The Bronx missing, please advise

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Rich McAllister K6RFM

unread,
Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99
to
Today I awoke to Phil Matier on the the radio assuring me that
"upstate New York" was "everything north of Manhattan." I knew that
they were thinking of replacing Yankee Stadium, but I didn't know
things had gone *that* far.

Rich

Dan Goodman

unread,
Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99
to
In article <3v3dz0x...@shell11.ba.best.com>,

At the other end of the scale, some people on alt.culture.ny-upstate claim
you're not really upstate if you can't see the Canadian border from your
house.

--
Dan Goodman
dsg...@visi.com
http://www.visi.com/~dsgood/index.html
Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

Dave Weingart

unread,
Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
to
One day in Teletubbyland, Rich McAllister K6RFM <r...@pensfa.org> said:
>Today I awoke to Phil Matier on the the radio assuring me that
>"upstate New York" was "everything north of Manhattan." I knew that
>they were thinking of replacing Yankee Stadium, but I didn't know
>things had gone *that* far.

Actually, from where I live on Long Island, Upstate is everything
north of midtown...
--
73 de Dave Weingart KA2ESK Jar Jar Binks must die. Slowly.
mailto:phyd...@liii.com Painfully. Twice, if necessary.
http://www.liii.com/~phydeaux

Kevin J. Maroney

unread,
Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
to
phyd...@liii.com (Dave Weingart) wrote:

>Actually, from where I live on Long Island, Upstate is everything
>north of midtown...

I have two different friends who have assured me that Upstate begins
at 14th Street.

Kevin Maroney | kmar...@crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor
The New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html

Alter S. Reiss

unread,
Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
to
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Dan Goodman wrote:

> In article <3v3dz0x...@shell11.ba.best.com>,
> Rich McAllister K6RFM <r...@pensfa.org> wrote:

> >Today I awoke to Phil Matier on the the radio assuring me that
> >"upstate New York" was "everything north of Manhattan." I knew that
> >they were thinking of replacing Yankee Stadium, but I didn't know
> >things had gone *that* far.
>

> At the other end of the scale, some people on alt.culture.ny-upstate claim
> you're not really upstate if you can't see the Canadian border from your
> house.

What sort of lighting do you need to see the Canadian border?
Would X-Ray vision help?

--
Alter S. Reiss -------------------- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/2129

"There will be more art, history, and literature tomorrow."
-- An announcement at the NYPL Webster Branch library book sale


Vicki Rosenzweig

unread,
Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
to
On Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:41:57 GMT, kmar...@crossover.com (Kevin J.
Maroney) wrote:

>phyd...@liii.com (Dave Weingart) wrote:
>
>>Actually, from where I live on Long Island, Upstate is everything
>>north of midtown...
>
>I have two different friends who have assured me that Upstate begins
>at 14th Street.
>

Nah. Upstate begins at the Cloisters.

Posting from Upstate Manhattan, a.k.a. Baja Bronx,
--
Vicki Rosenzweig | v...@interport.net
r.a.sf.f faq at http://www.users.interport.net/~vr/rassef-faq.html
"I get by with a little help from my friends." -- Lennon/McCartney

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages