No more TimeCon

Aahzmandius

Jun 1, 1992, 7:13:18 AM6/1/92
In article <68...@public.BTR.COM> p...@btr.BTR.COM (Pamela T. Pon p...@btr.com) writes:
>Could anyone e-mail me info on this year's Timecon? Just a phone number
>or address from which I can then get more detailed info would be sufficient.

TimeCon no longer exists. In its place, appropriately enough, is
ConFused......
--
--- Aahz (the *other* Dan Bernstein)
@netcom.com

Hugs, backrubs, and kneerubs -- I break Rule 6

Not a Nice Guy [tm]

Chuq Von Rospach

Jun 1, 1992, 12:39:42 PM6/1/92
aa...@netcom.com (Aahzmandius) writes:

>>Could anyone e-mail me info on this year's Timecon? Just a phone number
>>or address from which I can then get more detailed info would be sufficient.

>TimeCon no longer exists. In its place, appropriately enough, is
>ConFused......

Changed the name to protect the guilty?

--
Chuq "IMHO" Von Rospach, ESD Support & Training (DAL/AUX) =+= Member, SFWA
ch...@apple.com | GEnie: MAC.BIGOT | ALink:CHUQ =+= Editor, OtherRealms

Michael Wallis

Jun 3, 1992, 9:43:06 PM6/3/92
ch...@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:

> aa...@netcom.com (Aahzmandius) writes:
>
> >>Could anyone e-mail me info on this year's Timecon? Just a phone number
> >>or address from which I can then get more detailed info would be sufficient
>

> >TimeCon no longer exists. In its place, appropriately enough, is
> >ConFused......
>
> Changed the name to protect the guilty?

No ... it seems the name 'TimeCon' was a dba of Steve Mann, former
Chairman and guiding light. Steve, appearently, wanted mucho dinero
(rumours go as high as $10,000 for 5 years) for use of the name. The
current team wisely decided not to accept his offer. Unfortunately, they
didn't choose a 'better' name, IMHO.

As an amusing sidelight, when David Medinnus was doing a name search for
his new store (A WRINKLE IN TIME in Cupertino) he did a check on all the
local con names and the 'Timecon' dba had lapsed. David, being no fool,
filed a dba under HIS name. He called Craig Nicholai, President of
Conventions of Time, Inc, the corporate body, and offered them the use
for a dollar. Unfortunately, Con-Fused had already sent out lots of
ad material and con listings under their current name so they didn't want
to change it at this late date.

Michael

Michael Wallis UUCP: mwa...@clubzen.UUCP
"The day I stop learning is the day I start dying." - Michael Wallis