"Jeremiah" to air on Sci-Fi Channel

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Jan

unread,
Jun 9, 2008, 8:16:38 PM6/9/08
to
"Jeremiah" is on the Sci-Fi Channel line-up in 4 hour blocks on Thursdays
beginning on July 10. Sci-Fi isn't known for commitment so let's hope that the
ratings will allow them to keep it on through both seasons.

Jan


--
I try never to get involved in my own life. Too much trouble.


Wes Struebing

unread,
Jun 10, 2008, 10:04:34 PM6/10/08
to
On 9 Jun 2008 17:16:38 -0700, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:

>"Jeremiah" is on the Sci-Fi Channel line-up in 4 hour blocks on Thursdays
>beginning on July 10. Sci-Fi isn't known for commitment so let's hope that the
>ratings will allow them to keep it on through both seasons.
>

As if Showtime showed real commitment...

(sorry, Jan. Not a slam at your post - really)
--

Wes Struebing

Jan. 20, 2009 - the end of an error

Jan

unread,
Jun 10, 2008, 10:22:09 PM6/10/08
to
In article <bkcu44du5pjtcvjt7...@4ax.com>, Wes Struebing says...

>
>On 9 Jun 2008 17:16:38 -0700, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>"Jeremiah" is on the Sci-Fi Channel line-up in 4 hour blocks on Thursdays
>>beginning on July 10. Sci-Fi isn't known for commitment so let's hope that the
>>ratings will allow them to keep it on through both seasons.
>>
>As if Showtime showed real commitment...
>
>(sorry, Jan. Not a slam at your post - really)

Not to worry, I know it wasn't, Wes. Still, at least Showtime gave us 35 hours
of "Jeremiah" over two years and it's a shame we can't even be sure to count on
Sci-Fi to give us not-quite-nine nights of programming so that we can see it
all.

Of course, this will pretty much have to be the sanitized version and I'm not
sure I want to see what that'll do to a certain scene with Kurdy when he was
tied to a tree in "The Long Road".

Amy Guskin

unread,
Jun 10, 2008, 10:29:41 PM6/10/08
to
>> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:22:09 -0400, thus spake Jan (in article
<g2ncs...@drn.newsguy.com>):

On SciFi, probably:

Then I'd be fracked. I would be so completely, supremely, eternally fracked
that I don't even think there's a word for that level of frackosity, you know
what I'm sayin'?

On other channels:

Then I'd be fudged. I would be so completely, supremely, eternally fudged
that I don't even think there's a word for that level of fudgosity, you know
what I'm sayin'?

:-D

HTH,

Amy
--
"In my line of work you gotta keep repeating things over and over and over
again for the truth to sink in, to kinda catapult the propaganda." - George
W. Bush, May 24, 2005

webjockey

unread,
Jun 11, 2008, 7:57:42 AM6/11/08
to

Thanks for the heads-up Jan. I plugged it into my calender. You're
quite right about the Sci-Fi channel being unpredictable. Never have
figured out why they have wrestling.

Blair


Matt Ion

unread,
Jun 11, 2008, 10:53:40 AM6/11/08
to
Amy Guskin wrote:

>> Of course, this will pretty much have to be the sanitized version and I'm not
>> sure I want to see what that'll do to a certain scene with Kurdy when he was
>> tied to a tree in "The Long Road". <<
>
> On SciFi, probably:
>
> Then I'd be fracked. I would be so completely, supremely, eternally fracked
> that I don't even think there's a word for that level of frackosity, you know
> what I'm sayin'?
>
> On other channels:
>
> Then I'd be fudged. I would be so completely, supremely, eternally fudged
> that I don't even think there's a word for that level of fudgosity, you know
> what I'm sayin'?

Not as bad as when TBS runs Die Hard 2.

"Yippee-ki-yay, Mr. Falcon."

Wes Struebing

unread,
Jun 11, 2008, 8:51:26 PM6/11/08
to

Yeah, or the abused woman...can't see Sci-Fi showing those scenes,
either...

Baff

unread,
Jun 11, 2008, 4:21:33 PM6/11/08
to
webjockey <basho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads-up Jan. I plugged it into my calender. You're
> quite right about the Sci-Fi channel being unpredictable. Never have
> figured out why they have wrestling.
>
> Blair

Unfortunately, because it is their most profitable show. That's where
they get all the money to make all those wonderful sci-fi movies about
giant snakes and such.

They will probably just show some random episodes of Jeremiah and all
out of order to boot.

Vince


Jan

unread,
Jun 12, 2008, 6:36:49 AM6/12/08
to
In article <baff-4A6D6F.1...@news.verizon.net>, Baff says...

>
>
>They will probably just show some random episodes of Jeremiah and all
>out of order to boot.
>
>Vince
>

If you were to look at the schedule they have posted, the episodes are named and
they appear to be in order.

Amy Guskin

unread,
Jun 12, 2008, 8:23:11 AM6/12/08
to
>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:36:49 -0400, thus spake Jan (in article
<g2qu8...@drn.newsguy.com>):

> In article <baff-4A6D6F.1...@news.verizon.net>, Baff says...
>>
>>
>> They will probably just show some random episodes of Jeremiah and all
>> out of order to boot.
>>
>> Vince
>>
>
> If you were to look at the schedule they have posted, the episodes are named
> and
> they appear to be in order. <<

Yeah, I remember when SciFi posted a schedule of the episodes of "Roar" in
order, too. And that didn't work out so well! But with "Roar," at least I
was subsequently able to buy the DVD. With Jeremiah's second season, no
dice. Even though they'll be heavily edited, I really hope, for the sake of
those who missed the second season on Showtime (Wendy of NJ, I'm looking at
you!), that they make good on what they've scheduled.

But I'm with Vince -- I won't trust SciFi to actually air them in order until
after it's already happened.

Baff

unread,
Jun 12, 2008, 4:24:18 PM6/12/08
to
In article <0001HW.C4768D66...@news.verizon.net>,
Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

> With Jeremiah's second season, no
> dice. Even though they'll be heavily edited, I really hope, for the sake of
> those who missed the second season on Showtime (Wendy of NJ, I'm looking at
> you!), that they make good on what they've scheduled.
>

> Amy

FYI, Netflix has both seasons 1 & 2 available via Watch Instantly
downloads. I assume they are the unedited version. I'm on Mac though,
so haven't been able to watch them.

Vince


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages