(Tarkin in Ep III) Thanks RSPW brahs

David E. Powell

Mar 25, 2004, 11:12:31 PM3/25/04
Looks cool, I always marked for the character and the actor who played him,
seeing a reference in Ep. III looks sweet. BTW, George Lucas - Thanks.
Thanks for this and for everything man.

DEP

One of the interesting things about the character is that he is the only guy
Vader defers to in the first movie that is seen on screen, and seen to have
a position equal in status, or close. There are very few characters
presented that way in the films. Luke is the most famous, but Emperor
Palpatine, Boba Fett and Tarkin are really the only other characters Vader
deals with on an equal basis, or in Palpatine's case, as a superior.

"Evacuate now, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their
chances." - GMT, Star Wars (ANH/IV)

"Release him, Lord Vader."

"As you wish." - GMT and Vader, Star Wars.

"You won't need those." Yoda in ESB

"I don't believe it!"

"Hm. And that is why you fail." Luke and Yoda in ESB

"Your overconfidence is your weakness!"

"Your faith in your friends is yours." - Luke and Palpatine, ROTJ

"If you do not fight me, then you will meet your destiny." - Vader, ROTJ

"And now, young Skywalker, you will die." - Emperor Palpatine, ROTJ

"I will be watching you." - Senator Palpatine, SW Episode 1.

ViNNY

Mar 26, 2004, 7:27:48 AM3/26/04
"David E. Powell" <David_Po...@msn.com> wrote in message

> Looks cool, I always marked for the character and the actor who played
him,
> seeing a reference in Ep. III looks sweet. BTW, George Lucas - Thanks.
> Thanks for this and for everything man.
>
> DEP
>
> One of the interesting things about the character is that he is the only
guy
> Vader defers to in the first movie that is seen on screen, and seen to
have
> a position equal in status, or close. There are very few characters
> presented that way in the films. Luke is the most famous, but Emperor
> Palpatine, Boba Fett and Tarkin are really the only other characters Vader
> deals with on an equal basis, or in Palpatine's case, as a superior.

Fett? I always got the impression Vader detested him but tolerated him as a
means to an end.

-Vin

David E. Powell

Mar 26, 2004, 3:17:09 PM3/26/04
"ViNNY" <a.vi...@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message

True. But even though Vader may have detested Fett, he treated him
professionally, and even said that Fett would be reimbursed for "any
damages" if Solo or others he wanted to take in were killed. Considering
that Vader basically steamrollers everyone else in the movie, that's
interesting.