JMS Murder She Wrote Scripts?

dac...@worldnet.att.net

Jul 18, 2006, 4:31:20 AM7/18/06
Happy Birthday Joe!
Looking forward to attending you panels at SDCC this week. I never miss

them.
By the way, any plans to publish your Murder She Wrote scripts in the
future?
Take care
Dave

jms...@aol.com

Jul 19, 2006, 5:37:41 AM7/19/06

If there's sufficient interest, yeah.

jms

www.declarationofprinciples.com

Craig

Jul 19, 2006, 3:12:46 PM7/19/06
On 18 Jul 2006 01:31:20 -0700, dac...@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>Happy Birthday Joe!
>Looking forward to attending you panels at SDCC this week. I never miss

Please, please please post a transcript...a summary....at least what
THE ANNOUNCEMENT is. Please.

Craig

Amy Guskin

Jul 19, 2006, 4:24:33 PM7/19/06
>> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:12:46 -0400, Craig wrote
(in article <hv0tb29866vtj7js9...@4ax.com>):

You must not hang around here much. Of _course_ someone's going to post what
the announcement is, probably really soon after it's announced, even.

Amy

Joseph DeMartino

Jul 19, 2006, 4:43:12 PM7/19/06
Amy Guskin wrote:

> You must not hang around here much. Of _course_ someone's going to post what
> the announcement is, probably really soon after it's announced, even.

Please, somebody will probably be live blogging the talk in realtime
from their Crackberry. <g>

Regards,

Joe

Amy Guskin

Jul 19, 2006, 5:25:42 PM7/19/06
>> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:43:12 -0400, Joseph DeMartino wrote
(in article <1153341792....@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>):

Yeah, I thought as much myself, but didn't want to suggest it. I figured I'd
say it was going to happen, and then the person with said Crackberry would go
and have technical problems or something and make a liar out of me...

Amy

Jan

Jul 19, 2006, 6:33:13 PM7/19/06
In article <hv0tb29866vtj7js9...@4ax.com>, Craig says...

Looks like there's more than one of us here so I'm sure the news will be posted
soonest. JMS's spotlight panel is on Saturday afternoon (5-6 PM Pacific) and
I'd expect that that's where/when the announcement will be made. But just in
case, I'll make the sacrifice of attending all of his panels. <g>

Jan

--
We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future.

Wesley Struebing

Jul 19, 2006, 7:15:11 PM7/19/06
On 19 Jul 2006 13:43:12 -0700, "Joseph DeMartino"
<jdem...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Would that be you, Joe? <grin>

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Joseph DeMartino

Jul 19, 2006, 8:37:05 PM7/19/06
Wesley Struebing wrote:

> Would that be you, Joe? <grin>

Sadly, no. I have neither the time nor the money for a trip to Sand
Diego - or a Crackberry, for that matter. <g> So I'll be depending
on Jan and others for the news.

Regards,

Joe

Iva

Jul 19, 2006, 10:08:11 PM7/19/06

"Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message

> In article <hv0tb29866vtj7js9...@4ax.com>, Craig says...
>>
>>On 18 Jul 2006 01:31:20 -0700, dac...@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>>
>>>Happy Birthday Joe!
>>>Looking forward to attending you panels at SDCC this week. I never miss
>>>
>>Please, please please post a transcript...a summary....at least what
>>THE ANNOUNCEMENT is. Please.
>>
>>Craig
>

> Looks like there's more than one of us here so I'm sure the news will be
> posted
> soonest. JMS's spotlight panel is on Saturday afternoon (5-6 PM Pacific)
> and
> I'd expect that that's where/when the announcement will be made. But just
> in
> case, I'll make the sacrifice of attending all of his panels. <g>

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it! <g>

-----
Iva

The Nuclear Marine

Jul 20, 2006, 12:17:37 AM7/20/06
jms...@aol.com wrote in news:1153301861.254883.193070
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> jms
>
> www.declarationofprinciples.com

Well, it piqued my wife's interest. I'm not much of the collectable
collector.

I'm waiting for G'kar's revised draft to be released. Or is that one of
those artistic "left to the imagination" type thing?

