B5:TLT update from jms

jms...@aol.com

Oct 3, 2006, 3:17:35 AM10/3/06
I'm kind of up against it right now on an assortment of deadlines, so
this'll be quick, but I did want to address some of the questions that
have been asked.

Yes, we're shooting this HD, so this is going to be quite a learning
curve for me as a director, since I've never shot HD before. There's
also a HUGE amount of green-screen involved, so again, lots of learning
to be done.

For those who are getting the B5 scripts books -- and eventually the
B5:TLT scripts will be released -- you'll notice a substantial
difference between them and these scripts in that I decided to kind of
direct them on the page more than usual: calling out specific angles
and camera directions, locations and setups more than in any prior B5
script. It probably resembles an animation script more than a standard
TV script, because it incorporates my directorial notes, shot for shot,
as we go.

The first three-segment DVD is called "Voices in the Dark." We've
narrowed down the cast, and hope to have their deals closed this week.
There are already ten crew members working on this thing up in
Vancouver, pulling together stages, offices and other prep work. The
first day of shooting will likely be either November 13th or 14th (due
to a Canadian holiday). The last twiddlings to the script should be
done by this coming Monday. Storyboarding starts the end of this week.

It's balls-to-the-wall right now, but it should be fun in the end.

jms

message content (c) 2006
synthetic worlds, ltd.
permission to reprint
specifically denied to
SFX Magazine

Amy Guskin

Oct 3, 2006, 8:00:30 AM10/3/06
Thanks for the update. Break a leg, etc.

Amy

Jan

Oct 3, 2006, 8:30:50 AM10/3/06
In article <1159859855.8...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
jms...@aol.com says...

>I'm kind of up against it right now on an assortment of deadlines, so
>this'll be quick, but I did want to address some of the questions that
>have been asked.
>
>Yes, we're shooting this HD, so this is going to be quite a learning
>curve for me as a director, since I've never shot HD before. There's
>also a HUGE amount of green-screen involved, so again, lots of learning
>to be done.

Thanks for the update. I've wondered how you manage to keep up with the
advances in technology.

>For those who are getting the B5 scripts books -- and eventually the
>B5:TLT scripts will be released -- you'll notice a substantial
>difference between them and these scripts in that I decided to kind of
>direct them on the page more than usual: calling out specific angles
>and camera directions, locations and setups more than in any prior B5
>script. It probably resembles an animation script more than a standard
>TV script, because it incorporates my directorial notes, shot for shot,
>as we go.

That's probably particularly important for such short stories, right? I'll be
*very* interested in seeing those script books.

>The first three-segment DVD is called "Voices in the Dark." We've
>narrowed down the cast, and hope to have their deals closed this week.
>There are already ten crew members working on this thing up in
>Vancouver, pulling together stages, offices and other prep work. The
>first day of shooting will likely be either November 13th or 14th (due
>to a Canadian holiday). The last twiddlings to the script should be
>done by this coming Monday. Storyboarding starts the end of this week.
>
>It's balls-to-the-wall right now, but it should be fun in the end.
>
>jms
>

>message content (c) 2006
>synthetic worlds, ltd.
>permission to reprint
>specifically denied to
>SFX Magazine

Sigh...Vancouver. On a strictly personal, very selfish note...Crud! I've never
managed to snag any set-used script from up there. I know, I'll have the script
books, but I love seeing the notes that crew/cast members write. It really
shows the attention to detail.

Have fun, JMS!

Jan

--
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.

Shabaz

Oct 3, 2006, 9:41:07 AM10/3/06

Awesome. I can't wait to see them. So strange to hear that people at
this moment are working on stories about these characters again, after
all these years. 'Voices in the Dark' certainly sounds evocative.

And thank you for answering my HD question about TLT. The AV nerd in me
is happy. ;) I wonder if this means if it will be shot on film and then
telecined to HD resolutions (usually to 1080p24), or shot with digital
HD cameras (1080i60 or otherwise)? Just curious.

