Jay's new parrot

Cheryl Martin

Feb 17, 2009, 8:02:31 PM2/17/09

I posted some pics of Lance so I thought I would post one of Jay's new
bird, Satay. Satay is an umbrella cockatoo and very sweet.

http://www.grumpywitch.org/satay.jpg

Cheryl
--
*Moderator: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated ,sci.space.moderated *
*http://www.grumpywitch.org http://dragonnette.livejournal.com *

Captain Infinity

Feb 17, 2009, 8:49:40 PM2/17/09
Once Upon A Time,
Cheryl Martin wrote:

>I posted some pics of Lance so I thought I would post one of Jay's new
>bird, Satay. Satay is an umbrella cockatoo and very sweet.
>
>http://www.grumpywitch.org/satay.jpg

He looks delicious. ;-)

**
Captain Infinity

Jay Denebeim

Feb 19, 2009, 12:26:04 AM2/19/09
In article <u8qmp454nu7fkhf8k...@4ax.com>,

She. And I doubt you could get a plate of Satay out of her. It's
still good to keep her in line though ;-)

I chose the name mostly to be evil. However it turns out that most
people think cockatoos come from Australia. Satay is usually eaten in
Thai restaurants, so I would think most people would think the dish
was Thai.

Turns out both things are incorrect. Both the meat on a stick and the
silly parrot with the exploding head come from Indonesia. And of
course much like Satay the food likes being dunked in peanut sauce
Satay the silly bird likes eating peanuts.

Also presumably they both taste like chicken.

Jay
--
* Jay Denebeim Moderator rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5...@deepthot.org *

Iva

Feb 21, 2009, 11:02:05 AM2/21/09
Cheryl Martin wrote:
> I posted some pics of Lance so I thought I would post one of
> Jay's new
> bird, Satay. Satay is an umbrella cockatoo and very sweet.
>
> http://www.grumpywitch.org/satay.jpg

Pretty birdie! Congrats on the new avian roommate.

We're still looking for a new feline buddy - our female is
driving us crazy since we lost her "little" brother.
-----
Iva

Dan Dassow

Feb 21, 2009, 5:33:27 PM2/21/09
On Feb 21, 10:02 am, "Iva" <i...@ptd.net> wrote:
> Cheryl Martin wrote:
> > I posted some pics of Lance so I thought I would post one of
> > Jay's new
> > bird, Satay.  Satay is an umbrella cockatoo and very sweet.
>
> >http://www.grumpywitch.org/satay.jpg
>
> Pretty birdie!  Congrats on the new avian roommate.

Satay, looks a lot like the bird sitting on John Malkovich's shoulder
during one of the Changeling DVD special feature, "Partners in Crime:
Clint Eastwood and Angelina Jolie".

Dan Dassow

Wes Struebing

Feb 21, 2009, 10:33:54 PM2/21/09

Oh, neat! Just watch out for the feather dust!

(coming late to the party...)