T3 - Brief Review [NO SPOILERS] + MB's Trip to NYC

The Magnificent Bastard!

Jul 6, 2003, 12:39:41 AM7/6/03
I'm not sure if I really liked this movie or not. I *wanted* to like
it...but I'm just not sure if it was all that good. It would be
impossible for T3 to live up to T1, but overall, I guess it's
about on par with T2 - Judgement Day. The director goes a little (ok a
lot) overboard trying to parody the classic lines from T1. Plus, the
new "Terminatrix", the T-X, is not nearly as menacing as Arnold in T1 or
even the T-1000 in T2. Claire Danes gives a mostly forgettable
performance as the heroine and Nick Stahl's performance as John Conner
is marred by his tendency to stare vacantly into the distance to
emphasize his every emotion. Arnold is Arnold and the movie would have
been better off if the director didn't have him try for a laugh every
five minutes or so. The movie is basically one big chase scene with a
few fight scenes mixed in.....and of course the requisite speeches about
nuclear holocaust.

It will be interesting to see how this film does at the box office. I
viewed the movie on opening night at Loew's Kips Bay Theatre on Second
Ave and 31st St, in NYC. My companion for the evening, the lovely
Shammie, had gotten tickets for us via Fandango. We arrived slightly
more than an hour before show time, expecting the theater to be packed.
We asked an employee of the theatre if the 7:05 PM show had sold out
yet. To our amazement, we were informed that only about 1/4 of the
tickets had been sold. The theatre wound up being less than 1/2 full.

We had been expecting to wait in line for some primo seats, but since
that was obviously not the case, we went across the street to a small
bar/restaurant to kill some time. Shammie and I both had a beer and a
few of the homemade potato chips that the bar was serving for happy
hour.

After the movie, we decided to have dinner in SoHo. After walking
around a bit and checking a few places out, we decided on The Cub Room
in the West Village, http://www.cubroom.com/. The food and the wine was
excellent and the service was outstanding. We thought about having a
drink in the bar after dinner, but decided instead to take a brief walk
through the Village.

All in all, a perfectly enjoyable evening.

--
Copyright © Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003. All rights reserved.

http://www.magnificentbastardproductions.com/

righter

Jul 6, 2003, 5:46:02 AM7/6/03

"The Magnificent Bastard!" <ma...@magnificentbastardproductions.com> wrote in
message news:MPG.197172177...@news.alt.net...

Did you folks have sexual intercourse later on? If so, please post the
details, and next time, don't make us ask you.

HatchetMama

Jul 6, 2003, 9:32:35 AM7/6/03
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:39:41 -0500, The Magnificent Bastard!
<ma...@magnificentbastardproductions.com> wrote in alt.tv.real-world:

I was disappointed in the movie.

Is Shammie pretty?

rande...@rogers.com

Jul 6, 2003, 10:48:01 AM7/6/03
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:39:41 -0500, The Magnificent Bastard!
<ma...@magnificentbastardproductions.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure if I really liked this movie or not. I *wanted* to like
>it...but I'm just not sure if it was all that good. It would be
>impossible for T3 to live up to T1, but overall, I guess it's
>about on par with T2 - Judgement Day. The director goes a little (ok a
>lot) overboard trying to parody the classic lines from T1. Plus, the
>new "Terminatrix", the T-X, is not nearly as menacing as Arnold in T1 or
>even the T-1000 in T2. Claire Danes gives a mostly forgettable
>performance as the heroine and Nick Stahl's performance as John Conner
>is marred by his tendency to stare vacantly into the distance to
>emphasize his every emotion. Arnold is Arnold and the movie would have
>been better off if the director didn't have him try for a laugh every
>five minutes or so. The movie is basically one big chase scene with a
>few fight scenes mixed in.....and of course the requisite speeches about
>nuclear holocaust.