Nuke (proud owner of a SDCC G'Kar hand fan, which considering this heatwave
may see a little use this week-end)

--
There comes a time in every man's life when he must die - Charles Applin

I'm kinda divided on this whole abortion issue. On one hand, I'm not about
to let no woman control nothing, especially her own body. On the other
hand, I really hate babies.

Amy Guskin

Jul 20, 2006, 8:22:18 AM7/20/06
(in article <Xns9805D89CB6...@70.169.32.36>):

> jms...@aol.com wrote in news:1153301861.254883.193070
> @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>> jms
>>
>> www.declarationofprinciples.com
>>

> Well, it piqued my wife's interest. I'm not much of the collectable
> collector.
>
> I'm waiting for G'kar's revised draft to be released. Or is that one of
> those artistic "left to the imagination" type thing?
>
> Nuke (proud owner of a SDCC G'Kar hand fan, which considering this heatwave
> may see a little use this week-end) <<

Nuke, did they give those out this year? Was it a memorial tribute of some
kind?

What does it say?

Amy

Jay Denebeim

Jul 20, 2006, 9:44:03 AM7/20/06
In article <0001HW.C0E40E0D...@news.verizon.net>,
Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>You must not hang around here much. Of _course_ someone's going to post what
>the announcement is, probably really soon after it's announced, even.

Might be several laptops in the audience actually.

Jay

--
* Jay Denebeim Moderator rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5...@deepthot.org *

Thunder 06

Jul 20, 2006, 12:31:51 PM7/20/06
Uh oh... you mentioned a G'kar item in a place where Amy could read it. ;)

t.k.

Wesley Struebing

Jul 20, 2006, 7:09:16 PM7/20/06
On 19 Jul 2006 17:37:05 -0700, "Joseph DeMartino"
<jdem...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Here, come sit down. I'm reserving seats in the front row for Jan's
return...

Roseann

Jul 20, 2006, 9:17:46 PM7/20/06
Oh my! One of my clients referred to his as that and I feel out laughing.
He freely admits that he was doing business fine without one, but since he's
gotten one, doesn't know how he did without it. I love that term for them.

--
Roseann
In brightest day, in blackest night
"Joseph DeMartino" <jdem...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Roseann

Jul 20, 2006, 9:33:02 PM7/20/06
[waves hand over head]

Interest right here! Particularly if you do them in the same fashion as you
did the B5 ones.

Ohhh, I would love to have, mmmmm, let me think, "Incident in Lot 7"?
That's the one in the Psycho House, yes? I love that one.

--
Roseann
In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my site.
For those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power - Green Lantern's Light!

<jms...@aol.com> wrote in message

dac...@worldnet.att.net

Jul 20, 2006, 11:40:03 PM7/20/06

Roseann wrote:
> [waves hand over head]
>
> Interest right here! Particularly if you do them in the same fashion as you
> did the B5 ones.
>
> Ohhh, I would love to have, mmmmm, let me think, "Incident in Lot 7"?
> That's the one in the Psycho House, yes? I love that one.
>

> --
> Roseann

Definite interest here as well. I would love to have them all collected
in the same fashion as well. Anybody else?
Pleeeaase!
; )
Dave

Jan

Jul 21, 2006, 12:41:32 AM7/21/06
In article <v730c2lale6ajnl31...@4ax.com>, Wesley Struebing
says...

No pressure, huh? <g>

I went to the Marvel 'Civil War' panel today. JMS was there but so were *lots*
of other panelists. He did respond to questions but nothing was said that was
non-comic related.

Jan

Jul 21, 2006, 12:46:25 AM7/21/06
In article <1153453203.0...@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
dac...@worldnet.att.net says...

Oh, okay...I mean everybody here *knows* I haven't the slightest interest in
scripts but...for the good of the group, sure bring 'em on.

(Yes, please! Pretty please? With sugar?)

Jan
>Pleeeaase!
>; )
>Dave

The Nuclear Marine

Jul 21, 2006, 12:57:21 AM7/21/06
Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in

>>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:17:37 -0400, The Nuclear Marine wrote
> (in article <Xns9805D89CB6...@70.169.32.36>):
>

>> Nuke (proud owner of a SDCC G'Kar hand fan, which considering this
>> heatwave may see a little use this week-end) <<
>
> Nuke, did they give those out this year? Was it a memorial tribute of
> some kind?
>
> What does it say?

