The link between polygamy and war

Andrew Swallow

Dec 28, 2017, 7:40:01 PM12/28/17
An article in the Economist has some interesting points about the
troubles in Muslim countries.

[quote]... If the richest and most powerful 10% of men have, say, four
wives each, the bottom 30% of men cannot marry. Young men will take
desperate measures to avoid this state.
[/quote]

[quote]... A tribal elder spelled out the maths of the situation. “When
you have 10 daughters, each one will give you 30 cows, and they are all
for [the father]. So then you have 300 cows.” If a patriarch sells his
daughters at 15 and does not let his sons marry until they are 30, he
has 15 years to enjoy the returns on the assets he gained from
brideprice. That’s a lot of milk.
[/quote]

The link between polygamy and war
<https://www.economist.com/news/christmas-specials/21732695-plural-marriage-bred-inequality-begets-violence-link-between-polygamy-and-war>

https://www.economist.com/news/christmas-specials/21732695-plural-marriage-bred-inequality-begets-violence-link-between-polygamy-and-war

col...@yahoo.com

Jan 1, 2018, 2:04:59 PM1/1/18
On Friday, 29. Deczember 2017 01:40:01 UTC+1 wrote Andrew Swallow:

<bullshit snipped>

You definitely must be a FAKE-Andrew Swallow.
The Andrew Swallow I know wouldn't write this crap in a BABYLON5 ng.

Muslim-whatsoever has nothing to do with B5.

--
Morden: "It's like knocking over an ant-hill.
Every new generation gets stronger,

Andrew Swallow

Jan 1, 2018, 6:24:53 PM1/1/18
On 01/01/2018 19:04, col...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Friday, 29. Deczember 2017 01:40:01 UTC+1 wrote Andrew Swallow:
>
> <bullshit snipped>
>
> You definitely must be a FAKE-Andrew Swallow.
> The Andrew Swallow I know wouldn't write this crap in a BABYLON5 ng.
>
> Muslim-whatsoever has nothing to do with B5.

Babylon 5 had noting to say about polygamy and Islam but had a lot to
say about wars and civil wars.

Since 9/11 the West and Islam have been at war. Our troops have killed
many Muslims in the Middle East. In the last few years several million
Muslim men have moved to Europe. Although housed and given money by our
governments these men have been rioting, looting and raping.

It has been noticed that there are very few women and children with the
"refugees" fleeing Syria, where as previously most refugees are women
and children. A group consisting of almost entirely men of military age
forcing their way into another country is an invading army. The ones
from Somalia appear to be bachelors that cannot afford the 30 cows
needed to buy a woman. They admit to have come for money, land and women
but do not want to get a job.

col...@yahoo.com

Jan 3, 2018, 12:43:45 PM1/3/18
On 01/02/2018 00:24:53 UTC+1 Andrew Swallow wrote:
> On 01/01/2018 19:04, col...@yahoo.com wrote:
[snip]
> Babylon 5 had noting to say about polygamy and Islam but had a lot to
> say about wars and civil wars.
>
> Since 9/11 the West and Islam have been at war. Our troops have killed
> many Muslims in the Middle East. In the last few years several million
> Muslim men have moved to Europe. Although housed and given money by our
> governments these men have been rioting, looting and raping.
>
> It has been noticed that there are very few women and children with the
> "refugees" fleeing Syria, where as previously most refugees are women
> and children. A group consisting of almost entirely men of military age
> forcing their way into another country is an invading army. The ones
> from Somalia appear to be bachelors that cannot afford the 30 cows
> needed to buy a woman. They admit to have come for money, land and women
> but do not want to get a job.

I hesitate to answer in this ng.

A phrase like "Although housed and given money by our governments these men have been rioting, looting and raping" is simplyfing the real situation in a very bad manner.
For me it looks like Nightwatch speech!

Strange, that s.o. who loves Babylon5, doesn't care about the spirit of Babylon5.

--
Londo: "Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics.
Here: 'They are tolerant of differences among other cultures.'

Andrew Swallow

Jan 3, 2018, 8:24:37 PM1/3/18
On 03/01/2018 17:43, col...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 01/02/2018 00:24:53 UTC+1 Andrew Swallow wrote:
>> On 01/01/2018 19:04, col...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [snip]
>> Babylon 5 had noting to say about polygamy and Islam but had a lot to
>> say about wars and civil wars.
>>
>> Since 9/11 the West and Islam have been at war. Our troops have killed
>> many Muslims in the Middle East. In the last few years several million
>> Muslim men have moved to Europe. Although housed and given money by our
>> governments these men have been rioting, looting and raping.
>>
>> It has been noticed that there are very few women and children with the
>> "refugees" fleeing Syria, where as previously most refugees are women
>> and children. A group consisting of almost entirely men of military age
>> forcing their way into another country is an invading army. The ones
>> from Somalia appear to be bachelors that cannot afford the 30 cows
>> needed to buy a woman. They admit to have come for money, land and women
>> but do not want to get a job.
>
> I hesitate to answer in this ng.
>
> A phrase like "Although housed and given money by our governments these men have been rioting, looting and raping" is simplyfing the real situation in a very bad manner.
> For me it looks like Nightwatch speech!
>
> Strange, that s.o. who loves Babylon5, doesn't care about the spirit of Babylon5.

Where as you are aiming for the maximum exploitation of the working
class whilst claiming the moral high ground.