-Shabaz

Jon

Oct 3, 2006, 2:41:07 PM10/3/06
jms...@aol.com wrote:
> The first three-segment DVD is called "Voices in the Dark." We've
> narrowed down the cast, and hope to have their deals closed this week.
> There are already ten crew members working on this thing up in
> Vancouver, pulling together stages, offices and other prep work. The
> first day of shooting will likely be either November 13th or 14th (due
> to a Canadian holiday). The last twiddlings to the script should be
> done by this coming Monday. Storyboarding starts the end of this week.

Wow..JMS always has the best titles. I wish I was as good at thinking
up titles as he is. And they always cause me to speculate. Glad that
stages are going up too!

Jon D.

Jon

Oct 3, 2006, 3:04:31 PM10/3/06
Oh! Before I forget...being a big music nerd, and thinking that the B5
music is a big part of what made the show special. Can you announce
anything about who will be working on that aspect of the show?

Jon D.

Jo'Asia

Oct 3, 2006, 4:24:36 PM10/3/06
Jon wrote:

> Wow..JMS always has the best titles. I wish I was as good at thinking
> up titles as he is. And they always cause me to speculate.

And they bring out the creativity in German translators! ;>

OK, probably Polish titles had been not-so-good - luckily I do not
remember them. But judging from "Crusade" it's nothing like morphing "And
the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" into "Death of the Schemer" or
something like that...

Jo'Asia

--
__.-=-. -< Joanna Slupek >----------------------< http://esensja.pl/ >-
--<()> -< joasia @ hell . pl >------< http://bujold.fantastyka.net/ >-

Methuselah Jones

Oct 3, 2006, 5:19:24 PM10/3/06
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jon
of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> jms...@aol.com wrote:
>> The first three-segment DVD is called "Voices in the Dark." We've
>> narrowed down the cast, and hope to have their deals closed this
>> week. There are already ten crew members working on this thing up in
>> Vancouver, pulling together stages, offices and other prep work. The
>> first day of shooting will likely be either November 13th or 14th
>> (due to a Canadian holiday). The last twiddlings to the script
>> should be done by this coming Monday. Storyboarding starts the end
>> of this week.
>

> Wow..JMS always has the best titles.

I've always thought Harlan had cool titles; I wonder if he's made title
suggestions to Joe over the years.

> Glad that stages are going up too!

Definitely! It would suck to get the scripts done and the actors and crew
together to shoot, and no stages! :)

--
Methuselah
"A merchant who approaches business with the idea of serving the public

Angelika Tobisch

Oct 3, 2006, 5:59:29 PM10/3/06
Jo'Asia schrieb:

>> Wow..JMS always has the best titles. I wish I was as good at thinking
>> up titles as he is. And they always cause me to speculate.
>
> And they bring out the creativity in German translators! ;>
>
> OK, probably Polish titles had been not-so-good - luckily I do not
> remember them. But judging from "Crusade" it's nothing like morphing "And
> the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" into "Death of the Schemer" or
> something like that...

Now don't forget "The End of the Markab" and "Captured within the Cybernet".

Angelika,
glad to hear the great news.

Jon

Oct 3, 2006, 6:22:20 PM10/3/06

Methuselah Jones wrote:
> I've always thought Harlan had cool titles; I wonder if he's made title
> suggestions to Joe over the years.

You know, Harlan does always have cool titles. I could definitely see
that being an influence. Maybe there's a secret formula.

Jon D.

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 3, 2006, 7:02:05 PM10/3/06
Methuselah Jones wrote:

> I've always thought Harlan had cool titles; I wonder if he's made title
> suggestions to Joe over the years.

Yes, it is hard to top, "For I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream." To
say nothing of the classic, "Repent, Harlequin! Said the Ticktockman"
<g>

Regards,

Joe

Amy Guskin

Oct 3, 2006, 8:46:19 PM10/3/06
>> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:22:20 -0400, Jon wrote
(in article <1159914140....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

I dunno. Yes, they both are good titlers, but IMHO, they have very different
styles of titling.

Amy

Wendy of NJ

Oct 3, 2006, 8:59:07 PM10/3/06
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 00:46:19 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

"Angry Candy" :-D

-Wendy

jms...@aol.com

Oct 4, 2006, 12:12:00 AM10/4/06

Shabaz wrote:

> And thank you for answering my HD question about TLT. The AV nerd in me
> is happy. ;) I wonder if this means if it will be shot on film and then
> telecined to HD resolutions (usually to 1080p24), or shot with digital
> HD cameras (1080i60 or otherwise)? Just curious.