It's an advertisement for the internet broadcasting of various shows by
Warner Brothers on in2tv.com, which also works as a nice handfan. There's a
similar one for Wonder Woman's Linda Carter.

Looks like a G'Kar from the second season. Don't ask me why I say that, it
just feels like it.

Nuke

Jan

Jul 21, 2006, 1:13:03 AM7/21/06
In article <Xns9806DF598...@70.169.32.36>, The Nuclear Marine says...

>Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in

>> (in article <Xns9805D89CB6...@70.169.32.36>):
>>
>>> Nuke (proud owner of a SDCC G'Kar hand fan, which considering this
>>> heatwave may see a little use this week-end) <<
>>
>> Nuke, did they give those out this year? Was it a memorial tribute of
>> some kind?
>>
>> What does it say?
>>

>It's an advertisement for the internet broadcasting of various shows by
>Warner Brothers on in2tv.com, which also works as a nice handfan. There's a
>similar one for Wonder Woman's Linda Carter.
>
>Looks like a G'Kar from the second season. Don't ask me why I say that, it
>just feels like it.
>
>Nuke

Where'd you get it, Nuke? I didn't see them on the freebie tables.

Jan

Amy Guskin

Jul 21, 2006, 9:11:13 AM7/21/06
>> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:57:21 -0400, The Nuclear Marine wrote
(in article <Xns9806DF598...@70.169.32.36>):

> Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in

>> (in article <Xns9805D89CB6...@70.169.32.36>):
>>
>>> Nuke (proud owner of a SDCC G'Kar hand fan, which considering this
>>> heatwave may see a little use this week-end) <<
>>
>> Nuke, did they give those out this year? Was it a memorial tribute of
>> some kind?
>>
>> What does it say?
>>

> It's an advertisement for the internet broadcasting of various shows by
> Warner Brothers on in2tv.com, which also works as a nice handfan. There's a
> similar one for Wonder Woman's Linda Carter.
>
> Looks like a G'Kar from the second season. Don't ask me why I say that, it
> just feels like it. <<

Thanks. And, where can Jan pick one of those up for me...? She hasn't seen
them yet.

Amy

Craig Riekena

Jul 20, 2006, 12:58:19 PM7/20/06
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:24:33 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

>You must not hang around here much.

Only since about '95.

>Of _course_ someone's going to post what
>the announcement is, probably really soon after it's announced, even.

I do QA..it's not in my nature to assume ;-).

Jan has posted the appromimate time below ...guess I'm an American so
it's not in my nature to be real patient!

Jay has implied that dictation/notation will take place so I'm feeling
good...I can't make the trip but always love the detailed, and the
more detaied the better, accounts.

Pictures are a bonus too.

Craig

Amy Guskin

Jul 21, 2006, 9:11:51 AM7/21/06
(in article <e9pno...@drn.newsguy.com>):

> In article <Xns9806DF598...@70.169.32.36>, The Nuclear Marine
> says...
>>
>> Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in

>>> (in article <Xns9805D89CB6...@70.169.32.36>):

>>> Nuke, did they give those out this year? Was it a memorial tribute of
>>> some kind?
>>>
>>> What does it say?
>>>

>> It's an advertisement for the internet broadcasting of various shows by
>> Warner Brothers on in2tv.com, which also works as a nice handfan. There's a
>> similar one for Wonder Woman's Linda Carter.
>>
>> Looks like a G'Kar from the second season. Don't ask me why I say that, it
>> just feels like it.
>>
>> Nuke
>

> Where'd you get it, Nuke? I didn't see them on the freebie tables. <<

Way ahead of me, as always. :-)

Amy

Roseann

Jul 21, 2006, 6:30:20 PM7/21/06
Thanks for the extra help. :-)

And since you said pretty please with sugar....

[hands jan a bowl with large variety of chocolate items]

Care for some chocolate?

--
Roseann
In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my site.
For those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power - Green Lantern's Light!

"Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jan

Jul 21, 2006, 9:31:06 PM7/21/06
In article <0Acwg.1338$qZ2.444@trndny01>, Roseann says...

>Thanks for the extra help. :-)
>
>And since you said pretty please with sugar....
>
>[hands jan a bowl with large variety of chocolate items]
>
>Care for some chocolate?

Oooh, dark chocolate, thanks! You sure know my price (one of them, at least).

Mmmm...

