History

1 view

David Lillard

Sep 26, 1993, 4:08:07 PM9/26/93

20 years ago, this October, the 1st STAR-CON was held at Cobo Hall, in
Detroit, Michigan. This was, I believe, the 3rd Star Trek Convention
*ever* held. (the 1st being Al Schuster's New York Star Trek Convention
and the 2nd being James Mule's Vul-Con, in New Orleans)

It is both gratifying and annoying that many people use the name for the
series of public shows that I started while President of the *Central*
Star Trek Association for Revival (S.T.A.R.) as a generic name for all
Trek Shows. (I tried to Trademark it; but got bogged down in red tape
and excessive, IMHO, costs - NOTE: anyone using this name does so withOUT
my permission)

My apologies to those of you who find the above meaningless. However,
for me it was *both* a high and low point in my life; and, I'm certain,
it still has *some* meaning for others. For this, and other, reason(s)
I make this posting.

FIAWOL, Dave.