The latter. I figure if I'm gonna learn this stuff, I may as well dive
in at the deep end.

In for a penny, in for a pounding, I say....

jms

Hank Arnold

Oct 4, 2006, 4:51:16 AM10/4/06
All right............ :-) :-) :-)

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Shabaz

Oct 4, 2006, 7:12:33 AM10/4/06

This should be interesting; digital still has a pretty distinct look.
Especially with regards to the light sensitivity of CCDs versus film.
Better get a good DP. <g>

Might make the special effects pipe line a bit easier though. It is my
understanding that various special effects heavy shows, and some movies
like the last two Star Wars ones, switched over to digital because it,
among other things, made things a bit easier in that department.

And I'm guessing this in part would explain the million dollars plus
effects budget that was quoted by Dreamwatch. Putting enough extra
detail in CGI models so that they hold up at HD resolutions, and other
issues like the extra rendering time needed, can add a good deal of
cost, from what I understand.

-Shabaz

alex_t

Oct 4, 2006, 7:19:43 AM10/4/06
Thank you for the update!

Question :-)
Are you using "archived" ideas from the original series for the first
batch?

Jon

Oct 3, 2006, 9:06:34 PM10/3/06

Angelika Tobisch wrote:

> Now don't forget "The End of the Markab" and "Captured within the Cybernet".
>
> Angelika,
> glad to hear the great news.

Captured within the Cybernet? Which episode is that?

Jon Frain

Christoph Erichsen

Oct 4, 2006, 3:26:51 AM10/4/06
will the Audio edit be made in DD5.1 Sourround? I was a bit dissapointed
when B5:LR was only DD2.0 Stereo.

Greetings from Germany
Christoph

Angelika Tobisch

Oct 4, 2006, 11:57:43 AM10/4/06
Jon schrieb:

>> Now don't forget "The End of the Markab" and "Captured within the Cybernet".
>

> Captured within the Cybernet? Which episode is that?

"And The Sky Full Of Stars"

Yeah, I know, it hurts.

Angelika

Greg Bryant

Oct 4, 2006, 12:06:27 PM10/4/06
On 10/3/06 5:59 PM, "Angelika Tobisch" wrote:

> Jo'Asia schrieb:
>
>>> Wow..JMS always has the best titles. I wish I was as good at thinking
>>> up titles as he is. And they always cause me to speculate.
>>
>> And they bring out the creativity in German translators! ;>
>>
>> OK, probably Polish titles had been not-so-good - luckily I do not
>> remember them. But judging from "Crusade" it's nothing like morphing "And
>> the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" into "Death of the Schemer" or
>> something like that...

That new title certainly gave away the ending of the episode.

.

Jo'Asia

Oct 4, 2006, 1:38:34 PM10/4/06
Angelika Tobisch wrote:

> Jo'Asia schrieb:

Hey, may be we could make a new guessing game out of this!

"Guess the German title!"

Not knowing what the content would be makes it a little hard, but would we
let such trivial thing to stop us? ;)

Jo'Asia

--
__.-=-. -< Joanna Slupek >----------------------< http://esensja.pl/ >-
--<()> -< joasia @ hell . pl >------< http://bujold.fantastyka.net/ >-

.__.'| -< Nice shark, ... pretty shark. {Babylon 5, Londo Mollari} >-

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 2:18:47 PM10/4/06
Christoph Erichsen wrote:
> will the Audio edit be made in DD5.1 Sourround? I was a bit dissapointed
> when B5:LR was only DD2.0 Stereo.

IANJMS, but I'll take a stab at this one:

B5:LR was mixed in matrixed stereo because that is all that analog TV
channels like Sci-Fi in the US can transmit. Only digital channels,
typically those transmitting in HD, use Dolby Digital. Given that
B5:LR was the least successful of the TV movies Warner Home Video
probably didn't think it worth the expense to remix it for the DVD
release.

Since "B5:LR" is shooting in HD video for direct-to-DVD release and
obviously with an eye towards eventual HD broadcasts and/or syndication
I would be stunned if this weren't mixed in DD 5.1 and then downmixed
(if need be) for analog SD-TV.

