AKICIF: load lilmits

Joy Beeson

Jul 18, 2021, 12:44:29 PM7/18/21

I've crossed that bridge thousands of times over the last twenty
years, but today is the first time I read the sign, or at least the
first time I noticed what it said:

Load Limit
2 axles 29 tons
3 axles 41 tons
4+ axles 40 tons

Why would four axles be allowed less weight than three axles?

--
joy beeson at centurylink dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/

Lowell Gilbert

Jul 19, 2021, 11:09:34 AM7/19/21
Joy Beeson <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> writes:

> I've crossed that bridge thousands of times over the last twenty
> years, but today is the first time I read the sign, or at least the
> first time I noticed what it said:
>
> Load Limit
> 2 axles 29 tons
> 3 axles 41 tons
> 4+ axles 40 tons
>
> Why would four axles be allowed less weight than three axles?

At a guess, it's because the axles are much less widely spread.

Kevrob

Jul 20, 2021, 5:05:02 PM7/20/21
Also, one needs teeny, tiny hands. :)

--
Kevin R

Gary McGath

Jul 20, 2021, 7:32:20 PM7/20/21
"Oh, you need little teeny eyes for reading little teeny print
Like you need little teeny hands for milking mice."
-- An old filksong

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Dorothy J Heydt