Are there technological limits of how many nuclear weapons can a country possess?

trident

Mar 8, 2020, 1:43:00 PM3/8/20
I am thinking particularly with respect to rare nuclear materials like Beryllium. It seems to be a must with respect to thermonuclear triggers. Is it valid to say that nuclear powers like India, Pakistan can never produce thousands, or even hundreds of modern nukes, because they lack beryllium resources to do so?

Any thoughts?

-dsr-

Mar 11, 2020, 11:08:04 AM3/11/20
On 2020-03-08, trident <tride...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking particularly with respect to rare nuclear materials like Beryllium. It seems to be a must with respect to thermonuclear triggers. Is it valid to say that nuclear powers like India, Pakistan can never produce thousands, or even hundreds of modern nukes, because they lack beryllium resources to do so?
>
> Any thoughts?

If you're spending a billion dollars or so on a nuclear weapons program,
you will create refining and production processes for everything you need.

beryl is the source of beryllium; there are substantial deposits
(according to Wikipedia) in Norway, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Ireland,
Russia, Brazil, Colombia, Madagascar, Mozambique, Pakistan, Afghanistan,
South Africa, the United States, and Zambia.

So it looks like Pakistan is in luck, and India will buy beryl-ore from
literally any of the other sources as necessary, then refine.

-dsr-

kiran patel

Dec 3, 2020, 6:16:49 AM12/3/20

The Doctor

Dec 3, 2020, 9:05:30 AM12/3/20
In article <a27ae19a-4c06-4f25...@googlegroups.com>,
kiran patel <kiranp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, 8 March 2020 at 23:13:00 UTC+5:30, trident wrote:
>> I am thinking particularly with respect to rare nuclear materials like Be=
>ryllium. It seems to be a must with respect to thermonuclear triggers. Is i=
>t valid to say that nuclear powers like India, Pakistan can never produce t=
>housands, or even hundreds of modern nukes, because they lack beryllium res=
>ources to do so?=20
>>=20
>> Any thoughts?

This spamtroll came from

rec.arts.sf.science #101833 (39 more)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.science
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 03:16:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Are there technological limits of how many nuclear weapons can a
+ country possess?
From: kiran patel <kiranp...@gmail.com>

Depeer Google groups Now!!
Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New Year 2021 !