Cookery

Joy Beeson

Feb 6, 2024, 6:35:53 PMFeb 6

Seeting a pork chop in gravy improves both the pork chop and the
gravy.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Scott Dorsey

Feb 6, 2024, 7:07:51 PMFeb 6
In article <5hg5si97uqvt1i5c1...@4ax.com>,
Joy Beeson <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

>Seeting a pork chop in gravy improves both the pork chop and the
>gravy.

IT'S A COOKBOOK!
--scott

Joy Beeson

Feb 7, 2024, 1:34:39 AMFeb 7
On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 18:35:51 -0500, Joy Beeson
<jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> Seething a pork chop in gravy improves both the pork chop and the
> gravy.

Omitting a single "h" made the sentence complete nonsense.

--
Joy "oops" Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Kevrob

Feb 10, 2024, 4:08:53 PMFeb 10
On Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at 1:34:39 AM UTC-5, Joy Beeson wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 18:35:51 -0500, Joy Beeson
> <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:
>

> > Seething a pork chop in gravy improves both the pork chop and the
> > gravy.
>

> Omitting a single "h" made the sentence complete nonsense.
>
> --

One has to have some gravy, first.

I'm going to have a pork chop, tonight. I'll put it in the air fryer
and basically broil it. A drip pan will catch the juices. I'll reverse
sear it in a pan. I like to to deglaze the pan with red wine vinegar,
then add those drippings, water or broth, bring to a boil, then
simmer. I add a slurry of cornstarch and water. I made mashed
potatoes the other day, and roasted some. I also have the last bit of
a beefsteak tomato.

I made chicken stock from scratch last weekend, and have some
chicken/vegetable soup left over. Plenty of both in the freezer.

Do you sear a raw chop, then make gravy, then seethe?

--
Kevin R

Joy Beeson

Feb 12, 2024, 10:14:07 PMFeb 12
On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 13:08:52 -0800 (PST), Kevrob <kev...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

> Do you sear a raw chop, then make gravy, then seethe?

The latest time that I cooked a chop, I shaved off the fat, found it
far too little to make gravy, and chopped up half a slice of some
all-fat bacon I happened to have. (The bacon wasn't all fat, but the
half slice that I cut up was.)

I put the fat snippets into one of my medium-small iron skillets and
left them on a burner set on simmer until most of the fat was out.
Then I fetched a coffee measure of white-wheat flour ("White" wheat is
beige, and makes ecru flour.), made roux, and dribbled in a cup of
milk the usual way.

Then I put in the raw chop, put the other skillet on for a lid, and
simmered for an hour, stirring and turning occasionally.

Salt and pepper got in somewhere along the line.

--
Joy Beeson