Jan

The Nuclear Marine

Jul 22, 2006, 1:10:07 AM7/22/06
Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in

They were at the freebie table the first day. I got two (one for my wife
and me), and feel silly for not grabbing a bit more.

Not much from Comic-Con, just a word or two with jms (literally), sponge-
bob (Tom Kenny), Yakko Warner (Rob Paulson), fellow that did a CGI
Optimus Prime and Gene Roddenberry's son. Well, that and some nice panels
(Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, Boonedocks, and Dark Crystal).

I still enjoy walking the floor and viewing every booth. One booth had a
gentlemen that helped on the special effects of B5's first season, and
another had a lady with an insidious sales tactics. She showed naked
photos of herself and asked you to buy her calender. I kept my sixty
dollars thank you very much.

Wendy of NJ

Jul 22, 2006, 1:44:11 PM7/22/06

Was it Angelique Pettijohn? ("I am your drill thrall") - she was doing
something like that at LAConII in 1984, and also asking everyone to
sign a petition for Paramount to make "Star Trek: Revenge of Shana".

-Wendy

Dan Dassow

Jul 22, 2006, 2:45:37 PM7/22/06

Wendy,

Unfortunately, according to the IMDB
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0678821/)Angelique Pettijohn died February
14, 1992. It had to be someone else.

Dan Dassow

Matt Ion

Jul 22, 2006, 2:55:27 PM7/22/06
Amy Guskin wrote:
>>>On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:12:46 -0400, Craig wrote
>
> (in article <hv0tb29866vtj7js9...@4ax.com>):

>>On 18 Jul 2006 01:31:20 -0700, dac...@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>>

>>>Happy Birthday Joe!
>>>Looking forward to attending you panels at SDCC this week. I never miss
>>>

>>Please, please please post a transcript...a summary....at least what
>>THE ANNOUNCEMENT is. Please. <<
>

> You must not hang around here much. Of _course_ someone's going to post what
> the announcement is, probably really soon after it's announced, even.

I'd be shocked if someone isn't sitting there with a laptop posting it
as it happens... gotta love modern technology.

Jan

Jul 22, 2006, 10:39:01 PM7/22/06
Hijacking this thread since the SDCC thread I started this morning isn't up yet.

Here’s the news in the order JMS gave it at the panel. I’m posting it pretty
much simultaneously to the moderated newsgroup and to JMSNews.

--JMS sold a movie to Ron Howard. It’s a thriller/mystery movie set in the ‘20s
in Los Angeles. They want to get it into production as fast as possible and JMS
is flying up there on the 3rd to meet with Ron Howard and those guys to go over
the script and make sure everything is where it needs to be. It’s going to be a
big budget film. Ron Howard is a nice guy. The first time JMS had a phone
conference with him about the script, JMS called him Mr. Howard and the reply
was “You hired my dad on Babylon 5, you can call me whatever you want.”
Possibly it could be in production by the first part of next year.

--JMS was up in Toronto recently and they did a 12 episode radio drama series
for the CBC called the Adventures of Apocalypse Al. It’s kind of a film noir
style comedy drama science fiction supernatural series a la Men In Black or
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It’s in little 5 minute chunks and it’s
fall-down funny.

--A pilot for Touchstone has started for a dramatic prime time network series
called Borrowed Lives. It was actually sold last year but it was too late to go
into development but now they’re actually in the script stage.

--Rising Stars is in development with Sam Raimi’s production company for a
series.

--Midnight Nation is being bid on by two different studios for a movie.

--He pitched Dream Police to a major studio, they want to do a motion picture
and they’re negotiating now for JMS to write it.

--And there’s something else…WB came to him as they do periodically wanting to
do something with B5. They asked if he wanted to do a feature film but JMS
declined mainly because he can’t yet picture structuring a B5 movie “…as long as
Andreas and Rick insist on staying dead.” Maybe in a year or two he’ll be able
to but right now he can’t do something big. What JMS suggested was a bunch of
short films—little mini-movies, an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe.
They said, “Okay.” There’s a network already interested in carrying them but
they’re also planned for direct to DVD. This will be “Babylon 5 – The Lost
Tales’, a lot of small stories that never made it into the series that he’s
rediscovered notes for. And JMS wants no interference, complete creative
support – in writing. They said, “Okay.” And JMS wants to direct them. They
said, “Okay.” The first will be three individual stories about three of the
main characters (to be determined). The plan is to shoot in September,
post-production Oct.-Dec. and they’ll probably come out the second quarter of
2007.

