Ques re: 1960's tv show "The Invaders".

danny burstein

Jan 23, 2022, 12:21:34 AM1/23/22
One of the ways David Vincent could tell
a humanoid was actuallly one of the aliens
was that they had a telltale misconfigured finger

A couple of months ago he was getting
friendly with the obligatory hot gal, and
it turned out she was... an alien.

But her fingers were perfect.

She said something to him like "sorry,
Mr. Vincent, but sometimes we get it right."

Anyone recall this scene and which
episode it was in?

Thanks muchly

dan...@panix.com

anim8rfsk

Jan 23, 2022, 1:44:17 AM1/23/22
danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> One of the ways David Vincent could tell
> a humanoid was actuallly one of the aliens
> was that they had a telltale misconfigured finger
>
> A couple of months ago he was getting
> friendly with the obligatory hot gal, and
> it turned out she was... an alien.
>
> But her fingers were perfect.
>
> She said something to him like "sorry,
> Mr. Vincent, but sometimes we get it right."
>
> Anyone recall this scene and which
> episode it was in?
>
> Thanks muchly

“Some of us learn. We’re always learning.”

I know exactly what you’re talking about.
It’s the Pilot episode. BEACHHEAD. Obviously season one, some sources call
it episode zero, some call it episode one.
The alieness in question is the delectable Diane Baker.

http://classictvhistory.com/images/Invaders%20Beachhead.jpg

It’s hard to give you a timestamp because there are different length cuts
of the pilot. But I knew right where it was so I found a copy on YouTube
and dead reckoned to it.

39 minutes and 30 seconds

https://youtu.be/gqMdqzf6pTI

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dan...@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

danny burstein

Jan 23, 2022, 1:55:37 AM1/23/22
In <1704410800.664612096.9...@news.easynews.com> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> writes:

[snippeths throughout]
>> A couple of months ago he was getting
>> friendly with the obligatory hot gal, and
>> it turned out she was... an alien.
>>
>> But her fingers were perfect.
>>
>> Anyone recall this scene and which
>> episode it was in?

>I know exactly what you're talking about.
>It's the Pilot episode. BEACHHEAD. Obviously season one, some sources call
>it episode zero, some call it episode one.
>The alieness in question is the delectable Diane Baker.

>http://classictvhistory.com/images/Invaders%20Beachhead.jpg

>It's hard to give you a timestamp because there are different length cuts
>of the pilot. But I knew right where it was so I found a copy on YouTube
>and dead reckoned to it.

>39 minutes and 30 seconds

>https://youtu.be/gqMdqzf6pTI

THANKS!

(And thanks to MeTV for showing these [a])

[a] and a BIG GRUMBLE at them for
1: doing lots of cuts for more commercials
2: that whole garbage of censoring out bits and
pieces that give the Sensitive Folk the Vapors,
leading to words like "despicable" turning
into dropouts, PLUS the "closed captioning
displaying "deXXXable" (yes, with "X"s)

Rhino

Jan 23, 2022, 5:30:14 AM1/23/22
That's a very odd length for a pilot in those days. After all, there
weren't nearly as many commercials then. It might make sense if it was
one of the tiny handful of 45 minute shows, like The New People, from
roughly the same era but I don't remember The Invaders being 45 minutes....

>> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
>> dan...@panix.com
>> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

--
Rhino

Rhino

Jan 23, 2022, 5:49:36 AM1/23/22
Strangely enough, when I actually clicked on the link, it said 48
minutes and 55 seconds which is far more reasonable. Beats me why you
said it was 39:30....

--
Rhino

Gary R. Schmidt

Jan 23, 2022, 6:24:07 AM1/23/22
At 39:30 is when she says the line you remembered...

Cheers,
Gary B-)

J. Clarke

Jan 23, 2022, 8:29:38 AM1/23/22
Jeez, '60s SF was bad. ET's happy to kill his buddy, why don't they
kill him and be done with it. I realize it's Plot Immunity, without
him there's no show, but they should at least establish some
justification for it.

And then there's his reaction to meeting a smoking-hot ET who at least
pretends to be into him--he runs away. Come on, at least get some
information out of her first. But that would have meant actually
working out some back story for ET.

What's with the motorcycle-less cop going around in a motorcycle
helmet?

And where else have I seen those props?