Regards,

Joe

Amy Guskin

Oct 4, 2006, 4:56:45 PM10/4/06
(in article <1159985927.1...@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>):

> Christoph Erichsen wrote:
>> will the Audio edit be made in DD5.1 Sourround? I was a bit dissapointed
>> when B5:LR was only DD2.0 Stereo.
>
> IANJMS, but I'll take a stab at this one:
>
> B5:LR was mixed in matrixed stereo because that is all that analog TV
> channels like Sci-Fi in the US can transmit. Only digital channels,
> typically those transmitting in HD, use Dolby Digital. Given that
> B5:LR was the least successful of the TV movies Warner Home Video
> probably didn't think it worth the expense to remix it for the DVD
> release.
>
> Since "B5:LR" is shooting in HD video for direct-to-DVD release <<

You mean "B5:TLT".

Amy

jms...@aol.com

Oct 4, 2006, 5:50:52 PM10/4/06

Joseph DeMartino wrote:
> Christoph Erichsen wrote:
> > will the Audio edit be made in DD5.1 Sourround? I was a bit dissapointed
> > when B5:LR was only DD2.0 Stereo.
>
> IANJMS, but I'll take a stab at this one:
>
> B5:LR was mixed in matrixed stereo because that is all that analog TV
> channels like Sci-Fi in the US can transmit. Only digital channels,
> typically those transmitting in HD, use Dolby Digital. Given that
> B5:LR was the least successful of the TV movies Warner Home Video
> probably didn't think it worth the expense to remix it for the DVD
> release.

Negative; we delivered a 5.1 mix on Rangers to WB. What they did with
it is anybody's guess.

jms

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 5:52:52 PM10/4/06
Jo'Asia wrote:

> > Now don't forget "The End of the Markab" and "Captured within the Cybernet".

> Hey, may be we could make a new guessing game out of this!

> "Guess the German title!"

Based on the examples given so far we won't be able to guess the German
title even if we're given the U.S. title. We'd need the full script so
we could find the plot point it would be least appropriate to give away
in the title. <g> I'm guessing that in Germany "The Empire Strikes
Back" was called "Vader is Luke's Father", "Bladerunner" was "A
Replicant Called Deckard" and "Citizen Kane" opened in theaters under
the title, "It's His Damned Sled, All right? Are You Satisfied?" <g>

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 5:56:17 PM10/4/06
jmsa...@aol.com wrote:

> Negative; we delivered a 5.1 mix on Rangers to WB. What they did with
> it is anybody's guess.

That was my *other* guess. <g> Given WB's preivous history as
custodians of important audio/visual source material, I'm going to
guess "accidentally threw it in the box with the old shirts going to
Goodwill" <g>

Well, based on that I'd assume that "B5;TLT" (thank you, Amy) is going
to be 5.1 as well.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 5:58:59 PM10/4/06
Amy Guskin wrote:

> You mean "B5:TLT".

OK, now you're pushing it, Guskin. <g>

(BTW, am I the only one who thinks of a sandwich when he sees that
abbreviation?)

Regards,

Joe

Amy Guskin

Oct 4, 2006, 6:03:50 PM10/4/06
>> On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:58:59 -0400, Joseph DeMartino wrote
(in article <1159999139.8...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

That would be five slices of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and...tuna? My only
question is, where's the spoo? <g>

Amy

Vorlonagent

Oct 4, 2006, 6:13:58 PM10/4/06

"Amy Guskin" <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message

You and Clara Peller. :)

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

"Spirituality without science has no mind.

Science without spirituality has no heart."

-Methuselah Jones

Shabaz

Oct 4, 2006, 6:15:20 PM10/4/06

Well, that's odd. Maybe if they ever reissue the movie boxset with
Rangers included, someone at WBHV could dig it up, seeing how a good
deal of stuff got added when the Gathering and In the Beginning were
reissued as part of the boxset. Do you think they've actually lost it,
or that because of some communication error or something, they used the
2.0 downmixed version made for TV broadcast on the DVD?

With all the horror stories I've read about rats, and water damage, and
lost computer files, I'm almost surprised they still had the master
reels of B5 in good condition when it came time to make the widescreen
versions for Sci-Fi.

