The Truth about Epsiode III

fana...@yahoo.com

Dec 9, 2002, 4:44:29 AM12/9/02
Beyond the rumor mill, there is Truth. . . Truth Vader.

I am an electronics/computer technician with a firm that is
responsible for maintenance at both ILM and Skywalker Ranch. There are
several peculiarities involved with my job and the tasks that I must
perform that allow me access to snippets of plot, dialogue, and action
of the film. What I am providing for you, here, is garnered from
everything that I have seen or heard.

I'm not going to pretend that I have everything about the story before
you (I don't know how Mace Windu dies), but I have been very
meticulous in weeding out anything that bares no relevance to
everything else. Everything I am putting down here comes from what
has come across my path on repeated occasions. In other words, it is
unlikely that I am relating to you is any kind of plot 'decoy.'

One of the most striking things about Episode III is the way George
Lucas is going to resort to planting a plot twist via family
relations, as he likes to do (E.G. Vader is Luke's father; Leia is his
sister; the (entirely unnecessary) relationship between Boba Fett and
the infamous Clone Army). It is almost too easy to presume that
Senator Palpatine is Darth Sidious--he who will become the
Emperor--especially since they are played by the same actor. However,
Lucas' plan for Chancellor Palpatine, as it will be revealed in
Episode III, is not to make him the Emperor, rather the Emperor's
brother.

The mystery as to who Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is will be solved in
Episode III (Lucas still hasn't decided on a name) when it is revealed
that he is actually Senator Palpatine, who faked his as a Jedi in
order to fool his brother, Sidious. This is knowledge that very few
Jedi are privy to, in order to protect their weakening powers.
Sifo-Dyas /Palpatine ordered the clone army, then entered politics, in
anticipation of Sidious' attempt to gain control of the galaxy with
the assistance of the Trade Federation's army, as well the armies that
are being built by all the factioning systems.

Anakin's final turn to the Dark Side--and his subsequent betrayal of
all who he loved and protected (the Republic, Amidala, Kenobi, etc.)
comes right at the time Amidala is giving birth to Luke. (He senses
only Luke in her womb, due to Luke's already great presence in the
Force.) Right at that moment, Anakin experiences a surge of emotion
that triggers something of a flashback to his own mother and her
death--sort of like going from one mom to another.

He realizes, then, that his mother would not have died had Amidala, as
the rich and powerful leader of Naboo, repaid the fact that Anakin
liberated her planet by paying to have Shmi (Anakin's mother) freed.
Bartering one of the Naboo fighters would have done the trick in lieu
of Republic credits.

Furious and indignant, he exits the scene, vowing off the Jedi order
and the Republic, as well as Amidala. Kenobi, who is present, watches
as Anakin throws aside his saber, saying something to along the lines
of, "Maybe he (Luke) might do something to make the all you worthless
Jedi formidable."

This happens at pretty much the conclusion of the Clone War. Despite
victory, the integrity of the Republic is very weak, and desperate to
sustain itself against its ever growing list of disillusioned enemies
who are building armaments.

The Federation ceases all trade (remember the UPS strike of 1997, and
how it affected the economy? Or more recently, the longshoreman's
strike in California), and the Republic decides that the best way to
preserve itself is to become fully militarized, rather than rely on
diplomacy and politics.

It is around this point where a lone, vengeful Anakin encounters Darth
Tyrannus. Despite his powers, Tyrannus loses the battle against
Anakin. This alerts Sidious to Anakin's power and susceptibility, and
before long, gives Anakin the final enticement he needs to join the
Dark Side.

Matters between the Republic and its enemies are somewhat resolved by
more-or-less merging the two entities--by turning over the broker's
share of power on the condition that the democratic segment--the
Senate--remains mostly intact (it wasn't until Episode IV that the
Emperor disbanded the Senate).

Some stability to the galaxy through this new Empire, who reassimilate
the factioning systems through both political manipulation (i.e.
revoking their voting priviledges until they submit to the new
government), or conquering them militarily.

Had this NOT been the design of Sith, and had Palpatine/Sifo-Dyas not
told the Jedi council what his brother was up to, the Jedi (who had
lost several of their brethren throughout the conflicts) would not
have gotten involved. But that the Dark Side should rule was
unacceptable.

They form the roots of a Rebellion--although it's more like a crusade
against the Emperor. Anakin, now Darth Vader, actually resorts to a
Sith trick against the Jedi: he manipulates several of them to hate
the order as he does--essentially turning them into Sith--and they
extinguish themselves. He hunts after the rest. This is where Kenobi
picks up on Vader and confronts him, and essentially destroys him.
At Amidala's request, and knowing that Luke and Leia can be powerful
enemies of the Emperor, he hides the two with their respective
guardians: Owen and Beru, and the Organas.

Yoda, who is angry at Obi Wan for failing to be earlier on the alert
with his student (and thus forbids him to train Luke), and who is yet,
himself, too weak to fight for the Jedi cause, takes refuge on
Dagobah. He orders Obi Wan, to keep close to Luke until he is old
enough to train, and to bring Luke to him.

However, when the time comes, Luke's Uncle Owen becomes defiant at the
idea--remembering how Anakin turned out to be--and threatens to inform
the Empire of Obi Wan's existence and his intentions if he comes
around anymore.
For the Jedi, it seems, all is lost.

The last, hopeful note is found with the passing of a few years on a
nearly completed Death Star, where Senator Organa (the Elder) is being
given something of a tour of the station. The Emporer's hope, here,
is that mere knowledge of such a monstrosity will be enough to quell
the peace-loving systems. . .intimidation.
However, Bale Organa has R2-D2 right at his side. . .

David B.

