a great time
over there, discussing _B5_, and mostly JUST B5.

The really sad thing is that Ford is a "friend of a friend". Sigh. I
came here prepared to believe that he was persecuted. After a few months
of reading messages here, my opinion has shifted far in the other
direction.

Well, I suppose it's not polite to discuss someone's obvious problems on
the net. But if I had that much time and emotional energy to put into
a project, I can think of a LOT of things I'd rather do than spew
on-and-on about the same topic, on a newsgroup devoted to a TV show.

Well, see ya'll on the moderated group!

....Kal Berens

Eric Brad

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Mr. Thaxton -

Common sense compels me to ask a few questions in response to this
posting...

for...@aol.com (FordaT) wrote:

>You've been conned and it doesn't even matter to you.

In what way has anyone been conned? Straczynski has managed to get a
moderated Usenet newsgroup created. And that comports some sort of
power to be coveted? Hell, there are some 10,000+ other newsgroups
created for/by thousands of other individuals. Have they conned
anyone or labored to get someone to act under false pretenses? And if
they (including Straczynski) have duped and deceived, their ultimate
end what to create a moderated newsgroup?!? Pretty high aspirations
for an Executive Producer of a television show that has run three
seasons. What could be next for Straczynski? Perhaps he could get
his own IRC channel!

Seriously, you can't be serious. A new newsgroup has been created for
those who would enjoy reading it. To hear you rant, you would think
someone had taken away your livelihood. IT'S JUST A NEWSGROUP.

>To all others, good night.

So if they elect not to allow one of your postings on the moderated
newsgroup, you will leave this newsgroup as well? Perhaps some of the
folks here might have tried this strategy earlier had they known.

>Your getting exactly what you deserve..........

Precisely. That is how democracy works..........

Have a nice day.

>Ford A. Thaxton (For...@aol.com)

And by the way, get a REAL internet service provider, would you?

Eric

Julian P. Graham

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4jaou3$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> for...@aol.com "FordaT" writes:

> >dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) Leader of the new NIGHTWATCH
> post the holy words of a TV producer.
>

> >I just got a letter from Joe, he said I could post it, so without
> >further adue (I'm correcting his misconception on story ideas):
>

> All Bow before Jay's GOD!!!!!

That'd be difficult, as I'm not even sure of Jay's religion.

Oh, you mean JMS. OK, which way is California? I'd feel silly bowing
in the wrong direction. :-)

> >From strac...@genie.comTue Mar 26 22:03:42 1996
> >Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 02:42:00 UTC 0000
> >From: strac...@genie.com
> >>To: dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us
> >Subject: YES!
>
> > That's great news, and confirms what I had been saying for some
> > time, that *hundreds* of people had been driven away by the constant and
> > abusive harrassment. They want back in, in an environment where they can
> > have fun. Great news.
>

> Ladies and Gents, he's conned you all.

But not you, eh Ford? You alone can see through his dastardly tricks.

> Now that he can have CONTROL, he's willing to return.

Does Jerry Doyle know about this "having CONTROL" business? I doubt
that he'll be very happy about it.

> He's used this as a Carrot for all the lemmings to vote
> for this new group.

Do lemmings actually eat carrots?

> > As far as setting up a feed...it's not necessary. Because the
> > group can now be made safe from story ideas,
>

> Or people who can call you on some of your statements when facts doen't
> support them.

Or people who regularly spout rubbbish.

> >there's no need for any kind of filtering device. I can now use the AOL
> >news reader, which for the first time will allow me to follow threads
> >*and* quote from messages much more easily.
>

> AOL, which at last report had CUT a deal with WARNER BROS as the offical
> site for various WARNER BROS show including B5.

Is this just a vague hint at some possible conspiracy, or do you actually
have a point?

> > (I also just got an earthlink account, which should let me do the
> > same
> >thing, but I'm still feeling my way around how the system works; in time
> >I'll probably switch over.)
>
> When does he have time to have a life beyond this show?

I really don't know. I guess he *does* manage to have a life, though.
Which is more than can be said for some people....

