2022 Arisia is cancelled.

Peter Trei

Jan 5, 2022, 10:11:46 AM1/5/22
From https://arisia.org:
-----------------------------
Arisia 2022 is cancelled

At the end of 2021, the Con Chair team met and determined how we
would move forward. We decided that we would look at the COVID
numbers in the new year (they are higher than ever), we would look
at the health of our team (several of whom now have COVID or have
family members with COVID), we would look at the number of folks
planning to attend and/or be on program (which is currently too
small to sustain us financially), and we would look at the advice of
our COVID advisory team. Together, these things portray only one
responsible decision that we can make: We need to cancel the
in-person Arisia 2022. Fortunately, the hotel has agreed to reschedule
the 2022 and 2023 contracts and, instead, host Arisia 2023 and 2024
in the Westin.

This is disappointing, but not a surprise. Before Omicron, it would
probably have gone ahead. In the last week or so, I've certainly cut
back on my visits to crowded places.

pt