Dec 9, 2002, 4:58:44 AM12/9/02
"fana...@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Beyond the rumor mill, there is Truth. . . Truth Vader.

<snip> utter bullshit.

Emperor

Dec 9, 2002, 6:09:17 AM12/9/02
"fana...@yahoo.com" <fana...@yahoo.com>, from the planet Gazumba said,
"I Love Jar Jar Binks" and then wrote...A Complete load of Bullshit !

Jeez, they're starting early with the crap this time around.
--
PALPATINE
Galactic Empire - http://www.galacticempire.co.uk

Give yourself to The Dark Side, you belong with us among the shrouds !

C'Pi

Dec 9, 2002, 9:44:23 AM12/9/02
Emperor wrote:
> "fana...@yahoo.com" <fana...@yahoo.com>, from the planet Gazumba
> said, "I Love Jar Jar Binks" and then wrote...A Complete load of
> Bullshit !
>
> Jeez, they're starting early with the crap this time around.

They should at least wait till we've heard Lucas has actually finished
writing the darn thing.

C'Pi

Gregory D. George

Dec 9, 2002, 11:39:04 AM12/9/02
"fana...@yahoo.com" wrote:

> The mystery as to who Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is will be solved in
> Episode III (Lucas still hasn't decided on a name) when it is revealed
> that he is actually Senator Palpatine, who faked his as a Jedi in
> order to fool his brother, Sidious. This is knowledge that very few
> Jedi are privy to, in order to protect their weakening powers.
> Sifo-Dyas /Palpatine ordered the clone army, then entered politics, in
> anticipation of Sidious' attempt to gain control of the galaxy with
> the assistance of the Trade Federation's army, as well the armies that
> are being built by all the factioning systems.

Yet another well thought-out troll. Have you EVEN LISTENED TO THE
EPISODE II COMMENTARY?

Lucas ADMITTED that PALPATINE IS SIDIOUS IS THE EMPEROR.

Enough with the lies. We all see through it.

--
Gregory D. George

Kai Ponte

Dec 9, 2002, 2:58:05 PM12/9/02

<fana...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Beyond the rumor mill, there is Truth. . . Truth Vader.
> the infamous Clone Army). It is almost too easy to presume that
> Senator Palpatine is Darth Sidious--he who will become the
> Emperor--especially since they are played by the same actor. However,
> Lucas' plan for Chancellor Palpatine, as it will be revealed in
> Episode III, is not to make him the Emperor, rather the Emperor's
> brother.

...been watching too much All My Children?

brodieman

Dec 9, 2002, 3:45:55 PM12/9/02

<fana...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Beyond the rumor mill, there is Truth. . . Truth Vader.

<snip>

What absolute twaddle.

Shane Windus

Dec 9, 2002, 9:25:00 PM12/9/02
Yeah....but well written bullshit.

"David B." <both...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Brett McConnie

Dec 10, 2002, 12:56:03 AM12/10/02
Go ahead fana...@yahoo.com, make my day...
> Beyond

Had me going until that first word.
--
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."

* AFS FAQ - http://www.alt.fan.starwars.freeservers.com/ *

news.verizon.net

Dec 10, 2002, 2:05:57 AM12/10/02
HAHAHA!!...PALPATINE WITH A BROTHER!!!
WORSE BULLSHIT I'VE EVER HEARD!!

David B.

Dec 10, 2002, 2:09:10 AM12/10/02

Wrong. It's absolute twiddle

jjbinks

Dec 10, 2002, 10:13:45 AM12/10/02
So, what happens to Palpatine then? Abducted by aliens?

Rubin

Dec 10, 2002, 11:19:09 PM12/10/02
It sounded pretty good to me at least. I like the idea of having Bail
Organa at the Death Star with R2 at his side in the final scene. Does R2
slip away and stick his metal chong into a computer outlet and download
all th readouts or something? That is so hokey when he does that.

Does he then fly away fro the Stormtroopers? That's so hokey too. I l ove it.

news.verizon.net

Dec 15, 2002, 9:01:02 PM12/15/02
this is excellent. i wish it was true, as it is probably better than the
disney cartoon lucas will actually write for episode III

Emperor

Dec 16, 2002, 10:51:37 AM12/16/02
news.verizon.net <jole...@hotmail.com>, from the planet Gazumba said,
"I Love Jar Jar Binks" and then wrote...
>this is excellent. i wish it was true, as it is probably better than
>the disney cartoon lucas will actually write for episode III

Then it is true...a lot of SW fans are, really, dickheads.

"My last car was a bit on the dark side"

Strykur

Dec 30, 2002, 7:11:12 PM12/30/02
<snip>

Whatever. "Star Wars" is dead. RIP 1977-1983.

SGH-B

Dec 30, 2002, 7:39:32 PM12/30/02
Strykur <rjc...@aol.com>, from the planet Gazumba said, "I Love Jar Jar
Binks" and then wrote...

><snip>
>
>Whatever. "Star Wars" is dead. RIP 1977-1983.

Fascinating.
--
SGH-B

Jostein Hakestad

Dec 31, 2002, 10:52:11 AM12/31/02

SGH-B wrote:
> Strykur <rjc...@aol.com>, from the planet Gazumba said, "I Love Jar Jar
> Binks" and then wrote...
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Whatever. "Star Wars" is dead. RIP 1977-1983.
>

> Fascinating.

Indeed. That must be why TPM was the most popular movie of 1999.

--
Jostein H

Jostein Hakestad

Dec 31, 2002, 10:52:52 AM12/31/02

Strykur wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Whatever. "Star Wars" is dead. RIP 1977-1983.

Can I call you Bob.

--
Jostein H