> > Congratulations to everyone who fought so hard for this. I look
> > forward to hanging around with the same friendly bunch at the water
> > cooler as soon as it's shoved up against the wall and plugged in.
>
> >(You can post this publicly if you choose.)
>
> > jms
> --
>

> You've been conned and it doesn't even matter to you.

Nobody has been conned.

> To Jay: I understand that you look wonderful in your Brown Shirt.
>

> To all others, good night.

Nighty-night, Ford.

> Your getting exactly what you deserve..........

Yes, we are. And not a moment too soon.

> Ford A. Thaxton (For...@aol.com)

Regards
Julian P. Graham | "I suppose you'll have to skip the country now.
Warrington, | A fugitive, eh. You'll be hunted down like...
England. | well, a dog." Wallace, _A_Close_Shave_
============================= jpgr...@starfury.demon.co.uk ==========

Eric Castle

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
In article <4jaou3$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, for...@aol.com (FordaT) wrote:

> >dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) Leader of the new NIGHTWATCH
> post the holy words of a TV producer.
>

> >From strac...@genie.comTue Mar 26 22:03:42 1996
> >Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 02:42:00 UTC 0000
> >From: strac...@genie.com
> >>To: dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us
> >Subject: YES!
>

> >there's no need for any kind of filtering device. I can now use the AOL
> >news reader, which for the first time will allow me to follow threads
> >*and* quote from messages much more easily.
>
> AOL, which at last report had CUT a deal with WARNER BROS as the offical
> site for various WARNER BROS show including B5.

This is the exact kind of thing that I hope would be not allowed in the
moderated group. What the hell does being able to finally be able to
follow the threads of discussion of which JMS is replying have anything to
do with it being on AOL? Heck JMS is on more forums than AOL as indicated
by all the stuff posted to the.info group which come from Compuserve and
Genie also.

Why are you implying there is some sort of conspiracy between AOL/Warner
and JMS? Where are you pulling these ideas from? Man, how do you even
live every day since you seem to think that everyone is involved in some
sort of conspiracy against I don't know what. Even if AOL is the
official site for Warner bros that means more shows than just B5. And just
what is wrong with it being on AOL? I don't understand what you have a
problem with. You are one demented/sick person Ford.

> > (I also just got an earthlink account, which should let me do the
> same
> >thing, but I'm still feeling my way around how the system works; in time
> >I'll probably switch over.)
>
> When does he have time to have a life beyond this show?

What business is that of yours?

> >Congratulations to everyone who fought so hard for this. I look
> >forward to hanging around with the same friendly bunch at the water
> >cooler as soon as it's shoved up against the wall and plugged in.
>
> >(You can post this publicly if you choose.)
>
> > jms
>

> You've been conned and it doesn't even matter to you.

You have a warped sense of reality.

> To Jay: I understand that you look wonderful in your Brown Shirt.
>
> To all others, good night.
>

> Your getting exactly what you deserve..........

Yeah, we get rid of you and thats enough for me. Your countless posts
repeating the same things over and over like we even care are getting damn
tiresome. I don't even know why you bother.

--
Eric
eric_...@taligent.com

Marcus

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
>dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) Leader of the new
>NIGHTWATCH post the holy words of a TV producer.
>All Bow before Jay's GOD!!!!!

Will it never stop!?! I'm sure you're either addicted to sending this
kind of trash or just doing it to bait people into flaming you. I'll
pass thanks

>Ladies and Gents, he's conned you all. Now that he can have >CONTROL,he's willing to return. He's used this as a Carrot for all the=

>lemmings to vote for this new group.

This sounds like borderline paranoia at the very least. Is it not that you can't stand not being the centre around which the group r=
evolves anymore (rec.arts.egomaniacs.FordaT?)

>AOL, which at last report had CUT a deal with WARNER BROS as the >offical site for various WARNER BROS show including B5.

The final classic ingredient!! An allegation with no evidence.

>Your getting exactly what you deserve..........

yep. we asked for it and we deserve it. Not having to listen to your endless drivel all the time.