I’ll attempt more of a transcript later on but that’s the highlights.

Jan
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph DeMartino

Jul 22, 2006, 10:47:05 PM7/22/06
Jan wrote:
> Hijacking this thread since the SDCC thread I started this morning isn't up yet.

Cool news. Thanks Jan.

Joe

Amy Guskin

Jul 22, 2006, 11:34:24 PM7/22/06
I can't tell you how delighted I am! Both for JMS as an all-around good guy
(and it's always nice when someone you like gets good news or has some
significant success), but also because I'm extremely delighted, always, to
see talented rewarded. And very pleased to know that Hollywood still
sometimes appreciates good writing.

Thanks for the news, Jan!

Amy

Robert Bernardo

Jul 23, 2006, 12:20:15 AM7/23/06
All of this is really great news!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo

Matt Ion

Jul 23, 2006, 12:28:14 AM7/23/06
Jan wrote:
> Hijacking this thread since the SDCC thread I started this morning isn't up yet.

Weeeelllll.... okay, I guess we'll allow it... THIS time...

> --JMS sold a movie to Ron Howard. It’s a thriller/mystery movie set in the ‘20s
> in Los Angeles. They want to get it into production as fast as possible and JMS
> is flying up there on the 3rd to meet with Ron Howard and those guys to go over
> the script and make sure everything is where it needs to be. It’s going to be a
> big budget film. Ron Howard is a nice guy. The first time JMS had a phone
> conference with him about the script, JMS called him Mr. Howard and the reply
> was “You hired my dad on Babylon 5, you can call me whatever you want.”
> Possibly it could be in production by the first part of next year.

Opie is DA MAN :)

> --And there’s something else…WB came to him as they do periodically wanting to
> do something with B5. They asked if he wanted to do a feature film but JMS
> declined mainly because he can’t yet picture structuring a B5 movie “…as long as
> Andreas and Rick insist on staying dead.” Maybe in a year or two he’ll be able
> to but right now he can’t do something big. What JMS suggested was a bunch of
> short films—little mini-movies, an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe.
> They said, “Okay.” There’s a network already interested in carrying them but
> they’re also planned for direct to DVD. This will be “Babylon 5 – The Lost
> Tales’, a lot of small stories that never made it into the series that he’s
> rediscovered notes for. And JMS wants no interference, complete creative
> support – in writing. They said, “Okay.” And JMS wants to direct them. They
> said, “Okay.” The first will be three individual stories about three of the
> main characters (to be determined). The plan is to shoot in September,
> post-production Oct.-Dec. and they’ll probably come out the second quarter of
> 2007.

That shudder you all just felt wasn't an earthquake... that was my jaw impacting
the floor...

shawn

Jul 23, 2006, 2:22:09 AM7/23/06
On 22 Jul 2006 19:39:01 -0700, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:

>Hijacking this thread since the SDCC thread I started this morning isn't up yet.
>
>Here’s the news in the order JMS gave it at the panel. I’m posting it pretty
>much simultaneously to the moderated newsgroup and to JMSNews.
>
>--JMS sold a movie to Ron Howard. It’s a thriller/mystery movie set in the ‘20s
>in Los Angeles. They want to get it into production as fast as possible and JMS
>is flying up there on the 3rd to meet with Ron Howard and those guys to go over
>the script and make sure everything is where it needs to be.

Very cool. I wondered about Ron Howard doing the work but it sounds
like that is a done deal. This is great news for JMS.

>--JMS was up in Toronto recently and they did a 12 episode radio drama series
>for the CBC called the Adventures of Apocalypse Al. It’s kind of a film noir
>style comedy drama science fiction supernatural series a la Men In Black or
>Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It’s in little 5 minute chunks and it’s
>fall-down funny.

Too bad we probably won't get to hear it in the states. :(

>--A pilot for Touchstone has started for a dramatic prime time network series
>called Borrowed Lives. It was actually sold last year but it was too late to go
>into development but now they’re actually in the script stage.

Interesting. Would like to know more about the concept, but JMS tends
to do good work so it should turn out well.

