What a mess the Star Trek and Star Wars groups are in

Jun 2, 2014, 3:36:13 AM6/2/14
Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
cross-posting.

They are pretty much dead.

Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.

--

bill is man. you: are not. :|
mikeythearchangel <msta...@live.com.au>

---

Daniel

Jun 2, 2014, 7:40:24 AM6/2/14
On 02/06/14 17:36, <p>sychotic <c>hicken wrote:
> Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
> cross-posting.
>
> They are pretty much dead.
>
> Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.

As you've cross-posted this to four groups, which group are you meaning
when you write "he keeps this group active"??

Daniel

The Doctor

Jun 2, 2014, 10:57:23 AM6/2/14
On 2014-06-02, <p>sychotic <c>hicken <Bi...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
> cross-posting.
>
> They are pretty much dead.
>
> Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.

Not really. I visit every now and then.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism

Jun 2, 2014, 11:48:09 AM6/2/14
In message <yoZiv.74467$Mk4....@fx12.iad>, Daniel
<dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> writes
Well I suppose you are not in the only group on the list that has a
regular supply of posts and ongoing discussion which is rec.arts.drwho.

If you want to drop by please go right ahead.

Jun 2, 2014, 1:50:35 PM6/2/14
In message <slrnlop46j...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
<doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>On 2014-06-02, <p>sychotic <c>hicken <Bi...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
>> cross-posting.
>>
>> They are pretty much dead.
>>
>> Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
>>

>Not really. I visit every now and then.

Sorry Dave ... I was talking about the Dr. who group.

Daniel

Jun 4, 2014, 9:07:53 AM6/4/14
On 03/06/14 01:48, <p>sychotic <c>hicken wrote:
> In message <yoZiv.74467$Mk4....@fx12.iad>, Daniel
> <dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> writes
>> On 02/06/14 17:36, <p>sychotic <c>hicken wrote:
>>> Just checked out some Star Wars and Star Trek groups for the purposes of
>>> cross-posting.
>>>
>>> They are pretty much dead.
>>>
>>> Yads may have his faults but at least he keeps this group active.
>>>
>> As you've cross-posted this to four groups, which group are you
>> meaning when you write "he keeps this group active"??
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Well I suppose you are not in the only group on the list that has a
> regular supply of posts and ongoing discussion which is rec.arts.drwho.

Not there, so don't know.

> If you want to drop by please go right ahead.

No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)

Daniel

Bill Jillians

Jun 4, 2014, 11:39:37 AM6/4/14
In message <ASEjv.2276946$Sa5.1...@fx19.iad>, Daniel
<dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> writes
>On 03/06/14 01:48, <p>sychotic <c>hicken wrote:
>> In message <yoZiv.74467$Mk4....@fx12.iad>, Daniel
>> <dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> writes

>>> As you've cross-posted this to four groups, which group are you
>>> meaning when you write "he keeps this group active"??
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> Well I suppose you are not in the only group on the list that has a
>> regular supply of posts and ongoing discussion which is rec.arts.drwho.
>
>Not there, so don't know.
>
>> If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
>
>No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
>
>Daniel

Well if you ever get bitten by the Doctor Who bug and fancy an
interesting discussion you are more than welcome.

--
Bill Jillians

The Doctor

Jun 4, 2014, 6:54:00 PM6/4/14
In article <ASEjv.2276946$Sa5.1...@fx19.iad>,
Which groups keep you active.

Daniel

Jun 5, 2014, 9:43:07 AM6/5/14
Thanks for the invite!!

Daniel

Daniel

Jun 5, 2014, 10:03:27 AM6/5/14
On 5/06/2014 8:54 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <ASEjv.2276946$Sa5.1...@fx19.iad>,
> Daniel <dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>> On 03/06/14 01:48, <p>sychotic <c>hicken wrote:
>>> In message <yoZiv.74467$Mk4....@fx12.iad>, Daniel
>>> <dx...@albury.nospam.net.au> writes

>>> Well I suppose you are not in the only group on the list that has a
>>> regular supply of posts and ongoing discussion which is rec.arts.drwho.
>>
>> Not there, so don't know.
>>
>>> If you want to drop by please go right ahead.
>>
>> No, thanks, I've already got enough groups to keep me busy!! ;-)
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Which groups keep you active.

Probably the various OS groups, i.e. Alt.windows7.general (but not for a
while), several alt.os.linux.* groups (I dual boot Win7 and several
Linux', so am trying to learn linux stuff) and several ST groups
(although they are not real active).

The only Dr Who NG I have is alt.startrek.vs.dr.who, but posts there are
rare as hen's teeth!!

One of the groups I frequent was being targeted by some clown who might
contribute five lines that was on-topic but had a fifty line "Sig" that
prattled on about Jew v Arab/Palestine stuff. I suggested he should go
where that stuff would be On-Topic, like one of the alt-religion.*
groups, so I thought I'd check them out as well!! I'll get to them one day.

Of the eighty-odd groups on my UseNet server/account, there are about a
dozen groups that have some sort of regular traffic, another dozen or so
groups with occasional activity and about fifty/sixty that are virtually
dead!!

Daniel

The Doctor

Jun 5, 2014, 1:21:27 PM6/5/14
In article <St_jv.29829$RT5....@fx02.iad>,
DW rocks!

The Doctor

Jun 5, 2014, 1:21:30 PM6/5/14
In article <St_jv.29829$RT5....@fx02.iad>,

The Doctor

Jun 5, 2014, 1:21:32 PM6/5/14
In article <St_jv.29829$RT5....@fx02.iad>,

The Doctor

Jun 5, 2014, 1:22:21 PM6/5/14
In article <WM_jv.449226$Ca5.1...@fx27.iad>,
Well add rec.arts.drwho fellow Doctor Who fan.

Bill Jillians

Jun 5, 2014, 11:29:33 PM6/5/14
In message <WM_jv.449226$Ca5.1...@fx27.iad>, Daniel
Yeah ... RIP Usenet :(

--
Bill Jillians

The Doctor

Jun 6, 2014, 3:31:14 AM6/6/14
In article <s159ejCd...@btinternet.com>,
Not for a very long time.

Daniel

Jun 6, 2014, 8:54:50 AM6/6/14
Sure does ..... the old stuff even more than the new stuff!!

Daniel

Daniel

Jun 6, 2014, 8:55:37 AM6/6/14
On 06/06/14 03:21, The Doctor wrote: