Dune (2021)

T987654321

Jan 17, 2022, 3:59:04 AMJan 17
P"aul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence—a commodity capable of unlocking humanity's greatest potential—only those who can conquer their fear will survive."

Cast Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Dave Bautista, Stephen Henderson, Zendaya, Chen Chang, Sharon Duncan-Brewster, Charlotte Rampling, Jason Momoa, Javier Bardem, David Dastmalchian, Babs Olusanmokun
Director Denis Villeneuve

Wow, this is a long movie and yet they still managed to leave so much out. Of course the book and first movie are so well know that it it's not that big a deal. But what it's really missing is Sting! And the whole movie just looks blah, except the ornathopters which are very cool and slightly terrifying.

Steve Dodds

Jan 22, 2022, 3:53:21 PMJan 22
This movie is only the first half of the book, part 2 is coming out later this year or early 2023

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 22, 2022, 4:44:15 PMJan 22
Currently scheduled for Oct 20, 2023

dirty old man.

Jerry Brown

Jan 23, 2022, 6:45:43 AMJan 23
It ends after the knife fight with Jamis, leading me to suspect that
part 2 will skip "I was a friend of Jamis" since it does''t come
across as a particularly strong opening after a two year gap.

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)

T987654321

Jan 23, 2022, 2:48:25 PMJan 23

> This movie is only the first half of the book, part 2 is coming out later this year or early 2023

I was thinking in terms of back story. There's nothing about the AI war or why the Doctor was so trusted or a ton of other details.

It's been a very long time since I read the book, but didn't a lot more time pass between the Change and the invasion?