A surprise, or so I thought!

diyan55

Feb 10, 2009, 6:11:46 PM2/10/09
I saw the following as, what I thought, was a B5 ad-

'Available now, An animated Valen...'

But, as no good deed goes unpunished, I turned to the remaining text
and read...'tine."

The entire message reads, "Available, an animated Valentine
Card...Bla, bla, bla.

What a letdown.

Matt Ion

Feb 11, 2009, 12:19:43 PM2/11/09

Just out of boredom, I googled "Valen"... found a few interesting things...

Like, people are actually naming their kids Valen:
http://www.goodjobvalen.com/

Or how about an actress by the name of Nancy Valen?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0883940/

There's also a plastics-and-composites engineering outfit called Valen
Technologies (http://www.valen-technologies.com/)... I wonder if they
also do transparent aluminum? ;)

Amy Guskin

Feb 11, 2009, 1:38:45 PM2/11/09
>> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:11:46 -0500, thus spake diyan55 (in article
<93c66ee2-f606-409e...@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>):

This is from five years ago, but still amusing (and related):

http://www.fjordstone.com/valen.jpg

I posted it here in 2004 -- it was some weird ABC holiday promo that I
happened to tape (probably during All My Children, which I've been watching
for some decades).

Amy
--
Ten Thousand Questions Blog:
A Question a Day for Journaling, Self-Discovery, and Transformation

Dan Dassow

Feb 11, 2009, 1:45:34 PM2/11/09
On Feb 11, 11:19 am, Matt Ion <soundy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> diyan55 wrote:
> > I saw the following as, what I thought, was a B5 ad-
>
> > 'Available now, An animated Valen...'
>
> > But, as no good deed goes unpunished, I turned to the remaining text
> > and read...'tine."
>
> > The entire message reads, "Available, an animated Valentine
> > Card...Bla, bla, bla.
>
> > What a letdown.
>
> Just out of boredom, I googled "Valen"... found a few interesting things...
>
> Like, people are actually naming their kids Valen:http://www.goodjobvalen.com/
>
> Or how about an actress by the name of Nancy Valen?http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0883940/

> There's also a plastics-and-composites engineering outfit called Valen
> Technologies (http://www.valen-technologies.com/)... I wonder if they
> also do transparent aluminum? ;)

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Valen

The boy's name Valen \v(a)-len\, also used as girl's name Valen, is a
variant of Valentine (Latin), and the meaning of Valen is "strong,
healthy".

Valen is a very rare male first name and a popular surname (source:
1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend
for the boy's name Valen. Compare Valen with related baby names.

http://www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/meaning/valen/

Valen
English · Male
Strong. Variant of Valentinus; the name of more than 50 saints and
three Roman emperors.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22baby+names%22+valen

Dan Dassow

Matt Ion

Feb 11, 2009, 11:53:04 PM2/11/09

Hmm... Valen tines, you say?

No forkin' way!

diyan55

Feb 12, 2009, 10:14:09 AM2/12/09

Are you trying to 'scoop' me? Or, maybe you'd like to 'spoon' ! 8-)

Donald Arseneau

Feb 12, 2009, 4:26:55 AM2/12/09
On Feb 11, 10:53 pm, Matt Ion <soundy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... Valen tines, you say?

Valen tines? Are they the points on the head bone?

Donald Arseneau

Mike Ross

Feb 14, 2009, 10:43:57 AM2/14/09

And of course, not forgetting...