Babylon 5 fan documentary

Cheryl Martin

Sep 7, 2013, 1:16:39 PM9/7/13
>From Facebook:

--
Calling all Babylon 5 Fans! Would you like to appear in a documentary
about the Babylon 5 fandom?
September 6, 2013 at 9:32am
Studio JMS has commissioned a documentary about the fans of Babylon 5! If
you were at Phoenix Comicon you have run into people making it, perhaps
even been interviewed already.

Except we need more! And to that effect, the creator of the documentary
has requested that I reach out to the B5 fan community to solicit
interviews over webcam!

The details are as follows:

Interview Length: 15-30 minutes depending on the subject and how deeply
they answer each question.
Software Needed: Skype, Facetime, or Google Hangouts all work. If you have
a webcam he will record the stream!
The Questions: Pretty standard stuff. How did you get into the show? What
does it mean to you? The usual.
Format: The interviews can either be recorded live, or you can record
yourself at any time and upload it to Youtube or Vimeo.
When will we be filming? In order to accommodate as many schedules and
time zones as possible, the answer is anytime except Monday through Friday
PST from 8AM-11AM and 1PM to 5PM. Weekends at any time are welcome.
Interviews will be running until December, 2013, so there's plenty of
time!
How big a fan do I need to I be? To quote the documentary makers:

"I'm looking for fans from casual to hardcore, all are welcome. The more
varied, the better. One of the points of the doc is to talk about the
inclusive nature of the show and I want to show that reflected in the
fanbase."

That about covers it! Those are interested feel free to respond in the
comments or send me a message!

--

Sadly, I've only seen this on Facebook so no clue if there is a non FB way
to contact them to be a part of this. Really sad because of how amazing

Cheryl
--
*Moderator: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated ,sci.space.moderated *
*I am grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey. *

Patty Winter

Sep 7, 2013, 1:38:27 PM9/7/13
JMS is one of the interviewees in a three-hour PBS special called
"Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle" that will air on October 15.

More information here:

http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2013/superheroes-night/

Patty

Blair Leatherwood

Sep 8, 2013, 12:49:32 PM9/8/13
I have not been able to find this on FB--can you point me to the page?

zof...@deepthot.org

Sep 8, 2013, 4:16:02 PM9/8/13
In article <l0i9qs$fnt$1...@dont-email.me>,
Blair Leatherwood <bleath...@comcast.net> wrote:
>I have not been able to find this on FB--can you point me to the page?

Maggie Macalpine is one of the people doing this and here is a link to
her plea:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/maggie-macalpine/calling-all-babylon-5-fans-would-you-like-to-appear-in-a-documentary-about-the-b/10151877271553586

and her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/maggie.macalpine

ne...@news.bbs.geek.nz

Jun 14, 2016, 8:38:55 PM6/14/16
From: Blair Leatherwood <bleath...@comcast.net>

I have not been able to find this on FB--can you point me to the page?

ne...@news.bbs.geek.nz

Jun 14, 2016, 8:44:05 PM6/14/16
From: Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com>