That's just it; The chase scene wasn't big in a sense of the boring
and overlong Matrix 2 scene, but it was very effective. But I agree
to a degree with your opinion on Danes. At some points she's an ok
actress, at others, not really.
-Rich

trotsky

Jul 6, 2003, 10:56:17 AM7/6/03

What are the really good performances that you're comparing hers to, Rich?

rande...@rogers.com

Jul 6, 2003, 11:05:48 AM7/6/03

Linda Hamilton in the first Terminator for one.
-Rich

The Magnificent Bastard!

Jul 6, 2003, 12:07:51 PM7/6/03
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:32:35 -0400, in alt.tv.sopranos HatchetMama puts
the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It does this
whenever it's told -

Shammie = HOTT 2 DEATH

Very exotic looking and very beautiful. Plus she is a lot of fun to
hang out with.

The Magnificent Bastard!

Jul 6, 2003, 12:12:22 PM7/6/03
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:46:02 GMT, in alt.tv.sopranos righter puts the
lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It does this whenever
it's told -

No. We uh.....played Scrabble until the wee hours and then fell asleep.

trotsky

Jul 6, 2003, 12:52:02 PM7/6/03

That's it, one movie? That's a little sparse. Danes is much better
actress than Hamilton, btw.

WareWolf

Jul 6, 2003, 11:51:12 PM7/6/03

> > Did you folks have sexual intercourse later on? If so, please post the
> > details, and next time, don't make us ask you.
>
> No. We uh.....played Scrabble until the wee hours and then fell asleep.

Damn.

Dusty

--

This week's column: The Case of the Vanishing Liberals
http://dusty.booksnbytes.com/columns/2003/2003_0629.html

Darren

Jul 7, 2003, 2:00:34 PM7/7/03
In rec.arts.movies.current-films righter <rig...@sonic.net> wrote:
> Did you folks have sexual intercourse later on? If so, please post the
> details, and next time, don't make us ask you.

ROFLOL !!

HatchetMama

Jul 8, 2003, 6:25:30 AM7/8/03

Cool.
I knew she would be.
Is dean jealous now?

The Magnificent Bastard!

Jul 8, 2003, 11:51:26 AM7/8/03
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:25:30 -0400, in alt.tv.sopranos HatchetMama puts

Most definitely.

> Is dean jealous now?

He shouldn't be. Shammie and I have hung out together several
times.....it's not like it has been any secret.

HatchetMama

Jul 8, 2003, 12:20:25 PM7/8/03
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:51:26 -0500, in alt.tv.real-world The
Magnificent Bastard! <ma...@magnificentbastardproductions.com> wrote:

And why would that stop him?
We *are* talking dean, you know?

It was a joke, dood.
You know, from the "dean and shammie are engaged" times...
pah.

The Magnificent Bastard!

Jul 8, 2003, 12:33:38 PM7/8/03
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:20:25 -0400, in alt.tv.real-world HatchetMama

I know what you meant. I was playing along, but now you've ruined it.

Oh well.

±

Jul 9, 2003, 2:23:56 AM7/9/03

You guys need to retake Shtick 101.

http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

http://tinyurl.com/gafj :

From: "The Rack"
<the_...@ehtitehtitsreyarpruoyyashcruhcotog-xmission.com>
Newsgroups: alt.tv.simpsons
Subject: Re: Dean Humphries
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:26:46 -0600

"The DC Democrats" <democra...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Who is this and what does he/she do?????????????

Oh, the things Dean Humphries does. You can't stop Dean Humphries from
doing things. Oh, my stars.

HatchetMama

Jul 9, 2003, 5:22:16 AM7/9/03
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:33:38 -0500, in alt.tv.real-world The
Magnificent Bastard! <ma...@magnificentbastardproductions.com> wrote:

Of course I ruined it.
I always do.

>Oh well.

Damm.

HatchetMama

Jul 9, 2003, 5:22:20 AM7/9/03

What are you on about?
I never took it the first time it was available.
Busy, you know.
Always busy.