Fandom Questionnaire

Ed Kramer

Nov 3, 1994, 1:09:00 PM11/3/94
FANDOM QUESTIONNAIRE RED SKYE

NAME: Ed Kramer

ADDRESS: P.O. Box 148, Clarkston, GA 30021-0148

e.kr...@genie.geis.com

GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Founder and Chairman, Dragon*Con; Chairman,
NASFiC '95; Chairman, World Horror Convention '95.

HOBBIES/AREAS OF INTEREST: Computers, Caving, Exotic snakes.

OCCUPATION: Consultant / trainer to the educational fields.

AGE: 33

1) Has being involved with a fan club and (or) attending cons
benefited you personally? [X] YES [_] NO

2) How has being involved in fandom benefited you.

As result of contacts made through fandom, at this point, I have edited
16 anthologies with many more to come. These are entirely due to
attending SF/Fantasy/Horror Cons. It is how I primarily solicit new
authors for participation in anthology projects.

4) What are the drawbacks of fandom?

Drawback is time committment. Preparing a con (as a Chair) take
hundreds of hours each and every week. Actually, it really does
take a lot of time.

5) How much time would you dedicate to your fan activities?

3-5 hours daily.

6) How much money do you approximately spend on merchandise, cons,
fan activities, club membership and any expenses incurred due to your
fandom activities during a month? And during a year?

Approx. $6,000 per year.

8) How many group related activities (meetings/cons) would you attend
on average each year.

Chattacon (Chattanooga, TN)
Arisia (Boston, MA)
World Horror Con
WorldCon
World Fantasy Con
Oasis (Orlando, FL)
Game Manufacturer's Association Meeting
San Diego Comic Con (San Diego, CA)
Antares (Atlanta, GA)
Dragon*Con (Atlanta, GA)
Diamond Trade Show
Capital City Trade Show

---
. SLMR 2.1a . It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a