Kamapa Worldcon and human rights

Gary McGath

Jan 30, 2024, 6:09:11 AMJan 30
I've posted a blog article on the prospect of a Kampala Worldcon,
looking at the big human rights issues and the convention rules. Neither
one looks encouraging.

https://garymcgath.com/wp/human-rights-kampala-worldcon/

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Gary McGath

Jan 30, 2024, 6:45:30 AMJan 30
On 1/30/24 6:09 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> I've posted a blog article on the prospect of a Kampala Worldcon,
> looking at the big human rights issues and the convention rules. Neither
> one looks encouraging.

Ghaaa ... Where are my fingers?

Scott Dorsey

Jan 30, 2024, 6:59:21 PMJan 30
In article <upangn$vhqq$1...@dont-email.me>,
Gary McGath <ga...@mcgath.com> wrote:
>On 1/30/24 6:09 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
>> I've posted a blog article on the prospect of a Kampala Worldcon,
>> looking at the big human rights issues and the convention rules. Neither
>> one looks encouraging.
>
>Ghaaa ... Where are my fingers?

While it's true that Musaveni has a pretty terrible human rights record
(even if it might be better than some of his recent predecessors), I would
think there would be far more substantial issues with operating a Worldcon
in Uganda.
--scott