What can we expect - Global Warming?

Frank

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
Greetings all

I was wondering if anyone could give me some quick figures (or point me to a
decent source online or RW) on the projected effects of global warming in
the next 50,100,150 and 200 years. What are the worse/best case scenarios?
The middle road? What threats are the biggest?

Thanks and regards.
Frank

Joseph Hertzlinger

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:21:34 +0200, Frank <x...@xer.com> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone could give me some quick figures (or point me to a
>decent source online or RW) on the projected effects of global warming in
>the next 50,100,150 and 200 years. What are the worse/best case scenarios?
>The middle road? What threats are the biggest?

The best-case scenario: I can move into a sea-side home in Patterson, NJ
and swim in a nice warm ocean whenever I want.

Tom Breton

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
jher...@ix.netcom.com (Joseph Hertzlinger) writes:

Hell, we're experiencing the best-case scenario in New England rite
now. "Cold New England winters" are getting pretty mild. Freezing
weather didn't start until January and it's already fading away.

--
Tom Breton, http://world.std.com/~tob
Not using "gh" since 1997. http://world.std.com/~tob/ugh-free.html

Matt Clark

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Hi,
I don't think we can give a good answer at the moment. There is some
evidence (published in Nature back in mid '99 IIRC) that temperatures in the mid
atmosphere are changing in the opposite direction to that predicted by the
current GCM scenarios.
Matt