-Shabaz

Jan

Oct 4, 2006, 6:24:10 PM10/4/06
In article <0001HW.C149A844...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

What?! At 20 credits an ounce! ;-)

Jan

--
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.
We are One.
IA Declaration of Principles
(J. Michael Straczynski)

Angelika Tobisch

Oct 4, 2006, 6:33:05 PM10/4/06
Joseph DeMartino schrieb:

You just made my day. Good thing I was only about to drink something.
How about "Horta saves her children"? Yes, it's real. For me, this is
the best thing about DVDs: original versions.

Angelika

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 6:36:00 PM10/4/06
Amy Guskin wrote:

> That would be five slices of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and...tuna? <

Not "tuna", "on toast*. Tuna and bacon don't mix.

> My only question is, where's the spoo? <g> <

Spoo? At 50 credits an ounce? Are you crazy?

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 6:38:45 PM10/4/06
Angelika Tobisch wrote:

> How about "Horta saves her children"? Yes, it's real. <

Proving once again that truth is not only stranger, but also stupider,
than fiction. <g>

Joe

Wesley Struebing

Oct 4, 2006, 7:39:55 PM10/4/06
On 4 Oct 2006 14:58:59 -0700, "Joseph DeMartino"
<jdem...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

It'd be worse, if we formed a fan club for it...

<g, d, & r>

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Wesley Struebing

Oct 4, 2006, 7:40:47 PM10/4/06
On 4 Oct 2006 15:24:10 -0700, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:

>In article <0001HW.C149A844...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
>says...

>>(in article <1159999139.8...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

>>> OK, now you're pushing it, Guskin. <g>
>>>
>>> (BTW, am I the only one who thinks of a sandwich when he sees that
>>> abbreviation?) <<
>>
>>That would be five slices of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and...tuna? My only
>>question is, where's the spoo? <g>
>>

>What?! At 20 credits an ounce! ;-)

Cheap at the price! (we never give spoo enough credit...)

Methuselah Jones

Oct 4, 2006, 8:25:52 PM10/4/06
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan
of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> In article <0001HW.C149A844...@news.verizon.net>, Amy
> Guskin says...

>>(in article <1159999139.8...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

>>> OK, now you're pushing it, Guskin. <g>
>>>
>>> (BTW, am I the only one who thinks of a sandwich when he sees that
>>> abbreviation?) <<
>>
>>That would be five slices of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and...tuna? My
>>only question is, where's the spoo? <g>
>
> What?! At 20 credits an ounce! ;-)

And besides, it just tastes like chicken.

--
Methuselah
"If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself."

Methuselah Jones

Oct 4, 2006, 8:27:52 PM10/4/06
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of
Joseph DeMartino of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

IANAG, but shouldn't that be "B5:TLT"? <G>
^
--
Methuselah
"I'm very good at integral and differential calculus,

Joseph DeMartino

Oct 4, 2006, 8:29:37 PM10/4/06
Wesley Struebing wrote:

> >(BTW, am I the only one who thinks of a sandwich when he sees that
> >abbreviation?)
> >
> It'd be worse, if we formed a fan club for it...

Wouldn't that make it a club sandwich? <g>

OOooh. I think we're about to meet another kind of club. What kind of
sandwich goes with the initials N.B.S.? <g>

Joe

Methuselah Jones

Oct 4, 2006, 8:33:56 PM10/4/06
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of
Angelika Tobisch of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

Hey, that's good old German no-nonsense pragmatism for you! Imagination?
Pah. :)

--
Methuselah
"America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,

Methuselah Jones

Oct 4, 2006, 8:35:42 PM10/4/06
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of
Joseph DeMartino of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> Jo'Asia wrote:

Nah, that's not bland enough. It would be "Dying Newspaper Man Reminisces
About His Boyhood Sled."

--
Methuselah
Entropy isn't what it used to be.