>--Rising Stars is in development with Sam Raimi’s production company for a
>series.

Even more interesting. So it looks like we could have a new JMS series
and a feature film in 2008. That would be an overload. :)

>--Midnight Nation is being bid on by two different studios for a movie.

Wow.. They must be very interested for two studios to put up bids.

>--He pitched Dream Police to a major studio, they want to do a motion picture
>and they’re negotiating now for JMS to write it.

Wow.. How is it that all of this seems to be hitting at once? It's not
JMS suddenly gained some amazing talent but it seems like they all
just noticed he does some great work at once. Maybe it's that
Hollywood studio logic of "JMS has a movie picked up and may (now
will) be working with Ron Howard on it so we need him to do something
for us,NOW!"

>--And there’s something else…WB came to him as they do periodically wanting to
>do something with B5. They asked if he wanted to do a feature film but JMS
>declined mainly because he can’t yet picture structuring a B5 movie “…as long as
>Andreas and Rick insist on staying dead.” Maybe in a year or two he’ll be able
>to but right now he can’t do something big. What JMS suggested was a bunch of
>short films—little mini-movies, an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe.
>They said, “Okay.” There’s a network already interested in carrying them but
>they’re also planned for direct to DVD. This will be “Babylon 5 – The Lost
>Tales’, a lot of small stories that never made it into the series that he’s
>rediscovered notes for. And JMS wants no interference, complete creative
>support – in writing. They said, “Okay.” And JMS wants to direct them. They
>said, “Okay.” The first will be three individual stories about three of the
>main characters (to be determined). The plan is to shoot in September,
>post-production Oct.-Dec. and they’ll probably come out the second quarter of
>2007.

Even Better news! Excellent. I can see why JMS isn't ready to tackle
major Babylon 5 work, and while I'm sad that we won't see it any time
soon, I am VERY HAPPY we will be getting some new B5 work. Any work is
better than none.

>I’ll attempt more of a transcript later on but that’s the highlights.

thanks for the update and "Woo Hoo!!!!" indeed!

shawn

Jul 23, 2006, 2:23:24 AM7/23/06
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 03:34:24 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

>I can't tell you how delighted I am! Both for JMS as an all-around good guy

I find it amazing how much Hollywood seems to actively dislike good
writing. It is amazing when you find the good stuff and I'm very
pleased they will be using more of JMS's work.

Greg Bryant

Jul 23, 2006, 12:02:22 AM7/23/06
All of these are GREAT news!

On 7/22/06 10:39 PM, "Jan" wrote:

> Hijacking this thread since the SDCC thread I started this morning isn't up
> yet.
>
> Here¹s the news in the order JMS gave it at the panel. I¹m posting it pretty
> much simultaneously to the moderated newsgroup and to JMSNews.
>
> --JMS sold a movie to Ron Howard. It¹s a thriller/mystery movie set in the

> ~L20s

> in Los Angeles. They want to get it into production as fast as possible and
> JMS
> is flying up there on the 3rd to meet with Ron Howard and those guys to go
> over
> the script and make sure everything is where it needs to be. It¹s going to be
> big budget film. Ron Howard is a nice guy. The first time JMS had a phone
> conference with him about the script, JMS called him Mr. Howard and the reply
> was ³You hired my dad on Babylon 5, you can call me whatever you want.²
> Possibly it could be in production by the first part of next year.
>
> --JMS was up in Toronto recently and they did a 12 episode radio drama series
> for the CBC called the Adventures of Apocalypse Al. It¹s kind of a film noir
> style comedy drama science fiction supernatural series a la Men In Black or
> Hitchhiker¹s Guide to the Galaxy. It¹s in little 5 minute chunks and it¹s
> fall-down funny.
>
> --A pilot for Touchstone has started for a dramatic prime time network series
> called Borrowed Lives. It was actually sold last year but it was too late to
> go
> into development but now they¹re actually in the script stage.
>
> --Rising Stars is in development with Sam Raimi¹s production company for a
> series.
>
> --Midnight Nation is being bid on by two different studios for a movie.
>
> --He pitched Dream Police to a major studio, they want to do a motion picture
> and they¹re negotiating now for JMS to write it.
>

> --And there¹s something else~JWB came to him as they do periodically wanting to

> do something with B5. They asked if he wanted to do a feature film but JMS

> declined mainly because he can¹t yet picture structuring a B5 movie ³~Jas long

> as
> Andreas and Rick insist on staying dead.² Maybe in a year or two he¹ll be
> able
> to but right now he can¹t do something big. What JMS suggested was a bunch of

> short films~Klittle mini-movies, an anthology show set in the Babylon 5

Ranger Elenopa

Jul 23, 2006, 7:06:38 AM7/23/06
Gosh!

