Blog post on creating a convention website

Gary McGath

Jul 19, 2021, 6:03:56 PMJul 19
I've put a post on my blog which may be of interest for reading and
discussion, on how to create a convention website.

It's inspired, of course, by all the bad sites I've seen. I won't point
fingers, but you've seen them too. Ones that don't say when the con is
held or what its topic is. Ones that are a mess to navigate and aren't
kept up to date. Ones that mention the city but not the state.

https://garymcgath.com/wp/a-quick-guide-to-creating-a-convention-website/

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Gary McGath

Jul 19, 2021, 6:53:54 PMJul 19
On 7/19/21 6:19 PM, Someone Else wrote:
> In Message-ID:<sd4ssa$aa3$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Gary McGath <ga...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com> wrote:
>
>> I've put a post on my blog which may be of interest for reading and
>> discussion, on how to create a convention website.
>>
>> It's inspired, of course, by all the bad sites I've seen.
> <snip>
>> Ones that are a mess to navigate
>
> Ones where you can't even click on a link without having active
> scripting enabled.

There are way too many sites like that, not to mention ones that require
JavaScript just to view the text content.

>> Ones that mention the city but not the state.
>
> Ones that mention the dates but not the year.

I did list that one. "When will it be held? Include the year!"

> Ones like one talked about here recently where you can't even find
> out the price without creating a userid on the site.

Gary McGath

Jul 20, 2021, 7:00:51 AMJul 20
On 7/19/21 8:07 PM, Someone Else wrote:
> In Message-ID:<sd4vq1$r23$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Gary McGath <ga...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com> wrote:
>
>>> Ones that mention the dates but not the year.
>>
>> I did list that one. "When will it be held? Include the year!"
>
> So you did. I was responding to only what was here before even
> looking at your blog.

I really prefer replying after reading.