John W. Kennedy

Oct 4, 2006, 9:11:19 PM10/4/06
Shabaz wrote:
> jms...@aol.com wrote:
>> Shabaz wrote:
>>> And thank you for answering my HD question about TLT. The AV nerd in me
>>> is happy. ;) I wonder if this means if it will be shot on film and then
>>> telecined to HD resolutions (usually to 1080p24), or shot with digital
>>> HD cameras (1080i60 or otherwise)? Just curious.
>>>
>> The latter. I figure if I'm gonna learn this stuff, I may as well dive
>> in at the deep end.
>>
>> In for a penny, in for a pounding, I say....
>>
>> jms
>
> This should be interesting; digital still has a pretty distinct look.
> Especially with regards to the light sensitivity of CCDs versus film.
> Better get a good DP. <g>

It doesn't have to be. The Filmlook process has been around for at
least a decade.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres

Christina Wilson

Oct 4, 2006, 10:11:09 PM10/4/06

;p You have to specify location: on Centauri Prime, its a Narn Bacon
Sandwich, of course.

Christina

Amy Guskin

Oct 4, 2006, 10:17:03 PM10/4/06
(in article <R6ydnfPWDsJlrLnY...@comcast.com>):

> "Amy Guskin" <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message
>> (in article <1159999139.8...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

>>> OK, now you're pushing it, Guskin. <g>
>>>
>>> (BTW, am I the only one who thinks of a sandwich when he sees that
>>> abbreviation?) <<
>>
>> That would be five slices of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and...tuna? My only
>> question is, where's the spoo? <g>
>
> You and Clara Peller. :) <<

HA! I looked for a good picture of her to Photoshop, but there were
surprisingly few, all very small.

Amy

Jeffrey Kaplan

Oct 4, 2006, 10:28:51 PM10/4/06
It is alleged that Joseph DeMartino claimed:

No. And I don't even like tomatos.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #206.
When my Legions of Terror park their vehicle to do reconnaissance on
foot, they will be instructed to employ The Club.

Richard Fallstrom

Oct 4, 2006, 10:47:45 PM10/4/06
<jms...@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm kind of up against it right now on an assortment of deadlines, so
> this'll be quick, but I did want to address some of the questions that
> have been asked.
>
> Yes, we're shooting this HD, so this is going to be quite a learning
> curve for me as a director, since I've never shot HD before. There's
> also a HUGE amount of green-screen involved, so again, lots of learning
> to be done.
>
> For those who are getting the B5 scripts books -- and eventually the
> B5:TLT scripts will be released -- you'll notice a substantial
> difference between them and these scripts in that I decided to kind of
> direct them on the page more than usual: calling out specific angles
> and camera directions, locations and setups more than in any prior B5
> script. It probably resembles an animation script more than a standard
> TV script, because it incorporates my directorial notes, shot for shot,
> as we go.
>
> The first three-segment DVD is called "Voices in the Dark." We've
> narrowed down the cast, and hope to have their deals closed this week.
> There are already ten crew members working on this thing up in
> Vancouver, pulling together stages, offices and other prep work. The
> first day of shooting will likely be either November 13th or 14th (due
> to a Canadian holiday). The last twiddlings to the script should be
> done by this coming Monday. Storyboarding starts the end of this week.
>
> It's balls-to-the-wall right now, but it should be fun in the end.
>
> jms
>

> message content (c) 2006
> synthetic worlds, ltd.
> permission to reprint
> specifically denied to
> SFX Magazine

Joe:

Need any help? I live just south of Vancouver, BC.

Thanks,

Rick
.

Amy Guskin

Oct 4, 2006, 10:49:28 PM10/4/06
>> On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:29:37 -0400, Joseph DeMartino wrote
(in article <1160008177.0...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

Natto, bacon and salmonella?

:-O

Amy

Richard Fallstrom

Oct 4, 2006, 10:52:44 PM10/4/06
In article <Xns9852CFD662D2Bme...@216.196.97.131>,
Methuselah Jones <methu...@altgeek.org> wrote:

> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan
> of rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:
>
> > In article <0001HW.C149A844...@news.verizon.net>, Amy
> > Guskin says...

> >>(in article <1159999139.8...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> >>That would be five slices of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and...tuna? My
> >>only question is, where's the spoo? <g>
> >
> > What?! At 20 credits an ounce! ;-)
>
> And besides, it just tastes like chicken.

Query:

Did you just finish the first part of Season 5 again?

*grins like a Pak Ma Rah that just ate someone's dead cat*
.

derek...@sbcglobal.net

</