I'm still trying to get my head around everything that was announced.
If it all happens, I am going to be busy trying to follow everything.

The B5 thing looks interesting. 'Lost Tales'; oh the possibilities.

Congrats Joe!

Ranger Elenopa

Mark Alexander Bertenshaw

Jul 23, 2006, 7:58:22 AM7/23/06

> Hijacking this thread since the SDCC thread I started this morning isn't
up yet.

> --And there’s something else…WB came to him as they do periodically

Excellent news! I've been waiting for something along those lines for ages.
The really big gaps that need to be plugged are: What happened to Vir, what
happened to Lyta, and what happened to Lennier. I know that the former was
covered by the CP trilogy, but it would be great if we could go straight to
the end of that story, with the audience being given the backstory in
pieces. We would start with David's birthday and end just after the War
Without End flashback, with Vir saving the day. This was is important to me
because we never got the feeling in Sleeping in Light that Vir was anything
more than a buffoon, when in fact the CP trilogy told us that he was now an
ultra-competent leader.

The only problem, of course, is with Andreas Katsulas no longer with us, we
wouldn't be able to add extra footage showing him coming to Centauri Prime.
Then again, if the story is told in the same way that War Without End added
to Babylon Squared, telling the other side of the story, we could leave
G'Kar and Londo's story as a bubble around which the other story surrounds.

--
Mark Bertenshaw
Kingston upon Thames

Dennis (Icarus)

Jul 23, 2006, 8:43:15 AM7/23/06
"Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message
<snippage of all sorts of good news>
> Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tera-dittos! Woo-hoo indeed!
Cograts to JMS!
Thanks for posting this, Jan.

Dennis

.

Amy Guskin

Jul 23, 2006, 9:40:57 AM7/23/06
>> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:58:22 -0400, Mark Alexander Bertenshaw wrote
(in article <44c36439$0$3516$ed26...@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>):

I think it's a little soon for JMS to be writing something that requires him
to work around Andreas's death - or Rick's, which I think was the point of
that comment Jan referenced.

I'm as happy as anyone else that we're going to get more B5, but I'm also
more than a little sad that it took WB this long to realize the value of
original cast B5 -- the audience it draws, the money it brings in. Just long
enough for Andreas not to be able to participate in it.

I'm sure I'll love the new stories, but it'll be hard not to notice the
glaring absences...

Amy

Christina Wilson

Jul 23, 2006, 9:43:54 AM7/23/06
Dennis (Icarus) wrote:
> "Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message
> <snippage of all sorts of good news>
>> Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When it rains it pours! Wow.

And the B5 news...:) What good news to wake up to.

Does that include Crusade stories?

Christina

(I'm starting another fund to buy those DVDs).

Joseph DeMartino

Jul 23, 2006, 9:52:25 AM7/23/06
Christina Wilson wrote:

> Does that include Crusade stories?

It may be a bit early to consider those, but depending on how the
initial batch does on air and on DVD, I would imagine anything is
possible.

Regards,

Joe

krueg...@hotmail.com

Jul 23, 2006, 10:00:54 AM7/23/06

Amy Guskin wrote:
> I'm as happy as anyone else that we're going to get more B5, but I'm also
> more than a little sad that it took WB this long to realize the value of
> original cast B5 -- the audience it draws, the money it brings in. Just long
> enough for Andreas not to be able to participate in it.
>
> I'm sure I'll love the new stories, but it'll be hard not to notice the
> glaring absences...

It is frustrating to think about what might have been. I wonder what
makes them interested in a new B5 project right now?

Jan

Jul 23, 2006, 10:24:02 AM7/23/06
In article <1153663254.6...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
krueg...@hotmail.com says...

Half a billion dollars in DVD sales, I gather.

Jan

krueg...@hotmail.com

Jul 23, 2006, 10:34:18 AM7/23/06