Rhino

Jan 23, 2022, 8:57:47 AM1/23/22
Okay, that makes sense then.

--
Rhino

anim8rfsk

Jan 23, 2022, 9:42:14 AM1/23/22
The idea is given in later episodes that he’s made too much noise and
they’d rather have him looking like a crack pot then mysteriously dying or
disappearing that might get investigated.

In one of my favorite episodes an alien manages to get killed in a small
town Square in front of pretty much everybody. The invaders block off every
exit to the town and are just going to eradicate the whole place rather
than have that many witnesses. They have to work out a compromise with
Vincent to save lives.

> And then there's his reaction to meeting a smoking-hot ET who at least
> pretends to be into him--he runs away. Come on, at least get some
> information out of her first. But that would have meant actually
> working out some back story for ET.
>
> What's with the motorcycle-less cop going around in a motorcycle
> helmet?
>
> And where else have I seen those props?

anim8rfsk

Jan 23, 2022, 9:42:14 AM1/23/22
No, 39 minutes and 30 seconds is the scene where she says the line he was
looking for. :-)

>>> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
>>> dan...@panix.com
>>> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Rhino

Jan 23, 2022, 11:06:06 AM1/23/22
Yeah, someone else explained it before you did ;-) I actually watched
the episode after posting and heard her say the line but didn't notice
when she said it, otherwise I would have clued in from that :-)

>>> _____________________________________________________

--
Rhino

suzeeq

Jan 23, 2022, 11:44:43 AM1/23/22
I took it to mean that particular scene was at 39:30, not the running
length of the video.

Rhino

Jan 23, 2022, 11:53:46 AM1/23/22
You were right! :-)

--
Rhino

anim8rfsk

Jan 23, 2022, 3:18:30 PM1/23/22
I wish stupid YouTube would let me queue up links on a mobile device!

anim8rfsk

Jan 23, 2022, 3:18:30 PM1/23/22
She shoots! She scores!

suzeeq

Jan 23, 2022, 3:19:16 PM1/23/22
It's like I can read your mind! Amazing.

anim8rfsk

Jan 23, 2022, 4:34:31 PM1/23/22
Careful it’s dark and scary in there and there are spiders.

suzeeq

Jan 23, 2022, 5:23:51 PM1/23/22
I can sic my demons on them, they love spiders.

Ubiquitous

Jan 24, 2022, 11:14:01 AM1/24/22
In article <sskrik$1kpb$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, al...@last.inc wrote:
> On 01/23/2022 09:29 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

>> Jeez, '60s SF was bad. ET's happy to kill his buddy, why don't they
>> kill him and be done with it. I realize it's Plot Immunity, without
>> him there's no show, but they should at least establish some
>> justification for it.
>>
>> And then there's his reaction to meeting a smoking-hot ET who at least
>> pretends to be into him--he runs away. Come on, at least get some
>> information out of her first. But that would have meant actually
>> working out some back story for ET.
>>
>> What's with the motorcycle-less cop going around in a motorcycle helmet?
>>
>> And where else have I seen those props?
>
>This series is a total crap fest. No wonder it ran 1 season.

What are you talking about? It ran for two seasons and was remade in the
1990's.

--
Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2022, 11:47:58 AM1/24/22
Mmmmm
You owe me stiff Little finger ice cream!

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Jan 24, 2022, 7:26:49 PM1/24/22
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> al...@last.inc wrote:

>>> This series is a total crap fest. No wonder it ran 1 season.
>>
>> What are you talking about? It ran for two seasons and was remade in the
>> 1990's.
>
>Mmmmm
>You owe me stiff middle finger ice cream!

How about a Knuckle Sandwhich?
https://knucklesandwichbunnell.com/

anim8rfsk

Jan 24, 2022, 8:01:50 PM1/24/22
https://youtu.be/-LyBBlOkuuA

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Jan 24, 2022, 11:18:14 PM1/24/22
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> Mmmmm
>>> You owe me stiff middle finger ice cream!
>>
>> How about a Knuckle Sandwhich?
>> https://knucklesandwichbunnell.com/
>
>https://youtu.be/-LyBBlOkuuA

I always wondered why he had moose antlers.

anim8rfsk

Jan 25, 2022, 12:25:24 AM1/25/22
I think it’s supposed to be a straw hat

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5lgAAOSwz2lXBqPe/s-l400.jpg