Chip Salzenberg

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
In article <2822@827939466>, smi...@cs.indiana.edu says...
>Does anyone else think Ford has gone off the deep end?
>
>I expect him to start appending his posts with "DISTRIBUTION of this
>IMPORTANT INFORMATION is ENCOURAGED" any day now...

Yes! ROTFL!

"We must RE-ORBIT BABYLON 5 to make it a BORN-AGAIN EARTH!"

Matt McIrvin

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
In article <4jhgd5$a...@news.atlantic.net>, ch...@rio.atlantic.net (Chip
Salzenberg) wrote:

> In article <2822@827939466>, smi...@cs.indiana.edu says...

> >I expect him to start appending his posts with "DISTRIBUTION of this

> >IMPORTANT INFORMATION is ENCOURAGED" any day now...

[..]

> "We must RE-ORBIT BABYLON 5 to make it a BORN-AGAIN EARTH!"

Babylonium Atom Totality?

MAKE.TV.SERIES.FAST!

--
Matt McIrvin Indent-o-Meter goes here, when I'm using trn.
Instead, you get a free URL. http://world.std.com/~mmcirvin/

MBOVE

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
wrote:
>You've been conned and it doesn't even matter to you.
>

>To Jay: I understand that you look wonderful in your Brown Shirt.
>
>To all others, good night.
>

>Your getting exactly what you deserve..........
>

>Ford A. Thaxton (For...@aol.com)

All this time I've been watching this so-called debate about the moderated
group. I still do not understand why it bothers anyone in the least that it
will exist.
Every last anti-mod sentiment has been falacy - usually attacking a staw
man or personal attacks on JMS or someone with a pro-mod sentiment.

Well, thank goodness it's all moot now. The group exists (By overwhelming
margin) and these sillified postings should fade away.

---------------- <*> ----------------
Matt Bove'
http://members.aol.com/mattbove
"Did I miss something?"

Tom McLean

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
MBOVE (min...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> In article <4jaou3$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, for...@aol.com (FordaT)
> wrote:
> >You've been conned and it doesn't even matter to you.
> >

> >To Jay: I understand that you look wonderful in your Brown Shirt.
> >
> >To all others, good night.
> >

> >Your getting exactly what you deserve..........
> >Ford A. Thaxton (For...@aol.com)

Well shit! I feel so guilty now.

Ford, you are a crazy man.

-Tom

<Life's only certainty is death> Thus began the morbid years.

Email address: tmc...@chat.carleton.ca

E.M.P. Pringle

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
In article <4jh1rk$6...@news.ox.ac.uk>, Marcus <chri...@sable.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> >dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) Leader of the new
>>NIGHTWATCH post the holy words of a TV producer.
>>All Bow before Jay's GOD!!!!!
>

>Will it never stop!?! I'm sure you're either addicted to sending this
>kind of trash or just doing it to bait people into flaming you. I'll
>pass thanks

No, I disagree. I seldom agreed with him before, but on this I am right behind
him; many people on this newsgroup are happily prepared to give up a measure of
their freedom just to be able to talk to JMS. I don't like it, myself. I am
still thinking hard about whether to post there.

>>Ladies and Gents, he's conned you all. Now that he can have >CONTROL,he's willing to return. He's used this as a Carrot for all the=
> >lemmings to vote for this new group.
>
>This sounds like borderline paranoia at the very least. Is it not that you can't stand not being the centre around which the group r=
>evolves anymore (rec.arts.egomaniacs.FordaT?)

I'm not sure he doesn't have a point here, too. I may well be wrong, but it
seems to me that JMS feels very possessive about his show. I don't blame him;
I'd be the same if I had created something like that, but I think don't think
it's paranoia to say it. Witness, for example his attitude to fanfic and
merchandise. I'm not trying to claim that he is doing anything nasty, merely
putting forward my oipinion of a character trait of his.

>>AOL, which at last report had CUT a deal with WARNER BROS as the >offical site for various WARNER BROS show including B5.
>

>The final classic ingredient!! An allegation with no evidence.

Have you evidence agianst it, or are you making those too.

Miss Elizabeth Pringle |
Univ. Museum of Zoology | I knew a phoenix in my youth so let
Cambridge University, England | them have their day.